Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Shadow Isles Patch Notes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

x KhaosStorm x

10-25-2012

Quote:
Saberfal:
Jayce nerfage... needed
Rengar did need some nerfs but he's even a less viable jungler now and his ultimate is easily countered by oracles. Savagery.. no complaints here but was his hp regen really that op?
Also glad to see some improvements on tristana and leona and other champions as well as the new map and items.

i didn't think it was that good i jungled with him a lot and always had to burn pots like crazy the regen didn't do enough for me which now leads me to believe that he is gonna get crushed in lane and jungle with the nerf to regen if it was really that OP

Detonus

10-25-2012

Quote:
Thedyingninja:
first off, we are OBVIOUSLY not talking about level 1 ezreal as you pointed out earlier talking about him hitting his q in team fights. we are talking about late game, so we are talking about 11 seconds. if he is getting chase, he IS hitting his q, or he is not smart at all. Second, it really only takes one decent shift to get away from anyone. the point is, you want ez to be able to stand toe to toe with people and shut them down THEN be able to run away if it gets too hot. lets call a spade a spade here. youre mad because you play ez and you love being able to run up on another adc. hit them with your skills, drop their attack speed, buff yours, and if their friends show up you shift out.
its just typical subjectivity.

Actually my good man, I don't play Ezreal that much. From time to time yes I play ezreal but I much prefer mid/top, and the ocassional jungle. Otherwise my ADC's are varus, ez, or twitch. And I've stated already in this long ass blog on longness. That if they were going to change it they should have reduced how much it reduces the AS of the other people. 10-20% would be reasonable. This skill as been nerfed more than anything in his kite. and in reality it's his only counter-offensive ability. where as others have slows/snares/stuns/blinds.

pwninja

10-25-2012

I'm so excited I cannot wait for headless Hecarim the skin is utterly amazing.

Halbeeno

10-25-2012

By the time I click last page of comments, there's already another page of comments...
Crowded forums huh? xD

Anyway, they should have said something about Elise, whether they were gonna put her in this patch or not ect.
I'm glad TT is getting a remodeling because I like 3v3 but it was so unpopular that I had to wait 10 minutes to play one game.

Also, I got my hopes up when I saw it said, THE ISLE OF SHADOW update, I almost expected to see a new 5v5 map!!!

Wouldn't a new 5v5 map with similar, but not exactly same layout be a nice change?
They should make it so instead of picking Summoner's rift, you just pick Classic and it has some sort of map rotation.
It would really really make this game even MORE awesome.
Anyway thx Riot and keep up the good work. xD

verney

10-25-2012

*NEW ITEM* Wooglet's Witchcap
Recipe: Needlessly Large Rod
Total gold cost: 2700 (combine cost: 1100)
+100 Ability Power
Unique Passive: +10% Movement Speed
Unique Passive: Increases Ability Power by 25%.

So basically a cheaper version of Deathcap, if the increase AB % stacks with Deathcap i can see this being nerfed sooner rather than later.

demonlord96

10-25-2012

Alright, I hate Rengar just as much as the next person (even though I do enjoy playing him) and I am happy to see all the nerfs going his way, he does need them. While I did want him nerfed however, I think Riot might have gone a bit overboard on this one.

The nerf on his q and ult was definitely needed. He was doing way too much damage at almost all points of the game and he was walking out of situations that he shouldn't be able to.
The changes to his ult are especially nice in my opinion. Reduced time in stealth and a longer cooldown means people actually have to think for a second before using it. It also means he won't be able to just use it as his escape every time he does something wrong. If you make a bad choice or a mistake and jump into the middle of the enemy team when you shouldn't have then you deserve to die just like any other champion would if they did the same (Unless overfed of course).
I do think the nerf to bonetooth was completely unneeded however. The fact that he got a unique item he could buy was one of the things I liked most about Rengar. It set him apart from every other champion in the game (except Viktor). Without the base 10 AD though there really isn't any point in buying it. It won't help you get any stacks because it has no benefit at its base level, and if you die you lose stacks anyways, so if someone manages to get you the item becomes useless again. I really see no reason that anyone will buy this item unless they're horribly fed and can build the stacks easily. The bonetooth nerf basically took one of the coolest features that Rengar had and flushed it down the toilet.

