Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champ Select calling your lane trolls

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beeboy1234

10-24-2012

Quote:
S├źnuch:
I see that you lack comprehension skills, due to your failure at distinguishing your choices between two behaviors when asking for a lane and why their results will occur. If it is the case that the immature person I had described is also the type of person you are, then as I say, you may cry, rage, and report to your heart's content. It seems as though because you fell into that category, you had become offended.

If for some reason you are a decently behaved summoner, then you will have nothing to worry about Beeboy1234, that simple. Your comment about the Meta being involved with calling lanes is not clear enough by the way. I would like to hope you do not mean that "it is the meta:" to spam the chat in caps like a child thinking that you will get the lane you want.

My comment about the meta was not clearly stated because i dont really have prof behind my statement. I wont cry and rage but if I call mid and you pick a mid champion. I will simply pick another mid champion and make you go another position. I am acting immature by doing that and i have no right to call you immature but so are you if you were really the better man you would let the troll take the position. Now if you were a well behaved summoner which i think you, think you are, you would explain to him your thoughts on the meta and if your team agreed and he still picked mid report him and get him banned. I play at 1100 elo with that meta so you must be higher and getting 1200 elo is a tough job so just ban the guy the fact that you counter trolled made it so that guy didnt get banned and he will troll another game.

PrincePapa

10-24-2012

Quote:
CrystalisX:
What you do is simply accept it. They are higher order than you for a reason, whether you like it or not. Let them play the role since they are probably better at it than you, and simply learn to get better with all roles so you don't find yourself so limited in what you can do.

You know, I actually think we should look at it the other way : the lower player should get what he wants, because it is probably the place where he is best, so even if he has the worst ELO, he'll play his best role and not feed (well, he still could, but the chances are lower), while the higher ELO, more experienced, could take, let's say, top instead of mid and still do good, because he has all that experience backing him up.

More on the topic though, I believe calling lanes is the best way to decide roles. IF it is done in a civilized way, not just someone moronly spamming TOP TOP TOP and rage because someone wants it too.

t0ad5

10-24-2012

I typically paste something to the effect:
playing as available per position of pick, in order: mid jungle top adc

Most usually I work with the team and give up a spot, but occasionally I mid when I have the chance.

The person who picks first has priority on pick (even though others may not like it, sorry, but literally they do have pick priority).

As the champ select progresses, in such case, one just has to suck it up (well, either that or *****, troll and act like a child) and do something else if what they "called" has been taken by the time they can choose. We call this in the adult world, being a "team player". I understand there is more than one way to be a team player, i.e. working with people who "call" something, but life isn't far.

If you aren't willing to work with people to win at champ select, before the game even starts, why bother playing ranked, or even draft mode for that matter?

PrincePapa

10-24-2012

To be honest, if someone locks in the role that an other called because his pick comes first, he isn't much of a team player himself, and therefore the sentence : "If you aren't willing to work with people to win at champ select, before the game even starts, why bother playing ranked, or even draft mode for that matter?" applies to them too.

Sure, the mature decision would be to suck it up and fill in the role, but not everyone works that way, and sometimes the spot left is something you can't fulfill. Actually, I believe the most balanced decision would be to dodge in this case : you won't have to deal with the moron that picked your role and won't have to fill in something that you will fail and make your team lose.