XP Boost missing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VictorValerius

11-20-2009

The XP boost I received when I bought the retail version disappeared after this update. I had 20 something days left..was it only supposed to last until the store launched or something?

Jazzminkey

11-20-2009

Correct. It was to compensate for lack of store.

Catchphrase

11-20-2009

The amount of sheer deception that has gone into the launch of this game is rather commendable.

Jazzminkey

11-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catchphrase View Post
The amount of sheer deception that has gone into the launch of this game is rather commendable.
WHERE IN THE COLLECTOR'S EDITION PRE-ORDER DOES IT SAY YOU GET A XP BOOST?

No where. This was a peace offering for delaying the store launch. Quit trolling

Catchphrase

11-20-2009

Peace offering, what an ironic thing to call an indian gift.

There was no indication that it was going to be removed before the time limit was up. Even if it was supposed to make up for the store being offline (How am I supposed to know this before buying exactly?), there's no reason to take them away before exhaustion simply because the store is up. How on earth is that trolling? Lower the shield, I didn't attack you.

Njennings2

11-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catchphrase View Post
Peace offering, what an ironic thing to call an indian gift.

There was no indication that it was going to be removed before the time limit was up. Even if it was supposed to make up for the store being offline (How am I supposed to know this before buying exactly?), there's no reason to take them away before exhaustion simply because the store is up. How on earth is that trolling? Lower the shield, I didn't attack you.

Sounds like you shoulda asked... but thats just me trolling...

FYI for some reason i can't buy anything in the store lulz so maybe u should give it abck emaning the store still isnt working lulz.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

11-20-2009

Riot somewhat mishandled the messages on the XP boost: apologies for that. When the store was delayed originally, they wanted to compensate preorders that would've had the XP boost run out before the store was implemented. So they changed the XP boost from a set # of days to 'until the store goes live'. Of course, for those of you that bought it very close to the release of the store, this was not nearly as much of a gift, but you also didn't miss out on your purchase for nearly as long.

Catchphrase: I don't think Riot is intentionally malicious in any of its dealings with its community. Sometimes it messes up, and sometimes they are too busy and something slips by, but they are very big on transparency and make an effort to do so at every opportunity.

Give em a break, they finally got the store out and the problems are slowly getting resolved. I can't wait for all the PVP.net bugs to get fixed in the near future .

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

11-20-2009

Yes, Riot REALLY did mishandle the message. I was under the assumption it was a "thank you" for not having the game out on time to those who preordered, not that it would go away when they finished it (even though it is still buggy and not finished).

I would have grinded a lot more if I knew that was the case... seriously, this lack of communication is KILLING the game.