Would VOIP be a good idea?

Yes. 84 75.00%
No. 28 25.00%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Voip

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TaiigerBlue

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0oyeah View Post
I feel this is a VERY bad idea. If you think people can be creepy in chat...imagine them in a voice call. Just HELL NO! I used to play L4D2, and if you didn't have a microphone or didn't want to use the voice chat, basically your team would just f*** you over -- it really sucked, so basically if you include a voice system in a game like this, folks will expect you to use it and they will be miserable a*-holes if you don't.

If you find someone you like to play with, add them on skype...but there is no way you wanna be on a voice call with some of the creeps you will meet on league. As there is usually one in every game, that will just ruin your day and make you have nightmares because they are sick f****! Oh that and do you really want some a*-hole screaming you f****** noob at you?

I'm sorry but there are too many toxic players on league for this to work. I could see this working on some games that don't have the uber toxic community.

Edit: Oh and muting?? no first of all if you have to mute them then the damage is already done, secondly if you start muting folks in a call it becomes very hard to parse the conversations, and vola crappy environment! Yes I am ready to rage at folks who support this idea lol xD
Hi b0oyeah,

I will be blunt. The ability to mute/ignore makes the whole first part of your post lack relevance.

As for the "Edit" part, you're not basing yourself on hard evidence. VoIP has been very successful in many games and it is only abused by a minority. Completely ignoring the benefits a tool like this can bring to overall communication and coordination just for the sake of a few bad apples that can easily be dealt with, with the aforementioned function, is hardly justifiable with the lackluster reasons you've given.

"The damage is done": No offense but this isn't a legitimate reason to keep a good tool away. Someone's annoying over VoIP, mute them. Although it might feel like it, no permanent brain damage is done from hearing a few seconds of annoying sounds before you mute them. You will survive, I promise!
"Crappy environment": I don't think not having the feature that facilitates the conversation in the first place will help you better "parse the conversation". Chat is not necessarily a better alternative either and we've all been a witness to this (even you).

At the end of the day, the pros and cons must be weighed when adding a new feature, and you can't just dismiss it because of a few negatives that you choose to focus on, especially when in the broad perspective it would bring many more positives through superior communication and coordination, faster reaction time and better team synergy.

Kimimaro49

02-19-2013

There are a few issues that are exisiting with Voip:

-Even if you can turn it off, you will be blamed for turning it off and not hearing instructions or calls from your team.

-Non- english speaker

-Harder to understand, because of bad micros or accents, which causes a fall in the teams overall teamplay

-Having someone rage at you over Voip is much more intimdating and causes less concentration on the game.

-Bullying because of Name/Accent again makes you lose your concentration,

-Getting blamed for not using Voip and that writing makes you slower

The only positiv point is faster communication and i believe the new pings are enough for this.

Kythadrin

02-20-2013

This feature has been in CounterStrike for a long time. Yes sometimes you get trolls on the mic but most of the time the only people that talk on the mic actually want to help the team out. You can always put a mute option in the TAB display.

DreaMSs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

Adding VOIP would allow users to gain each others IP's which would allow host booting.

awkwardbowman

02-26-2013

I would love this option, so long as it's an option...

TaiigerBlue

03-14-2013

Bump

TaiigerBlue

03-23-2013

Please!

Tsaritsa Tash

Recruiter

03-24-2013

I think that there ARE negatives, but they are outweighed by the positives, if you don't have a mic or mute the voice chats so be it you probably won't hear instructions but you wouldn't anyway was very few people actually type, i mean even for a fast typer you waste time that can end up resulting in death and pings are only as effective as the ping-er specially if you get people using the wrong ping or accidentally pinging. its also difficult to say "help me ASAP" when you are in the middle of a fight even with the fast pings specially if you are still learnign the game and havn't got the hang of the pings yet
It would also be really helpful for learnign the game as more experienced people can help newbies to understand the game better and give tips without having to try type it.

Most of the arguments against adding a voice chat can also be applied to having text chat.

TL;DR Voice chat would be a great & much needed addition

TaiigerBlue

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaritsa Tash View Post
I think that there ARE negatives, but they are outweighed by the positives, if you don't have a mic or mute the voice chats so be it you probably won't hear instructions but you wouldn't anyway was very few people actually type, i mean even for a fast typer you waste time that can end up resulting in death and pings are only as effective as the ping-er specially if you get people using the wrong ping or accidentally pinging. its also difficult to say "help me ASAP" when you are in the middle of a fight even with the fast pings specially if you are still learnign the game and havn't got the hang of the pings yet
It would also be really helpful for learnign the game as more experienced people can help newbies to understand the game better and give tips without having to try type it.

Most of the arguments against adding a voice chat can also be applied to having text chat.

TL;DR Voice chat would be a great & much needed addition
Well said.

Not many people seem to be able to look at the big picture like you just have, they simply focus on one point and make their decision from there. But the fact is, there are a tremendous amount of positives that come out of this and the negatives can be minimized or fixed.

Soedan

03-26-2013

When I first heard of VOIP I thought it interesting. I've had a similar idea but instead you basically hit enter use your voice to say like for example "Brand mia be careful." it puts that there without any typing involved then you hit enter and thats what you say as if you typed that whole dialogue with your keyboard (except you didn't.)

Imagine how much time that even this could save when you are typing a really long yet needed sentence to convey advice to a new player learning the game or even helping someone improve their gameplay by pointing out how they can avoid mistakes they make so it happens much less often.

EDIT: Another plus to this is that you won't have to endure any players who like to scream very loudly alot. Seriously that just hurts your ears!

1234567 ... 8