Would a Group Finder be a good idea?

Yes 139 90.85%
No 14 9.15%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Group Finder

123456 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frost Unit

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiidann View Post
Here's one reason why we should have a queue system like this.
Happens to me every other game.

Taiidan

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSnipe View Post
Happens to me every other game.
Please vote and tell your friends!

AggrosRaizek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

I agree completely with this idea. The biggest problem of LoL right now in my opinion ( limited to my 1100-1350 elo experience which I cannot get out of no matter how hard I try) is that most games are lost in the character select screen. Trying to find what role to play, a lot of players answer with a variation of ROLE or FEED.

So then I am stuck with a few option, concede my role(if possible), endure the troll during the game and most likely lose or just leave during draft and wait 30 mins to play a game.

These situation seem like a lost no matter the outcome, so, by having such a system, match making could assure that 5 people wanting to play different roles can play together without conflict.

Cocona Vatel

12-05-2012

LF2M Tank and Heals
/thread

Taiidan

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megurine Lukka View Post
LF2M Tank and Heals
/thread
Hi Megurine Lukka,

If we take WoW as an example it would be more like a Dungeon Finder than a LFM type thing.

The dungeon finder made doing 5 mans a heck of a lot more convenient that's for sure...and I don't think a few lesser elements should negate all the good that came from the implementation of a system like that.

But regardless I think this should be viewed from a League of Legends stand point and not WoW as the context of what's involved is different. The only real argument I've heard that applies is that queue times might be longer, but yet again, since this is not WoW, this is League of Legends, it won't be nearly as long. The disparity between role selection is nowhere near as large considering there are a tremendous amount more players and you're not limited by a single character so more will be able to select multiple roles.

But at the end of the day, will the queue times be longer? Yes, a little bit. But let me ask you this: Is that small increase not worth it if it get's rid of many trolls, stubbornness, arguments, stress, dejection, division between teammates, dodges?

PrisonerOne

12-06-2012

I don't want to be locked to a certain meta by having to choose a specific role.

Riot also does not want this.

Taiidan

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrisonerOne View Post
I don't want to be locked to a certain meta by having to choose a specific role.
Please read first post... :/

Quote:
Metagame: For those of you worried about this discouraging players from trying new things that stray from the current meta I will explain the following points.

First off, it's not necessarily a bad thing to guide newer, less experienced players towards the current meta. Their main focus should be getting the game's mechanics and team synergy down as they don't have the tools or knowledge necessary to form an effective strategy that strays from the current meta yet.

Second, for more experienced players this system would not actually have any tie downs. Which means you can still select any champion you want once you reach the champion select screen. All it does is make aware which roles each person would rather play and allow the queue system to form groups that cover all regular roles so there are no conflicts between teammates. But it is by no means set in stone if you, hopefully with the approval of your team, decide to try a different team composition strategy.

AggrosRaizek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrisonerOne View Post

Riot also does not want this.
You know, the idea is that you can select all 5 roles if you wish to play any role.. but thru matchmaking you could avoid having a team composed of 5 people who only wish to play 1 role. Get it?

And what does that even mean that riot doesn't want this? Doesn't Riot ever try to upgrade the LoL experience?

White Flash

12-06-2012

You should only be able to pick one role. Then if you want to trade once your in you can discuss with your team players. Or you could even LOL could have a poll saying what players go where and then use that to base the players that can be used in each postion. That way instead of deciding adc or mid you would just have certian champions who can be adc or mid. Just a example btw.

Taiidan

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0fastt0pure View Post
You should only be able to pick one role. Then if you want to trade once your in you can discuss with your team players. Or you could even LOL could have a poll saying what players go where and then use that to base the players that can be used in each postion. That way instead of deciding adc or mid you would just have certian champions who can be adc or mid. Just a example btw.
I understand your opinion, but the idea here is not to discourage creativity or different strategies, only to provide a team with a group that can potentially and willingly cover all 5 standard roles, as well as allow a player the satisfaction of playing the role they prefer without stepping on anyone elses toes or getting into arguments over it.

123456 ... 11