Shadow Isles Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

J LynnO

10-25-2012

thanks riot! now evelynn is back to being a POS when theres more outrageous mids out there. lets see, veigar who farms his q can two shot with his q and ultimate. oh and sona. we all know she needed the health and armor nerf. SHES JUST SO TANKY! (probably the farthest support from it. rengars nerf didnt even hit the worst thing about him. his slow and ult is the problem. thanks for also ruining the support aspect of blitzcrank by making him squishier than he already was. he doesnt have good resistances so a little higher health doesnt matter. i do have to thank you for the buffing of trist she is a cool adc and i wish i saw her played more often.

Lorthix

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiveCommander View Post
The Blade of the Ruined King looks ridiculously powerful for it's gold cost. So I did a little number-crunching in regards to a particular application, using Warwick as my guinea pig (Everyone's beloved on-hit champ).

In a build with Sorc shoes, Frozen Mallet, Madred's Bloodrazor, Wit's End, BotRK and a BT, Warwick's ult can do stupid amounts of damage. I'm sure someoen can think of a more damaging build, but this'll do for the early calculations.

Assuming the target is a champ with 3k health and WW is lv18 with full stacks on the BT, here's the rough breakdown of the damage Infinite Duress can cause:

420 base (+399 from AD) over the 1.8sec duration.
20% of target's life (600 in this instance) from MBR
20% of target's life (surprise! 600 again) from BotRK, but half of this is returned to WW
+210Wit's End procs
+192 total from procs on WW's passive (+16, +32, +48*3)

That's over 2400 damage, and in this instance, 80% of his target's HP before calculating resists, so stock up on magic pen runes and feast away! With a base damage of ~1220, if WW pounces an enemy with under 2k health and low enough magic resist, he can kill them outright with just the ult (if the stars align, that is).

Seriously though, that's scary as hell and will definitely see a nerf. When the servers are up, I'll try do a bot game and see how badly I can snowball some Bloodrazor/Ruined King builds.
Not 100% sure on this but I think Bloodrazor was removed from TT and Ruined King placed in. I don't think you have to worry about people stacking them.

Azserai II

10-25-2012

Why are you replacing TT? why not make it a totally new and separate map? and maybe add another dominion map? I'm not really complaining, but it'd be more fun with more selections, but then again... the queues would be slower... so I guess that's probably a reason... I dunno just saying I just believe we need more maps... everything is really fun so far... more maps give different experiences and hence makes things more interesting... or have a warzone map where there are more than 5v5? like maybe a 10v10 for those of us that can handle it? more teamwork oriented and maybe a larger map making it harder to ward... making it having someone that just wards a great asset? clairvoyance would probably be used more as well... I know I'm jumping all over the place, but MORE MAPS PLS!! ^_^ and keep up the good work

ChrisPardave

10-25-2012

So bored and no one will tell me when this whole update will be over..

BearPride

10-25-2012

SO when does Udyr get some love? It has been 6 months sense i have found him playable the only way to build him now Is is AD, cant build him hybrid and cant go all ap with him...

HelSkadi

10-25-2012

yes keep nerfing sona... every time it feels like we sona players have to adapt to a new sona... duno where u got the idea she is super durable and survives she is squishy and u have made her even squishier.. am i really obligated to get her tanky hp items for the sake of not being raped and dead by 2 shots of a turret? Not to mention it screws up the whole support item build... thx a lot riot

HikoSeijuro1

10-25-2012

The nerfs ... wow these nerfs ... Why nerf ez? Reng needed a nerf .... but he just got demoted to Eve pre-remake status.

BearPride

10-25-2012

Can you create a few alternate versions of the 5v5 map and 3v3 Map? I have played this game for many years now a few variations of the maps would be nice and not just art placement of towers ect

TheTechmaturgist

10-25-2012

Please help me get one of heimers glitches fixed I really need Riot to weigh in on this click on the forum link and upvote or comment please http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...5#post30637785

Gainer Sanga

10-25-2012

This patch in a nutshell:

> Trundle actually changed for the first time.
> Khazix is still underpowered as all hell, because despite having a ridiculous lane phase, his teamfight phase is nonexistence.

'IS THIS SONA NERF REALLY NEEDED' She's the best support in the game, so yes.

'OMG YOU GUYS DIDN'T NERF SONA ENOUGH' You won't know that until you see her in game after this nerf. You're not a game designer. At least, I doubt it.
'OMG SKARNER WORKS HOW HE'S SUPPOSED TO NOW' xd
'OMG RENGAR IS BALANCED NOW'* (Also, to whoever said Rengar's ult is the best escape in the game: Shaco's Q, Fizz's E, Shyvana's Ult I believe, etc, etc...)
'OMG EVELYNN NERF' Wow, you're stupid.

*Someone said 'most OP champ since Darius'...you know the difference? Darius is STILL OP. You can completely shut a Darius down in lane phase--doesn't matter. His ulti lets him get pretty much 90% of the kills allowing him to get fed easily. Not to mention it's like Chogath's ulti but spammable--oh, it doesn't give him health like it does to Chogath? Good thing Darius is as tanky as Cho ANYWAY. You can build tank on Darius and still do as much damage as anyone else.

Hey, everyone who's *****ing about Rengar nerf--go play Darius, Riot seems to refuse to admit he's unbalanced! Katarina is also pretty good, another 'Press R to win the teamfight' champ.

'OMG EZREAL NERF?!?!?' as though Ezreal wasn't one of the most picked champs right now due to lack of balance.

'OMG HEIMERDINGER IS UNDERPOWERED' He really isn't, lol. 'USELESS IN A TEAM FIGHT' Store up 2 turrets, ulti, place them both down when the enemy team has committed? His rockets do good damage to multiple targets and if you can land his stun he can be very useful.

'ELISE/HALLOWEEN SKINS WHERE' With all the balance changes, shut up. PRESUMABLY they will be released, you know, AROUND HALLOWEEN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearPride View Post
SO when does Udyr get some love? It has been 6 months sense i have found him playable the only way to build him now Is is AD, cant build him hybrid and cant go all ap with him...
...Then build him tanky AD? Why would you build hybrid or AP. I mean, I'm a guy who mains AD Fizz and even I say that's stupid. His entire kit is based around basic attacking. Why would you sacrifice all his other **** just to make Phoenix form hurt--what?

...I like the Syndra changes.