Now, I've got to say something about the nerfs to my main girl Sona. While I do find it humorous that minions are now more survivable than she is, I don't see why she needed a debuff to those particular stats. I thought that the issue with Sona was her amazing poking ability. Now I'll admit, I don't normally die too much as Sona, but that's more because I understand how to play her properly than she's too tanky. I still die near instantly if I make a wrong move and get focused by the enemy team. Wouldn't it have made more sense to tweak her ap ratios a bit more than you already have if you wanted to reduce the poking?
If you really wanted to make other supports more prevalent in the game don't you think it would have been better to maybe buff some of the other supports in the game? Make them more viable instead of making the currently popular support easier to kill than a minion? Just saying, would have made more sense to me.

The Skarner nerf on his exoskeleton wasn't really necessary either. I'm sure we can all live with actually being able to get away from Skarners ult, but I hardly see the poor dude as it is. The exoskeleton nerf is going to make his jungling extremely difficult. I have the distinct feeling that I'm never going to see this one again. Just seemed like a really random champion for you to nerf right now, just as he was starting to show up again.

As for Syndra, I'm excited that I might actually get to see her played in a game now! I've only ever qued in with one Syndra before, she was on the enemy team. I was so excited that I was finally going to get to see Syndra in action. The player either was afk the entire game or never connected. Literally nobody plays her, at all, and the people who do seemingly don't have the will to play the game once they do get in one with her. These changes to her are much needed.

I laugh at the changes that have been made to Blitz in this patch. Laugh at them! A little reduction to his health is not going to make the slightest difference in how people play him. He loses what, some 140HP at level 18? With his shield he's going to ignore that that change was even made. You have successfully accomplished nothing with this one. Nothing at all.

The Ezreal nerf could have been a bit less harsh than it was. I can see why the AS debuff on it needed to be lowered, but removed completely? That's a low blow right there. Ez is going to have a hell of a time trading with other ADC's now, and he'll probably come out on bottom pretty much every time, even with a skilled player using him. The AS decrease easily could have been scaled back a bit instead of removing it completely.

And now for the DFG nerf. I can't say I really mind this one. I personally don't like the item so I never really used it. Completely removing the CDR though was a bit harsh. The CDR was half the reason that anyone even got the item at all, that and its active ability, which also got nerfed. The base stats it gives you literally don't even come close to justifying what it costs now without the CDR and the active. I would definitely suggest lowering its price if you aren't going to reinstate at least a portion of the CDR (Even then I would probably still lower the price). This item just completely dropped off of the map.

AstralCrash

10-25-2012

Will the witchcap's passive stack with the deathcap's? ooh man casters are gunna love that 55% passive ap boost.

RageRawrrrrr

10-25-2012

They should have just lowered the damage in the DFG instead of taking away CD reduction. That was a good item for supports to build. =\ Now it's kind of useless.

Luna Wolf

10-25-2012

Hopefully only 5 more minutes. ;-;

demonlord96

10-25-2012

Quote:
verney:
*NEW ITEM* Wooglet's Witchcap
Recipe: Needlessly Large Rod
Total gold cost: 2700 (combine cost: 1100)
+100 Ability Power
Unique Passive: +10% Movement Speed
Unique Passive: Increases Ability Power by 25%.

So basically a cheaper version of Deathcap, if the increase AB % stacks with Deathcap i can see this being nerfed sooner rather than later.

Actually, all of the new items in the Twisted Treeline are replacing their counterparts.
This one happens to be the replacement for the Deathcap. I also doubt that this item is going to ever make it to SR either, so I don't think that someone stacking the two will ever become an issue.

Though I do have to wonder, where the heck does the movement speed increase come from? Seems like it came out of nowhere to me.