Could we get an RP to IP converter?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Savagekoala93

10-24-2012

I think that an RP to IP converter would be a good addition to the store/interface so when people have 23 RP or something like that can convert it into IP. This could be used for if someone is just 46 IP off from 6300 IP for a new champion or a rune page. The left over RP could then be used for something instead of just sitting there. A 6300 IP champ is 975 RP so the IP to RP ratio of that is about 6:1 when looking at top tier champions. The RP:IP converter could work in a way that for every 1 RP you get, let's say 4/5/6 IP in return. Of course it couldn't be worth more than 6 RP because people would be able to abuse the system with ease.

I also realize that rune pages and a lot of champs don't follow that 975RP to 6300IP scale ex. Garen, Morgana, Lux etc but im sure Riot can figure something out, hopefully with some community input. Sorry if this question has been asked and/or addressed before but i think this would be a good addition to the game.

Blasen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

I think this would be a great idea because I am in that current situation with about 42 RP but riot would need to figure out a way to avoid abuse. maybe like you can only do it if you have under a certian amount of RP (the amount of the cheapest rp champ)?

Arcticfury

10-24-2012

The reason that won't happen is the same reason you can't buy everything with RP. Runes for example enhance game play, so RP can't touch them since RP shouldn't affect game play. I think being able to buy a 1 game IP bonus would be cool, or maybe you can buy those ward rentals, but yea, I doubt what you ask for will happen.

Raynoc

10-24-2012

Pay to win vs. pay to play. This will never happen.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

10-25-2012
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Riot will not support this idea. This idea is essentially "selling power", which Riot is strongly against.

IS11d6327cb35cafc124891

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
Riot will not support this idea. This idea is essentially "selling power", which Riot is strongly against.
bookmarked. Because I'm pretty sure one day riot will sell power.

Phourc

10-25-2012

Technically, win boosts ARE an RP to IP converter xP

Eiales

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
Technically, win boosts ARE an RP to IP converter xP
...And compared to buying champs for that RP, they have horrible exchange rates.
Which is a Good Thing.

Daitrombe

10-25-2012

Quote:
This stance, pardon the french, is bull****.

You're pretty much forced to buy champions, EVERYONE does, and yet, buying one with RP effectively gives you 6.3K IP, three of them and you have enough for a full, very expensive, runepage.

Best Fizz EU

10-25-2012

Quote:
Then why are IP Boosts in the store?