Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Shadow Isles Patch Notes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hetrovono

10-24-2012

seriously if they don't put all these new items on SR i'll be pissed

Lewis0510

10-24-2012

Whyyyy do you keep nerfing rengar!?!?!?!?!?!

Vitra X

10-24-2012

Omg they killed rengar
damn u riot!

Ogaflow

10-24-2012

Nerfs to Skarner... out of the blue because of the world tournament. Who was that player who said he wanted to make Skarner famous again and that he was the best Skarner? Good job.

Rengar.... Most of the nerfs are acceptable, making bonetooth necklace absolutely worthless however.... way too far. Who is going to buy an item that literally does nothing when purchased? Even mejais gives at least SOME stats.... This item is trash tier now.

Eve.... Double whammy with both ulti nerfs and deathfire nerfs. Back to the drawing board for making her viable again... Without that burst she can't solo anyone.

Ezreal.... Nerf to w looks horrible, it might be too. But honestly not too bad as that shifts him into a poke comp cha.... oh wait, you nerf triforce and phage against him too in the same patch.... never mind that w nerf REALLY is horrible.

Sona.... Has the base stats of a minion now, her poke is untouched so she will still do well against inexperienced players but pros will just toss a simple cc on her when she attempts to harass and give the carry free gold for doing true damage to sona all lane....

Blitz nerfs.... Meh, not too bad. He escaped lightly.

Jayce... More mana cost nerfs, and melee e base damage removed. Honestly not going to do a lot to him. His accel gate + shock blast combo damage in untouched, so he can still push people out of lane too easily all while being far to safe from counter play.

Buffs for Syndra, not unexpected considering how weak she was in both beta and release. Still shocked they even buffed any champion this patch with how bad the nerf stick thrown around this patch

Trundle buff.... Be careful trundle players.... random buffs are usually the sign you will be getting nerfed soon.

Tristana nerf and buff... Her e being set to what her auto range is at is a late game buff and an early game nerf... She relied on that DoT to trade in the early lane phase. I do not know how this will effect her overall game though...

Overall I give this patch a 3/10, far too many nerfs coming down the pipe in a singe patch and too many overlapping nerfs to a few champions, Evelynn, Ezreal and Rengar.

Ethali

10-24-2012

Why the F:U:C:K would you nerf DFG SO HARD??? Even further nerfing eve => back to being useless.

Also, nerf on Eza is plain ghay.. His w is already **** now its uber ****
Its good u nerfed triforce also, its really cheap item to get.. WAIT ITS NOT!
eza is now from tier 1 to tier 3.. nice downing him, he was useless for almost a year now i guess its time for that again

Sona nerf is PLAIN dumb.

Tristana now even more of lategame champ. WHY???

LeBIink

10-24-2012

Nerf Rengar=Increase profit

U just made some more money Riot

Cutesy boy name

10-24-2012

Quote:
Stexe:
Nice changes, thought they were going to wait until Season 2 was over though. Could make getting Elo harder for some people who relied on those Champions...

I'm curious how the new "Twisted Treeline" map will work if people are still playing Ranked 3v3...

OMFG? Balance changes for Trundle? The only Champion to go without any balance changes for this long?! WHY YOU DO THIS RIOT!

Finally, good to see a few of the "Quality of Life" changes made it into this patch. If you have any suggestions for more QoL changes you'd like to see post them here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2026965

posted some shyvana stuff since no one else had anything to say because she is so under used.

MasterPhuc

10-24-2012

well blackfire torch seems like a fun new item for ap, but i dont like that bonetooth doesnt give +10, i mean it's only +10, but now i wont be able to get it early game to start stacking up the tropies bc it won't provide any help to getting the kills

Edwerd Elric

10-24-2012

Awesome Map update, but don't you " Think " key word here. before you just nerf 4 champions to about half of what they are? I mean I don't even play half the champions getting the nerfs, but damn you've pretty much made half of them useless... again, but to repeat any action is easier then coming up with something new. No surprise to see Riot taking the easy way out again.

Arcane Azmadi

10-24-2012

You've massively, massively overnerfed DFG. It's going to go from the item everyone builds to the item no-one builds.Gutting the damage (and it has been MASSIVELY reduced) would be bad enough, but completely removing the CDR without a trace and not reducing the item cost at all pushes it over the line into "worthless". That's not how you balance.

Also, no Elise? I'm disappointed.