Suggestions for improving solo ranked play

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gray the Grayte

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVy View Post
+1 to OP. I suggest adding a level reduction to ban alternative for ranked. Instead of banning them for days, lower their level to 20. Ranked should be a privilege.
Lowering them to level 20 is an interesting thought but it seems like it is really is a proxy for my suggestion which is to ban them from ranked play but still allow them to play blind pick. Interested to know if you agree.

What I proposed is to have short bans from general play (i.e. the current system) and longer bans from ranked applied simultaneously. This allows someone back into general play relatively soon to prove themselves but means they cannot play ranked again until a much longer period has elapsed. Everytime they try to queue for ranked they will be given the message that you are currently banned from ranked play which will reinforce the privilege of playing ranked. I think this would have the same effect as your suggestion but without the level loss.

I would use this same principle to deal with leavers and afks. Go afk for more than 10 consecutive mins or leave a ranked game and they will get an automatic (i.e. no tribunal case required) one day ban that applies to ranked only. This will once again reinforce the idea of ranked being a privilege. It is not overly harsh as they can still play blind pick so a freak disconnection once in a while will not be the end of the world for someone.

Underlucked

04-01-2013

6) Allow reporting in hero select and show hero selection chat log in tribunal cases

Baxter the Teddy

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark x Enigma View Post
6) Allow reporting in hero select and show hero selection chat log in tribunal cases
This is being worked on. Lol uses another program for their client, they want their OWN client, so this will come when that does.

Gray the Grayte

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter the Teddy View Post
This is being worked on. Lol uses another program for their client, they want their OWN client, so this will come when that does.
Thanks for your comments.

You raise an excellent point regarding the fact that they have separate clients for PVP.net vs the game itself.

However the reporting functionality is already present in PVP.net as you can currently report the post game screen. All they need to do is make it available in the hero selection pre-game which is in the same client. The only totally new functionality they have to add is the ability to track hero select activity and chat log to include it in the tribunal cases. Currently only the game client chat logs are included.

Just wondering do you have a source for your comment that the issue "is being worked on"?

Baxter the Teddy

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray the Grayte View Post
Thanks for your comments.

You raise an excellent point regarding the fact that they have separate clients for PVP.net vs the game itself.

However the reporting functionality is already present in PVP.net as you can currently report the post game screen. All they need to do is make it available in the hero selection pre-game which is in the same client. The only totally new functionality they have to add is the ability to track hero select activity and chat log to include it in the tribunal cases. Currently only the game client chat logs are included.

Just wondering do you have a source for your comment that the issue "is being worked on"?
Specifcally no, but A) They have to get their own client with how big they are and B) I do remember reading an article (don't remember specifcally) about Riot working on their own client because right now there client is using free software or some such.

BartS1mps0n

Recruiter

04-04-2013

I Like this,especially #1 where theres a whole lot of leavers/afkers in bronze/silver.

TheBibleIsALie

04-06-2013

I'm bumping this due to the fact that I want to see a fix to the fights over lane positions. This would fix a lot of the trolling issues if prior to the game going to champ selection, teams were already assembled based on players' lane choices.

Gray the Grayte

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter the Teddy View Post
Specifcally no, but A) They have to get their own client with how big they are and B) I do remember reading an article (don't remember specifcally) about Riot working on their own client because right now there client is using free software or some such.
I believe they use Adobe Air for PVP.net but they have their own client for the game itself.

Since the PvP.NET client doesn't have to be highly optimised for speed and has to handle annoying housekeeping tasks such as automatic distribution of updates, purchases etc that is probably why they have not yet rewritten it. A lot of effort required for a minor uplift in functionality and stability.

TheBibleIsALie

04-09-2013

Has riot ever addressed the idea of selecting your lane position before entering queue? To me it seems that it would cut a lot of the trolling by allowing people to play where they feel the strongest. Albeit, there would be a drought in the support department more then likely, but I'm sure there could be a system setup.

Baxter the Teddy

04-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBibleIsALie View Post
Has riot ever addressed the idea of selecting your lane position before entering queue? To me it seems that it would cut a lot of the trolling by allowing people to play where they feel the strongest. Albeit, there would be a drought in the support department more then likely, but I'm sure there could be a system setup.
Yes, ye sthey have. And they won't. Because it supports a specific meta and set roles which Riot WILL NOT do.