Would a Group Finder be a good idea?

Yes 143 91.08%
No 14 8.92%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Group Finder

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CharlieTemplar

01-25-2013

I totally agree with this. Every time I want to play, im afraid of doing so because of trolls picking whatever they want.

SomaQL

01-26-2013

Another problem this would solve is the amount of people (who honestly don't deserve to be there) being stuck with a low elo that isn't their true skill level. I've managed to work myself out of ELO hell and am just now starting to appreciate the benefits of it. I would really enjoy seeing this system implemented, so that people would actually be rated on their true skill, rather than their luck alone.

Shadowmender

01-27-2013

again, bump

TaiigerBlue

Recruiter

01-30-2013

Bump

SilverGalford

01-31-2013

i agree with this

ATH1337

01-31-2013

Trolls will be trolls and can still select all 5 positions to get in game quicker. Once the game starts they will still go to the unassigned position of their liking.

TaiigerBlue

Recruiter

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATH1337 View Post
Trolls will be trolls and can still select all 5 positions to get in game quicker. Once the game starts they will still go to the unassigned position of their liking.
Hi ATH1337,

Looking at other games that use a similar system, history dictates that this is not the case for the majority of players. The common player would realize he'd be intentionally compromising his team and his own chances of success by doing that, hardly a worthwhile sacrifice just to reduce the queue time a little bit, hence he will not do it.

If you are however talking about true "trolls" that don't care other than to intentionally grief their team, those will exist regardless, although they are a very small minority. The best thing to do is ignore them and report them after the game. Not being able to fix all problems however, does not mean we should ignore the ones we can fix, and this system would undoubtedly fix many problems.

This point has been brought up and answered before. There is more info on that in the opening post, please take a look if you haven't yet.

FreelancerXanK

01-31-2013

There will still be the problem of character picks, I see you have your lanes and whatnot however in a situation of draft/ranked, if your last person calls middle and goes... Mid Nocturne (Something I like to do often), it can completely throw off your group comp because you were expecting the person to pick an AP... So in short... Trolls can still troll.

TaiigerBlue

Recruiter

02-03-2013

Bump.

Darkcharger

02-04-2013

They need to hurry up and implement this. Solo queue is so annoying and flawed without this.