Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Would VOIP be a good idea?

Yes. 85 75.22%
No. 28 24.78%
Voters 113 .

Voip

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TaiigerBlue

10-29-2012

Quote:
TheBziur:
Hear them kids talk every time you play? - NO!! Just No
Hear them teammates shout at you every time something goes wrong? - It's already stressful enough as it is.
Hear them russians, germans, french and other nations speak their lang. in in-game Voip? - Oh God WHY? (you may not have such a prob. on NA, but in EU it goes on non-stop in the chat already...)

Quote:
Evidently there are downsides to such a tool, like any other, if people abuse it. Such as trolls or offensive people. But an ignore/mute function can quickly fix these situational problems, the same as is currently used for chat. And considering this, I believe the positives this tool would bring far outweigh the negatives.

Don't shoot down a good tool because of a few bad apples. That's a problem that should be fixed by other means specific to it and Riot are taking measures to improve the community. Good features shouldn't be held back by such things.

TheBziur

10-29-2012

Only if there is an option to dissable Voip completely

TaiigerBlue

12-19-2012

Let's bump this and see what more people think.

TaiigerBlue

02-08-2013

Bump

Jake LH

Recruiter

02-09-2013

It would be a good idea if the community wasn't so toxic, its bad enough I have to listen to players rage in chat, but to hear their squeaky voices raging at you, too much. If the LoL Community was a better place then it would be a good suggestion, Just Imagine a BronezeIII match with VOIP.

TaiigerBlue

02-11-2013

Quote:
Jake LH:
It would be a good idea if the community wasn't so toxic, its bad enough I have to listen to players rage in chat, but to hear their squeaky voices raging at you, too much. If the LoL Community was a better place then it would be a good suggestion, Just Imagine a BronezeIII match with VOIP.

Hi Jake LH,

You don't "have" to listen to them if they're being toxic, that's the point. There would be an ignore/mute function just like chat.

It would be unfortunate to keep such a great feature away from the good players, simply because some toxic ones would misuse it, especially when all it takes is the click of a button and you don't have to listen to them anymore. There is no denying the improvement this would bring to team communication.

MistaFappy

02-11-2013

as i'm watching the pantheon engage because lux landed a snare on two people @ baren "don't engage don't just poke them down baren isn't low enough don't engage 4v5 if optional voip was available then 90% sure I wouldn't have lost my last game" we all make mistakes pls ffs riot add voip already dota 2 has it and that game isn't fun

Vrouge

02-11-2013

Quote:
XAuTomaT1CX:
as i'm watching the pantheon engage because lux landed a snare on two people @ baren "don't engage don't just poke them down baren isn't low enough don't engage 4v5 if optional voip was available then 90% sure I wouldn't have lost my last game" we all make mistakes pls ffs riot add voip already dota 2 has it and that game isn't fun

Dota 2 > LoL.

TaiigerBlue

02-13-2013

Bump

We Are As One

02-15-2013

I feel this is a VERY bad idea. If you think people can be creepy in chat...imagine them in a voice call. Just HELL NO! I used to play L4D2, and if you didn't have a microphone or didn't want to use the voice chat, basically your team would just f*** you over -- it really sucked, so basically if you include a voice system in a game like this, folks will expect you to use it and they will be miserable a*-holes if you don't.

If you find someone you like to play with, add them on skype...but there is no way you wanna be on a voice call with some of the creeps you will meet on league. As there is usually one in every game, that will just ruin your day and make you have nightmares because they are sick f****! Oh that and do you really want some a*-hole screaming you f****** noob at you?

I'm sorry but there are too many toxic players on league for this to work. I could see this working on some games that don't have the uber toxic community.

Edit: Oh and muting?? no first of all if you have to mute them then the damage is already done, secondly if you start muting folks in a call it becomes very hard to parse the conversations, and vola crappy environment! Yes I am ready to rage at folks who support this idea lol xD