Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Shadow Isles Patch Notes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chihuts

10-25-2012

I think being able to recal during the burning from Dragon's damage is not a good idea. It means that stealing a dragon while low health doesn't have the same risk factor. It also removed the fact that if you don't calculate your health and damage output, theres no real risk to dying for cutting it too close.

Noobs will love this, pros will hate it.

Just my opinion.

Sensible

Recruiter

10-25-2012

Quote:
Stexe:
Nice changes, thought they were going to wait until Season 2 was over though. Could make getting Elo harder for some people who relied on those Champions...

I'm curious how the new "Twisted Treeline" map will work if people are still playing Ranked 3v3...

OMFG? Balance changes for Trundle? The only Champion to go without any balance changes for this long?! WHY YOU DO THIS RIOT!

Finally, good to see a few of the "Quality of Life" changes made it into this patch. If you have any suggestions for more QoL changes you'd like to see post them here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2026965

Did you really just use champion imbalance as a legitimate elo boosting strategy?

Purple Mischief

10-25-2012

Eve my poor baby

koolnerd

10-25-2012

"Fixed a bug where a player's Ranked Solo rating would be displayed before all of his provisional matches had been finished."

no more friends squatting on that elo rating with only 2 matches? Yes haha

Fazuzu

10-25-2012

if they're not going to remove the altars or at least heavily nerf the bonus for having both, they should at least lower the time you can /ff to 10 minutes, one change they should have thought of already if they wanted to force much faster games it should have been common sense.

AFlyingFreak

10-25-2012

Seriously though, wicked hatchet?

Ruin all supports why don't cha

Make it FAR easier for those bad junglers to gank, and for good supports to get pooped on despite whatever they may do

rengar nerf seems depressing (he already sucked all over the place)

dfg nerf, good, maybe those Op eves will build something else :P

hollows bleach

10-25-2012

They're up

Chihuts

10-25-2012

Quote:
MrObscure:

Lastly DFG is coming out of my builds without that CDR, that and its passive were the only reasons it was in there.

This was absolutly viable. DFG was simply too OP, it allowed you to do an instantaeous amount of damage that no other item offered, aswell as CD buff? The item was overkill and it was a neccessary nerf.

snikclefritz

10-25-2012

Quote:
BurnYaBad:
Bassoid ?? Member
This user has accepted the summoners code, click for more information

1 Hour Ago

I have to say that even though I hate Rengar and Ezreal , this patch has to be the coronation of a few bad ways to balance the game. Why would you screw DFG so much in a single patch ? Why would you nerf skarner ?! He was barely viable before. And those Rengar nerfs, jesus christ... You just needed to increase the cooldowns on his skills, add a CD to the jumps from the bushes and maybe shorten the range a little.
Do you guys learn from your past mistakes ? I mean , can´t you make SLIGHT changes to balance until you get the state of the game you want ? WHO IS GOING TO BUY DFG now ? Why wouldn´t you just delete it from the item store ? The same with ezreal´s W , a very useless and lackluster skillshot , you should at least make it an autotarget skill.

Those Syndra buffs are the proof you need to hire better betatesters (if you have any), because she has been almost useless for a month before you guys realized what needed to be done, and I could have told you to make these changes the day she was released (I refunded her as soon as I had the option to do so) , and guess what ... I still think all these buffs won´t be enough to make her viable.

The ward skins not beign permanent, I can´t say I didn´t see it coming. You guys might be getting a bit too greedy there (As someone who has spent thousands of dollars in the game I think I have my right to say so).
Well , good luck to the aps killing the usual retarded Tanky Dps champs without DFG.

Could you exaggerate a bit more? Maybe tell us you spent MILLIONS next time. hahahah "thousands!!!"

hes got a point though
i mean like why nerf rengar that hard, and barely nerf jayce. syndra is just terrible STILL, and who is gonna buy the dfg? like i just dont get their reasoning sometimes. now rengar is just gonna be useless lol and was that extra 10 physical damage on the boontooth necklace that OP that it needed to be taken away? dfg is beyond useless. also it does seem like they are extremely greedy because i mean what person with any sense would buy a ward skin that isnt permanent? they nerf blitz, sona, eve, SKARNER, might as well just point the nerf gun at every champ that isnt karma. but oh wait karma's sheild does a decent amount of damage, might as well nerf her too

Sensible

Recruiter

10-25-2012

Quote:
Chihuts:
I think being able to recal during the burning from Dragon's damage is not a good idea. It means that stealing a dragon while low health doesn't have the same risk factor. It also removed the fact that if you don't calculate your health and damage output, theres no real risk to dying for cutting it too close.

Noobs will love this, pros will hate it.

Just my opinion.

What you said doesn't make sense. Dragon's attack DOT is still going to do the same amount of damage. Also the DOT ends well before your recall ends. Not to mention when attempting to steal dragon its damage would have no real inherent effect on you because you weren't its original attacker, and your last sentence, would you care to explain that?