Riot stated that they wanted to keep the early teamfight orientation of TT:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prismatic

10-23-2012

They stated, (loosely, mind you) that the Altars are to serve as the new reason to go teamfight early. My concern, however, is that now that there is no other central jungle buff aside from Vilemaw, that the altars, once captured, give you a gold bonus per minion kill. The problem in this situation is that rather than fighting for altar control, players are rewarded far moreso early and midgame by NOT entering the jungle to take altars, and rather farming their lanes. IMO, this causes stagnant gameplay where old TT would have teams fighting tooth and nail for Red buff.

My suggestion: In order to fix this, change the terrain of the speed beacon in the center of the map to be slightly more open, and give TT a new, smaller epic jungle minion, similar to the red buff. Feel free to elaborate in the comments, but I will leave my idea of a new jungle minion in the post.

New jungle mini-epic: Demon Minion. Similar to function as the white wraith on old TT, except it's a combination of red buff and white buff. Killer gets white buff, which grants a burning slow passive, (Ala red buff) but the killer ALSO gets bonus movement speed. rest of the team gets a smaller bonus movespeed only.

Teamfights should be a product of the jungle and altars, instead of having the altar and jungle a product of teamfights.

Thoughts?>

EDIT: The purpose of this thread isn't that we should have a mini epic jungle creep, the purpose of this thread is to state that teamfights throughout the game in old TT existed mostly because, aside from the small map and easy pathing, there was an objective to fight over and risk teamfights over (the red buff). With the new speed beacon, it's just not as rewarding to attempt teamfights for altars, when you can capture just one altar, and profit moreso simply from minion farming. In the old TT, red buff offered large reason to risk a teamfight, but now, as there is simply just a speed booster in mid, players are more rewarded for NOT risking teamfights, and laning longer.

fiddlesticksssss

10-23-2012

Demon minion is way to powerful on paper. Honestly fighting for altars early is dumb. Even if you ace everyone, due to low respawn timer, you will still revive in time to get your own altar. I think they are better off replacing the altars for a top jungle. In top jungle is good ol white and green buff, however with the removal of altars you could have wards back too. That is my opinion and even though it sounds better than what is already there, it won't change thanks to Riot Vesh and Sam.

Prismatic

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticksssss View Post
Demon minion is way to powerful on paper. Honestly fighting for altars early is dumb. Even if you ace everyone, due to low respawn timer, you will still revive in time to get your own altar. I think they are better off replacing the altars for a top jungle. In top jungle is good ol white and green buff, however with the removal of altars you could have wards back too. That is my opinion and even though it sounds better than what is already there, it won't change thanks to Riot Vesh and Sam.
I think you miss-understood what the point of the thread was. The point is not that we need a new jungle monster, the point is that we need something to risk teamfighting over; ATM, if you kill an enemy champion, you go and capture an altar and then proceed to jungle. In old TT, however, you tried to take red buff / jungle, and a teamfight resulted out of it. The old system (IMO) was prefferable because your actions OUTSIDE of the lane caused teamfights, not the other way around.

Tanathalis

10-24-2012

I think what will happen is one player will attempt to get the buffs for his/her team, if the other team notices they will proby go and try to get a kill whick lets the lane partner of the one person get relatively safer and easier farm