Suggestions for improving solo ranked play

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FFedEX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

i m totally agree with you, today i make a post but i dont got your imagination to think such changes, hope riot listen to you, i m sending this to all the people i can

The Gingerbread Man

12-09-2012

1) maybe
2) yeah
3) too complicated
4) no point
5) no point
6) yesss
7) maybe
8) that's what elo and the lvl 30 requirement are.
9) that's the point. they take up room.

ZedMainNA

Recruiter

12-10-2012

Agreed! please read this Red's!!!
Great Thread

Gray the Grayte

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gingerbread Man View Post
1) maybe
2) yeah
3) too complicated
4) no point
5) no point
6) yesss
7) maybe
8) that's what elo and the lvl 30 requirement are.
9) that's the point. they take up room.
3) It's one click by you on their portrait to request the swap and one click by them to say YES to the dialog. What could possibly be simpler than that?
4-5) It may sound subtle but any way Riot can give more serious treatment to ranked games will make it more competitive and less of a troll lottery. The tribunal and honor system are pretty much the only carrot and stick Riot have so they need to be in alignment with what they are trying to achieve for ranked vs blind pick rather than all games being treated the same.
8) You can get to level 30 after 100 blind pick games without having a single non ranked draft pick game, zero runes and be thrown right into a team with people that have played hundreds of ranked games each. There needs to be a better transition path. The ideas I listed were merely various variants of the same concept - trying to make it more of a level playing field. This means less of a teammate lottery for the experienced players and less of a rude introduction for new players.
9) What the current ward system means is that one guy on the team inevitably becomes the designated ward mule and since you can't drop items or pool gold that also means they have to fund the wards too. How is that good for teamwork? It is merely reinforces the current meta. Having a ward only slot means that everyone can share the load all game and the support guy might actually get to complete 6 items and have greater impact on the game.

Selcopa

12-12-2012

Without wards taking a slot one person would still become a ward *****, the addition of this upgradable sightstone is about the best deal you will get with this. And has been a part of an overall restructuring of the support role (which I enjoy)

Gray the Grayte

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selcopa View Post
Without wards taking a slot one person would still become a ward *****, the addition of this upgradable sightstone is about the best deal you will get with this. And has been a part of an overall restructuring of the support role (which I enjoy)
Agree that the bulk of warding would still be by the support in the early to mid game whilst the other roles are trying desperately to farm up some items

I also don't have a problem with Riot creating the new Sightstone item. It is a good item for supports.

However those are not the issues I am trying to solve for.

All I am trying to address here is the inability of the whole team to participate in late game warding due to having all their item slots filled and the handicapping of one guy in the team being forced to leave a slot free all game (or fill it with an item that gives practically no bonuses apart from the free wards)

I like the idea of everyone being able to carry wards regardless of how farmed they are in items to encourage and reward good teamwork, and everyone being able to get full builds to ensure they are all able to impact on team fights.

Crs Zyanide

12-17-2012

Bump untill red comments.

Aruethor

12-17-2012

bump the role search thing is a good idea.

fr33f4ll

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pøtatoes View Post
This is complicated for no reason.

Instead of swapping hero at the end of selection, why not allow players to switch places during selection. That way, everyone picks their own heroes and nobody ends up with a bad surprise.

Player 5 wants to play Morganna since she isn't banned, but is afraid someone else will pick her first. Player 5 asks to switch with someone else. Player 2 accepts. Player 2 becomes player 5 and vice versa. New player 2 picks Morganna. Player 5 knows which hero he owns and will pick himself.
I would love to see ques with lanes preferences.

Shardbearer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2012

I like this.