Mastering Mordekaiser

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azerax53

10-24-2012

I picked up Mordekaiser last week and i absolutely love him. He is so boss!

I am wondering though what is better to take on him after i get my Hextech Revolver should i get:

Sunfire Cape(gives Armor & Health & passive damage)
Rylia's Crystal Scepter (gives a Slow & AP & Health)
Force of Nature (gives added speed & MR & Health & Health regain)

I know that i should get sunfire cape or force of nature depending on whether team is AD or AP but my question is do i get Rylia's before or after i get the sunfire cape/force of nature?

Arawraxx

10-24-2012

It depends if you need the CC. He isn't a jungler, don't expect to play it through competitive.

ALWAYS get some HP on him. Don't consider FoN until you have HP. Burst mages rely on targeting low hp champs - HP DOES counter them almost as much as MR.

Azerax53

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learn 2 Swim View Post
It depends if you need the CC. He isn't a jungler, don't expect to play it through competitive.
don't expect to play it through competitive? what do you mean that he isn't able to be played in ranked? Cuz i've seen lots of Mordes in ranked own.

Quote:
ALWAYS get some HP on him. Don't consider FoN until you have HP. Burst mages rely on targeting low hp champs - HP DOES counter them almost as much as MR.
Thanks for the tip! If i need HP fast then i will go for sunfire otherwise i'll go for rylia's cuz it helps me hit harder, gives me some CC and gives me good HP.

Arawraxx

10-24-2012

Quote:
don't expect to play it through competitive?
Completely forget I said anyhting. When I originally read the thread I thought you said "Jungling Mordekaiser." It can be done, but its not good.

Obsidian Turtle

10-24-2012

"How 2 Morde" by A. Wesker

Step 1. Press E
Step 2. Win

Azerax53

10-24-2012

Quote:
Completely forget I said anyhting. When I originally read the thread I thought you said "Jungling Mordekaiser." It can be done, but its not good.
lol no worries. I wasn't planning on jungling with Morde that would be a fail. I use him mid most of the time but i can go top if i need to. I'm merely trying to fine tune my playing with him so i know exactly how i'm going to build him in any situation that comes up.

Azerax53

10-24-2012

Next question, I am leaning towards maxing creeping death before maxing my mace of spades. But is it better to max W(creeping death) or Q (mace of spades) first?

JRiMi

10-24-2012

Isn't his e the cone damage? That's what u Max first then mace.

pochoclotot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

You should get rylai's over sunfire, the extra ap and hp plus the slow help you out more than plain armor and hp + dot, you should be bursting people anyway so you won't get much damage out of that cape.

You should get sunfire however as a late game item against certani comps, but after getting your gunblade (although some might argue wota is better) you should definitely aim for rylai's

Azerax53

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pochoclotot View Post
You should get rylai's over sunfire, the extra ap and hp plus the slow help you out more than plain armor and hp + dot, you should be bursting people anyway so you won't get much damage out of that cape.

You should get sunfire however as a late game item against certani comps, but after getting your gunblade (although some might argue wota is better) you should definitely aim for rylai's
I actually like to make morde tanky before i go for gunblade or wota so that he has a little more sustain and isn't able to be killed so easily so get hextech pistol first then mag pen boots then Rylia's and finally go for gunblade or wota