Shadow Isles Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HeroADV

10-25-2012

ah yes
Riot Games

sucking the fun out of things since 2009

FlashGenius

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadkid View Post
wow Lord Van Damm's Pillager will make Riven Ridiculous :O
Just played a game with her, ended up a 3v1 against me. I won.

FaTh3r TiM3

10-25-2012

Rengar got hit pretty damn hard lol. Time to find a new jungler!

Dosh Lotsamoney

10-25-2012

Well, Rengar was fun while he was playable.

And the Eve nerf is a bit much.

choosemeftw

10-25-2012

My goodness people are funny when it comes to these things. You think Deathfire grasp took that much of a hit? Assuming you have 0 ability power, and are targeting a level 18 ap/ad carry with maybe 2500 hp, and 0 magic resist your DFG now does 250 less damage. I suppose that's kind of harsh, but now in a more realistic perspective, you're running an AP carry with at least 600 ap, now the difference between the old and new DFG is a 4% difference, so the difference in damage to someone with 0 magic resist and 2500 hp is 100, but considering base magic resist alone should give you somewhere around 30% reduction, that difference is now 70 damage. It's not a huge difference later on in the game.

As for eve, the change isn't a huge affect at being 1% per 100instead of per 50. If you are purely AP eve, and are 600 plus you lose around 6% of damage (unmitigated) against targets, still not horrible considering how much destruction she is currently causing.

Someone recently posted on further nerfing Blitzcrank, Blitzcrank is fine. You can't shorten the length on the grab, if the grab length is not further than a towers reach, you've just changed blitzcrank too much. It's not the quickest of skill shots, it can be avoided. People would rather they just get rid of characters who pose a different threat than they like rather than learn to play smart. I love the trundle change, I hate not having blue buff with trundle and just watching myself roar through my small mana pool. Gives him a little more mana sustain so that's cool.

Nitroniumm

10-25-2012

Poor Rengar. Why does the nerf hammer have to hurt so bad.

High Carnifex

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by choosemeftw View Post
Someone recently posted on further nerfing Blitzcrank, Blitzcrank is fine. You can't shorten the length on the grab, if the grab length is not further than a towers reach, you've just changed blitzcrank too much. It's not the quickest of skill shots, it can be avoided. People would rather they just get rid of characters who pose a different threat than they like rather than learn to play smart. I love the trundle change, I hate not having blue buff with trundle and just watching myself roar through my small mana pool. Gives him a little more mana sustain so that's cool.
The grab isn't the problem. I'm perfectly okay with getting popped by a skillshot, if I'm dumb enough to let it hit me. The fact that the grab is a pretty considerable range and pulls you to him is the problem. He has no risk in using it unless your champion is just an incredible amount stronger. Especially given that it works perfectly with the rest of his abilities. Grab>Knockup>Ult>Speed... Yeah, that's cool, considering a tower put 3 shots on you before you could even start running. Like I said, I'm okay being CC'd. I don't complain about Ali or Malph or anyone else, really. Taunts are even a million times preferred than his grab.

Consider that other champions' CC stops you where you are. Blitz's pulls you to him... Again, cool. The range and combo is what is ridiculous. I'd rather have Malzahar use his combo on me than blitz. At least Malz has to go to you to start his. Warwick as well.

I may just be noob. But I absolutely can not stand anything that I can't retaliate to. I hate it in Tekken games and I hate it in anything else. Being juggled sucks. Always.

Rennibal1

10-25-2012

Why Riot now Rengar is no OP i dont like this patch i hate it

foxfire100

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Carnifex View Post
I hardly ever used DFG before, but I know that it is a MASSIVE hit to it... 25% damage is retarded, especially when it increases with AP. People whining about that part are morons. The CDR should have stayed, though... I don't know why someone would buy it, at this point, instead of a Rylai's or just an MET.

That aside. Thanks for the Rengar nerfs. People whining about the +10 damage on Bonetooth Necklace are... Interesting. Thanks for the nerfs on him. Also: Blitzcrank needs a REAL nerf. Like 40 hp? Are you kidding me?

Blitzcrank needs this:

A 20%-30% reduction in range on his grab. Reduction in the shield (Seriously). And higher mana costs. Seriously. And perhaps even reduced damage. The guy has too much damn CC to be so tanky and do so much damage, so quickly.

People are seriously whiney about the Sona "Nerf."

I never even noticed the debuff from Ez. Soooo.... Yeah.

Downvoting myself.
The problem with your logic is that DFG DIDN'T do 25% of their health. It did 25% of their CURRENT health in the form of MAGIC DAMAGE (resistible). For starters, because it's current health it has a 0% chance of striking the killing blow. But let's give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they found a full-health champion and opened with DFG. Now bear in mind the average champion has 50-60 base MR by level 18, and if they bring MR/lvl glyphs (extremely common) then they should have 74-84. Assuming you build no other MR items (although if the enemy AP carry is fed you'll likely get a Banshee's) then you're only taking 54-57% damage from magical sources. So let's say this fed AP carry has amassed 600 AP (about the most I get on any AP carry except Veigar). The 49% of current health you were doing was just reduced to 27%. And if the AP carry isn't fed? The 30% of current health is reduced to 17%

Dealing 17% of their CURRENT (not max) health on a one-minute cooldown (the cooldown of the average ulti) is more than reasonable, wouldn't you say so? If you disagree then you should also be screaming to nerf the following champs:

Amumu, Annie, Ashe, Brand, Caitlyn, Cho'gath, Darius, Draven, Evelynn, Ezreal, Fiddlesticks, Fiora, Fizz, Galio, Gangplank,.... See where I'm going with this?

Did I neglect to mention that since DFG is percentage-based it was usually better to save it for tanks? Why waste your one-minute cooldown on the enemy Ezreal if you can kill him with your normal combo? But wait - tanks usually have 140 or more magic resist! So instead of doing 27% of their current health, you do closer to 20%

DFG's active simply wasn't that devastating. I personally never bought it for the active. I bought it for two reasons:

1. CDR (especially nice on manaless champions)
2. It built from a GP10

Now that reason 1 is removed I have no reason to upgrade my Kage's Pick. I might as well keep a GP10 all game instead of waste it on a useless active ability.

High Carnifex

10-25-2012

@FoxFire100 I will agree with you that the "current health" thing is a part of the balance.... But the problem with your logic is that any self-respecting player will use it when their health is highest... After initiation but just before CC. You also didn't take into account that most mages will have a ton of MPen runes. I'm not arguing or speaking down to you, but that's insane amounts of damage from an item. I completely shut down an Annie with Veigar using DFG and his combo.... With 1200 average ping. That should never happen.

I will agree with your logic. But I still think the damage needed a nerf. I really think the CDR should've stayed. I can't convince you otherwise, because you seem to really like being a bursty-AP... I just think it's absolutely insane that doing 25% of my health+CC+Combos is a little ridiculous.