damage over time champs too op now

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Triton95

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

Now any champion with a damage over time spell, that is ap oriented will dominate with Blackfire Torch. All of Teemo's abilities, Casseiopia, Singed, Brand, Rumble etc. On top of this it makes them tanky. I feel that champions like Teemo will face roll this. I mean 5%, over 3 seconds, of max health every auto attack. There is nothing even coming close to that in terms of poking ability. Here is the math of it. Blackfire torch deals 5% of max health over three seconds. 5/3=1 and 2/3, times four because that is how long Teemo's poison lasts + 5 from the last tick of Teemo's poison. That amounts to 11 and 2/3% of max health from one auto attack, not counting in the damage from the poison and on hit effect of his E.

My team once this map is released would be AP Teemo, Wukong, and Nunu or Cho.

SaveTheMaids

10-24-2012

I looked at the description and lol'd.

Oh the rage that will ensue when this item gets paired with Abyssal Scepter.

It even builds from Kage's.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

lol, remove OP items and replace them with OP items. G ****ing G Riot.

Let's just swing the OP scale to the other end and call it good.

Lasie

10-24-2012

This assumes that it triggers for each tick of the DOT. i dont think this is the case. i also dontbelieve that teemos passive counts as a spell. it deals magic damage bit then mf and varus (whose bonus magic damage on attack) actually comes from an ability would apply this also.

Lethal Loki

10-24-2012

Having tested, blackfire torch or w/e doesnt apply on teemos poison and is not generally a very good item for him unless your forced to play a poke game. It has reduced damage for mushrooms and one application can be put down per blinding dart. I will repeat, it does not apply on teemos poison

A champion its really op on, though not for a first item... is Ryze suprisingly.

fiddlesticksssss

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasie View Post
This assumes that it triggers for each tick of the DOT. i dont think this is the case. i also dontbelieve that teemos passive counts as a spell. it deals magic damage bit then mf and varus (whose bonus magic damage on attack) actually comes from an ability would apply this also.
For DoTs i think it does like 3% health damage per hit. So anyone that can re-trigger it (i.e teemo/swain/cassio/brand's passive) Can pretty much build up to 50% hp loss in mere seconds. High burst champs like leblanc will get 0 use out of this item though. Honestly it could easily be removed from Shadow Isles and ap champs would still be viable.