OMg SAmE ThINg AS DOMInoN!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fiddlesticksssss

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
guys don't worry Dominion strategies will not translate into the new treeline well maybe Teemo+Hextech sweeper will but other than that Dominion strategies wont really translate to treeline mainly because most of the current Dominion strategies focus on abusing the Aura and ganking bot but ganking bot is something that happens at every map but Proving grounds it's mostly abusing the Aura though.
You don't need strategy for this map though. If you have eyes and can click there is a high chance you can win.

WillWW

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticksssss View Post
You don't need strategy for this map though. If you have eyes and can click there is a high chance you can win.
Well I guess odds are even then.

Taarki

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by E1C View Post
While you capture your point and get your dinky +4 gold per minion, I'll just destroy one of your towers, granting +180 gold to each of my teammates.

With your +4 gold per minion buff, you'll need to snag 45 CS MORE than me in those 90 seconds before the alter becomes capture-able again. So unless you can get 1 cs every two seconds MORE than me, I will have gained more gold.

The 'primary objective' of the map is to destroy the enemy nexus, not to capture the alters. The alters, like Vilemaw, are simply means to an end.
we will capture both alters in 9 seconds and you cannot push an ENTIRE lane and a turett in 9 second, then we would gank you resulting in 10% ad/ap buff and a +4 gold/kill buff along with a gold buff for the whole team on kill/assist and then most likely push your turrett and win becuase its 2v3 and we have 10% extra ad/ap

Papuga

10-24-2012

I haven't yet had the chance to play the new TT in the beta and I'm waiting for a chance to give it a shot. Riot may have added new elements to the map and changed the look of the map but there are reasons to what they did, I'm sure. The map is also in beta and that means that changes can still be made.

I think that adding the alters gives a nice blend of dominion and summoner's rift. It also gives more objectives that dedicated teams can focus on to get the game moving and more entertaining.

This also decreases the gains from turtling. There are now more objectives that the enemy team can get because of that fact and makes turtling costly as well as harder to do.

Again, I have yet to play the map but I am looking forward to it. : )

As Taarki mentioned above, ignoring the alters will give the enemy team a strong advantage in the next team fight. Like in SR when you get baron buff, you try to push objectives not sit around.

Should a team get both alters they will look to make a play and score an objective. It would not be wise to simply ignore the alters. : )

WillWW

10-24-2012

No one has said anything about ignoring the altars. The point made was that if you value the altars more than you should, then youre doing it wrong. As it is now, do you see your bot lane running to get wolf or wraith buff everytime it comes up? No, it's mainly the junglers objective. And id much rather have those buffs than one altar buff.

KabalWins

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

considering its a completely new map anyway why can't they keep the real Twisted Treeline? It still sucks to even have to refer to that map as the "old version"