OMg SAmE ThINg AS DOMInoN!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

Is all I'm hearing. But no one ever gives a good argument for why?

Explain to me what strategies work in Dominion that work in the new Twisted Treeline? All ye who incessantly complain that is it similar to / the same thing as Dominion.

Just because it has an alter doesn't make it Dominion. Summoner's Rift has a dragon, yet you don't hear me saying "OMG TWISTED RIFT!"

IS17d8c44946497fedd3169

10-24-2012

**** you you don't know ****.
new TT sucks and all strategy is gone. Exact same thnig as Dominion. I devoted my life to TT and Riot ruined it **** this, if new TT comes out I quit leage. I speak for all true TT lovers and NO ONE wants Dominion in TT. ****ing same thing. Ive played 1000 games on my main account and idgaf that TT isnt perfect but new TT SO BAD. Riot ****ing dumb.

Taarki

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by E1C View Post
Is all I'm hearing. But no one ever gives a good argument for why?

Explain to me what strategies work in Dominion that work in the new Twisted Treeline? All ye who incessantly complain that is it similar to / the same thing as Dominion.

Just because it has an alter doesn't make it Dominion. Summoner's Rift has a dragon, yet you don't hear me saying "OMG TWISTED RIFT!"
summoners rift has "dragon"
twisted treeline has "ebonawne" thingy different things completely. diff gold, diff buff
TT is going to be very similar to dominion becuase the primary objectives will be to capture the points, so there will be more fights at useless points like the middle than at points like turretts like there should be.

Redenbacher

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arms of Sorrow View Post
new TT sucks and all strategy is gone. Exact same thnig as Dominion. I devoted my life to TT and Riot ruined it **** this, if new TT comes out I quit leage.
I want to hope this is sarcasm, but I know that's not true. There are so many problems with this statement, I don't even know where to begin.

I don't agree with the Altars at this time, having not had the opportunity to play the new map, but the primary objective - the winning objective - is still to destroy the nexus. Unlike Dominion, where the primary objective is to capture and defend points. That is a strategy to getting you to the enemy nexus in the new TT (capturing and defending altars), but it is not the objective and you will lose if that's all you focus on.

The strategy has changed, but it is not gone. That's an incredibly narrow-minded outlook. As long as there are teams, and objectives, there will always be a strategy to achieve the winning condition - destroying the enemy nexus.

Finally, you devoted your life... to TT? Devoted your life? Are you playing professionally and making a salary off of TT? Have you forsaken an education in hopes that your TT career will pay off for you? Have you given up relationships with family and friends so that you can perfect your TT skills? If you answered 'Yes' to any of those questions, I worry for your future. I'd venture to make the suggestion that if any of the aforementioned questions are true for you, quitting League is a consideration you should take seriously regardless of TT's future.

WillWW

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taarki View Post
summoners rift has "dragon"
twisted treeline has "ebonawne" thingy different things completely. diff gold, diff buff
TT is going to be very similar to dominion becuase the primary objectives will be to capture the points, so there will be more fights at useless points like the middle than at points like turretts like there should be.
I doubt it's going to be the primary objective. My plan is to just cs while the go get their little 4gold buff every 90 seconds. The time away adds up. I've never heard someone say "oh ****, they have a tf and are gonna make more money than us!"

Clockworksummonr

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillWW View Post
I doubt it's going to be the primary objective. My plan is to just cs while the go get their little 4gold buff every 90 seconds. The time away adds up. I've never heard someone say "oh ****, they have a tf and are gonna make more money than us!"
well that +4g altar caps in about a minute and its less time than the 8 seconds of recalling and walking back to lane, which is a problem. Also, you may say 'oh I will sit there and CS while they get the 4g buff every 90 seconds, but that 90s is just locked time where it can't be captured not when you have to retake it. cap it once you have it forever. And if you don't take yours, and they take it they get +10% AP and +10% AD. So yea, take like about 9ish seconds (that is serious the capture time) is worth losing a mini creep wave. and on top of that you just pushed the lane back a bit making it easier for the jungler to gank you.

The altars cap too quickly and that is the main problem.

Al Shabab

10-24-2012

the altars give too big of boost to the WHOLE team so the WHOLE TEAM has to focus on them... risk your altar being stolen by enemy and it is gg for them as snowballing to too easy on this map, besides... if it is a crazy unexplored treeline that is twisted wtf does an open crowded space with 3 monster camps living around an altar -.-

that is stupid and for the most ppl DOES NOT FEEL either creative or interesting... and since whole team focusing on abstract point capture is the thing of dominion why not draw the comparison.

it is not LIKE dominion but it does smell like it

This is Aru

10-24-2012

The altars aren't going anywhere.

They've already spent too much time and money on audio an visual support work for them.

I wouldn't bet on seeing any additional jungle up top either.

Any comments that don't focus on making better what is already there... are probably a waste of time.

WillWW

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockworksummonr View Post
well that +4g altar caps in about a minute and its less time than the 8 seconds of recalling and walking back to lane, which is a problem. Also, you may say 'oh I will sit there and CS while they get the 4g buff every 90 seconds, but that 90s is just locked time where it can't be captured not when you have to retake it. cap it once you have it forever. And if you don't take yours, and they take it they get +10% AP and +10% AD. So yea, take like about 9ish seconds (that is serious the capture time) is worth losing a mini creep wave. and on top of that you just pushed the lane back a bit making it easier for the jungler to gank you.

The altars cap too quickly and that is the main problem.
The buff is based on kills, so if I do happen to push that wave to the turret, thats less of a chance to last hit. And it gives me the chance to help my jungler gank the enemy jungler. If I happen to be the jungler, of course I'm not just going to let the other team own the altars the whole game. But, to reiterate, my post was just referring to the fact that everyone thinks theyre going to be the main objective of the game, which they probably will be more the objective of the jungler.

fiddlesticksssss

10-24-2012

Capture the altars to win/\