Would VOIP be a good idea?

Yes. 85 75.22%
No. 28 24.78%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Voip

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TaiigerBlue

10-23-2012

Hello,

I'd like to discuss the possibility of adding a built-in VoIP to the game. Obviously you can go on Ventrilo (or similar) with someone you know, but this is mainly for people you're teamed up with in solo queues.

The advantages of having such a tool:

• Faster. Specially for slow typers and would allow quicker reaction to what's going on.
  • More convenient. Wasting time, or worse, getting killed while typing something important is never fun.
  • More noticeable. People tend to miss what's being typed when their attention is elsewhere or in the heat of battle.
  • Free hands. You can focus on doing what you're supposed to be doing instead of having to type.
  • Promotes team play. All of the above would make it easier to communicate and easier to coordinate with your teammates.

Evidently there are downsides to such a tool, like any other, such as trolls or offensive people. But an ignore/mute function can quickly fix these situational problems, the same as is currently used for chat. And considering this, I believe the positives this tool would bring far outweigh the negatives and better communication would improve the overall quality of games.

I truly believe this would be a great addition to the game and I hope many of you will agree. Please feel free to ask a question or leave a comment with your thoughts on the subject.

HolyHand6renade

10-23-2012

Sometimes after playing Dota 2 for a while, League feels primitive as hell because it has no in game voice chat. Despite the fact that the community is comprised of universally terrible people, most people could put aside their immaturity long enough to effectively use voice chat to the benefit of the team. It also adds another layer of privilege that can be taken away as a discipline measure.

Jetsfantasy

10-24-2012

Yes, I've been thinking about this for the last week nonstop while playing. This has been driving me nuts because it's a pain to play and type simultaneously, it's caused stupid deaths from ganks.
Until they figure out something for that, I guess I'll try Vent or Teamspeak or something along those lines.
I really want to get into the next season of the competition, so this is a huge issue if I want to put together a team.
Glad I'm not the only one who sees this.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

Voice chat is much harder to evaluate reports for then text, unfortunately. Would you have the tribunal review 45 minutes of audio, multiple times, for a single case?

People who are toxic are going to be just as toxic, if not moreso, on voicechat then they are in text. We're trying to get rid of them entirely from this community, not give them a place to rage entirely unmoderated.

Qsario

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug View Post
Voice chat is much harder to evaluate reports for then text, unfortunately. Would you have the tribunal review 45 minutes of audio, multiple times, for a single case?

People who are toxic are going to be just as toxic, if not moreso, on voicechat then they are in text. We're trying to get rid of them entirely from this community, not give them a place to rage entirely unmoderated.
Let us mute people and it should be ok. Also, if a whole bunch of random people keep muting/reporting you, well, you probably deserved it. Does it really matter if you technically broke any rules if the system knows that most people simply don't want to talk to you?

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

We already have a mute option for text. It doesn't actually discourage toxic players, not does it do anything to remove them - however, it does hurt team communication, which seems to be the problem you're trying to fix with in game voice chat.

Qsario

10-25-2012

@Sereg That's not a problem technology can solve. We can't fix griefers/trolls with technology, but they can make it easier for normal players to communicate. If anyone could invent a way to prevent people from being jerks in the first place, they'd probably win the Nobel prize.

BamGfAsRpd

10-26-2012

Bump becuase it is a good idea.

Ma Renka

10-28-2012

I don't think we need a VoIP, but a voice system like smites would be amazing.

TheBziur

10-29-2012

Hear them kids talk every time you play? - NO!! Just No
Hear them teammates shout at you every time something goes wrong? - It's already stressful enough as it is.
Hear them russians, germans, french and other nations speak their lang. in in-game Voip? - Oh God WHY? (you may not have such a prob. on NA, but in EU it goes on non-stop in the chat already...)

There is just so many reasons, why we wouldn't want it.
Just give it up

12345 ... 8