OMg SAmE ThINg AS DOMInoN!

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Axil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-24-2012

the altars


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wuuthrad

Senior Member

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arms of Sorrow View Post
**** you you don't know ****.
new TT sucks and all strategy is gone. Exact same thnig as Dominion. I devoted my life to TT and Riot ruined it **** this, if new TT comes out I quit leage. I speak for all true TT lovers and NO ONE wants Dominion in TT. ****ing same thing. Ive played 1000 games on my main account and idgaf that TT isnt perfect but new TT SO BAD. Riot ****ing dumb.
The OP asks for supporting statement of why people compare it to dominion, and you give the no brained response everyone says with no supporting evidence.

Smooth.

Edit: He doesn't know what he's talking about? He used to have the best 3v3 team IN THE WORLD before it was broken apart. Pretty sure he knows something.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arms of Sorrow View Post
**** you you don't know ****.
new TT sucks and all strategy is gone. Exact same thnig as Dominion. I devoted my life to TT and Riot ruined it **** this, if new TT comes out I quit leage. I speak for all true TT lovers and NO ONE wants Dominion in TT. ****ing same thing. Ive played 1000 games on my main account and idgaf that TT isnt perfect but new TT SO BAD. Riot ****ing dumb.
I'm so silly I never thought about it that way!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lil122j

Senior Member

10-24-2012

I don't see why this is so much of a problem. If you want long boring strategetic run forward, run backwards, stand under turret, yell at support to stop buying gear and get wards, get angry and rage because support didnt put out a ward and you died, etc (Not that these are bad things, but they get old and boring after a while) then go play summoners rift.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taarki View Post
summoners rift has "dragon"
twisted treeline has "ebonawne" thingy different things completely. diff gold, diff buff
TT is going to be very similar to dominion becuase the primary objectives will be to capture the points, so there will be more fights at useless points like the middle than at points like turretts like there should be.
While you capture your point and get your dinky +4 gold per minion, I'll just destroy one of your towers, granting +180 gold to each of my teammates.

With your +4 gold per minion buff, you'll need to snag 45 CS MORE than me in those 90 seconds before the alter becomes capture-able again. So unless you can get 1 cs every two seconds MORE than me, I will have gained more gold.

The 'primary objective' of the map is to destroy the enemy nexus, not to capture the alters. The alters, like Vilemaw, are simply means to an end.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WillWW

Senior Member

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil122j View Post
I don't see why this is so much of a problem. If you want long boring strategetic run forward, run backwards, stand under turret, yell at support to stop buying gear and get wards, get angry and rage because support didnt put out a ward and you died, etc (Not that these are bad things, but they get old and boring after a while) then go play summoners rift.
Reminds me about when I play tt sometimes and will be like 0/3/12 and will be the only person buying wards. Liek wtf.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticksssss View Post
Capture the altars to win/\
This just in, capture both alters and you've won.

They should make it so that by killing Ebonmaw you insta-win too right? Ebonmaw gives more gold than the alters grant via CS, and the buff is usually stronger too (lvl 10+).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LolMia

Member

10-24-2012

TT was intended to be a smaller version of SR just with a slightly different play style (and less players of course). To say "Summoner's Rift has a dragon, yet you don't hear me saying "OMG TWISTED RIFT!"" is an awful example to prove your point, because they are SUPPOSED to be similar.

The new TT is similar to dominion because they added the altars in the middle, which takes away from the original DOTA idea, and adds a different look on the game.

Dominion is about capturing and holding points, in new TT, one of your main objectives (aside from killing the nexus) is to capture and hold the 2 points in order to gain an advantage over the enemy team. Hence why they are now closely related because this new idea takes away from the original scope of old TT.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the new altars will call for new strategies, and what better strategy to use than that of some of the ones used in Dominion, making a comp completely devoted to dominating the jungle, and snowballing the game from altar contesting.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChampStat

Senior Member

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by E1C View Post
While you capture your point and get your dinky +4 gold per minion, I'll just destroy one of your towers, granting +180 gold to each of my teammates.

With your +4 gold per minion buff, you'll need to snag 45 CS MORE than me in those 90 seconds before the alter becomes capture-able again. So unless you can get 1 cs every two seconds MORE than me, I will have gained more gold.

The 'primary objective' of the map is to destroy the enemy nexus, not to capture the alters. The alters, like Vilemaw, are simply means to an end.
One thing that you left out, E1C. When the altars unlock, they remain capped until you try to cap them. If you(hypothetically) ignored the altars altogether, you would only get one shot at an unguarded tower at levels 1-2.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-24-2012

guys don't worry Dominion strategies will not translate into the new treeline well maybe Teemo+Hextech sweeper will but other than that Dominion strategies wont really translate to treeline mainly because most of the current Dominion strategies focus on abusing the Aura and ganking bot but ganking bot is something that happens at every map but Proving grounds it's mostly abusing the Aura though.


123