Suggestions for improving solo ranked play

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A WILD JUNGLE

12-22-2012

I fully agree.

eastcoastblaze

01-06-2013

bump

The 1011

01-07-2013

Here is an Idea I have been trying to throw around why not create a different game type for solo ranked queue. Basically I think its setup to work for an organized ranked team, lets face it you put 5 random people together and expect them to be organized and work together?

I have a problem with #7

I understand the where the idea of picking roles is coming from but then you are defining how champions are played and need to be played and I almost Guarantee riot wont do that because then your telling everyone how to play and not play and that ruins creativity.

So instead of that I have been trying to undertake the idea of changing how teams are made in solo ranked queue.

First we would need to create a profile for everyone for this game type I am calling Captains.
In this profile you would have 1-2 main's with 4-5 champions and up to 3-4 secondaries or 1 secondaries of 1-2 champions and 2 preferences not to play or other combinations.
For example I like to main middle as Lux, Nidalee, and Karthus, Katarina and I like to top as nidalee and Wu Kong, and Support as Soraka, and Zilean. I am not really strong at jungling and Adc/apc bot I have to option to perfer not to. also the odd positions not commonly used like solo bot and double jungle can be used.

Now bans would semi be the same other then it would be limited to the Captains and non-captains profiles.
Also another note a virtual League of legends coin will be flipped after bans for the choice of first pick or pick of what side they want.
Now after that captains get to create their team composition, from the 8 non-captains.
This will fix the problem where people fight over positions at the champion selection, however this will not stop troll teams, on the other hand I rather troll as a team and play a champ I like to play as.
Basically its like the way you choice teams in capture the flag or any backyard game.
Maybe also have a certain game requirement to be a captain. (X amount of ranked games)
Also as captain there would be more weight on them for Elo, actually you probably would want a different Elo for captains and non-captains. Another idea is a Champion ranking based off kills, assists, deaths and wins/losses.
also on another note for other ideas that have been thrown out from a link a guy named pogopogopogopogo put down on some threads i have been looking at.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2744432
surprised? we could write a book on changing ranked solo queue.

Gray the Grayte

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 1011 View Post
I have a problem with #7

I understand the where the idea of picking roles is coming from but then you are defining how champions are played and need to be played and I almost Guarantee riot wont do that because then your telling everyone how to play and not play and that ruins creativity.
Please read this quote from my suggestion. It may help clarify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray the Grate
Note: there will be no restrictions at all on what specific heroes or hero types (ranged adc, ap carry, tank, bruiser, assassin etc) can be used in any given lane position as this varies considerably and there is no "right answer". My suggestion is solely focused on resolving lane position arguments, not trying to compose a balanced team.
All I am ensuring is that each team in solo queue starts off with someone being given a lane position by the matchmaker based on player preferences rather than having a bunch of strangers fight it out every single time hero selection starts which is what happens right now.

If you want to do something weird, like Karthus jungle for example, my suggestion will not stop that as my suggestion does not enforce what type of hero has to go where. If you get given a lane position by the matchmaker you can pick whatever hero you like. Your team might get upset at you but the matchmaker will definitely not care.

Lava4417

01-21-2013

Great idea this would help out ranked so much. i get shoved into roles that i cant do cause i cant switch with somone. also the ban rules would make things so much better and make it so somone who wants to get competitive (I.E. me) can play games with less loss if someone leaves (literlally every game)
RIOT PLZ CHANGE RULES TO THIS

Piercegage

01-22-2013

I really really really agree with picking your roll before queue. I would rather wait 5 mins for a game then spend 20-60 mins in a game with a troll. Also to add to the list of things. I would like a option to not be on teams with duo queues. I can't stand being in a game where the duo queuers gang up on someone for doing something wrong and dominate the chat.

Alabugin

01-23-2013

I totally agree with you on ward slots - omg.

Shadowmender

01-23-2013

I agree. It's season three, why have they not been working on this?

BasedExplorer

01-23-2013

Honestly this is very true, and I totally agree. Awesome Idea!

killbot9000

01-23-2013

I have a suggestion that relates to # 7. Link added so you can review my screenshot of suggested changes. #9 I don't agree with. Late game you have so much extra cash once all slots are full that you could buy almost infinite wards. You could then spread out and ward the entire map. 5 people * 3 wards max in slot = 15 wards on the map with no concequences. But to go along with the suggestion in #7, the support selected champ could have a ward slot. This would allow the support to get 6 items late game. For free at the start of the match, each support champ could even get the ward slot filled with the blue rechargable ward (max 2/holds 3). It would be a permanent item for the support role and can be upgraded, like the boots, to the red rechargable ward (3 max, holds 5).

Note: Bot in the picture = Top. I just didn't bother to fix it (because you get the idea)

https://picasaweb.google.com/1102109...70074483813666