Comprehensive view on NEW 3v3 MAP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Al Shabab

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
try to specifically outline what mechanics and changes make you feel that way
Hey, I am a eu north east player who frequents na forum because my forum is mostly ignored by riot

Let me say what do I like about the new map:

1.) big wall preventing backdooring
2.) tougher boss monster (many could take ebonmaw with wriggle at lvl 6)
3.) style, it looks better

What am I not sure what to think of:

1.) that wall between nexus and fountain... it allows blitzcrank to pull ppl in with no escape... it also allows those like ez and shaco to have a 100% perfect disengage/reengage... and it also feels unnatural that anyone building their base around defending a certain point would build a wall to hinder that very defending capability (ofc it increases that for a certain number of champions like blitzcrank, ez, gragas who can get ppl into certain death into fountain etc... the champions who can ignore walls)

2.) the top jungle... it is reduced to only boss monster and what is going on there is to accessible and too easily seen + there is no room for manuever or somewhere to escape... those points are not something that we disliked... besides dragon and baron on SR allow for more manuevering/escapes/unnoticed attacking. I am not sure what this accomplished but as far as I have seen teams generally ignore him until his influence on the game is really really minor and the outcome of who is taking it is already 99% determined (only team that is really ahead will take him from what I have seen).

What I really dislike on the new map:

1.) mid jungle... it just feels too crowded... more like spooky oasis than a TREELINE that is TWISTED. In my opinion those altars do not really fit into the wild and untamed feeling I got from the current TT and existing random jungle which although not reliable is something that added a flavor to it. You could change this by keeping randomness on a flavor-like level while keeping those blue/red/white buff monsters regular.

2.) no aura giving monsters mid jungle... that is what makes the jungle experiance off... jungling is about securing what YOU as a jungler need to get your ganks... this jungle is more about securing a decisive strategic position which you have to hold which invites your whole team into focusing onto altars because they are so important for the whole team. I think you should replace altars with aura monsters.

3.) the way that lanes are... it makes lanes extremly gank succeptible and that does not `make more teamcomps viable` it makes less... because now you MUST either lane only champions with spammable escape abbilites or map control OR have the whole team focus on jungle since lane allows for nothing except turrethugging. Reposition jungle entrance and turret location so that laning is safer... ganking is and should remain an art... this makes laning an inherently hazardous project.

4.) no wards= teemo 1st ban or pick... teemo already has 45% pick rate on dominion and 55% winrate for this reason, in this game utility is what gets you wins and there is no bigger utility than map control + slow + dmg as icing on the cake. but the subject is not teemo, the subject is a nonwise decision to remove wards. You might put a limit on number of wards or make the last less/have shorter range etc... but 100% removal (nobody feels comfortable with those reveal items you have) will only make map control champions OP on this map and make LESS teamcomps viable.

5.) too much snowballing on this map... ok I get it... this map is made for a quicker games... but if all it boils down to is 1 mistake on lvl 1 fb to get an altar and than 1 team is unstoppable snowball machine because of the map design that leaves no room to manuever yourself back (ok it is possible but difficult and even more hard to imagine on high lvl of play because skilled teams do not easily or often lose advantage they got). Turtling should not be possible due position of fountain but is should be possible due to a relative safety of lanes and a steady flow of gold which might even things out. This map lacks those mechanisms and I honestly do not take joy into playing such a HIGH RISK-HIGH REWARD type of quick and dirty gamestyle...

in my opinion, people prefer maps/games that allow for comebacks, high lvl of strategy, room to breathe if you are behind, and mechanics which are not so determinental.

I do not think that a game/map in which you cannot be anything but on the edges of your seat all the time because of the snowball/claustrophobic nature of it is too much fun. Current TT does not have that... teams casually go for fb because it is fun! and even if they get aced they know there is a realistic chance they can come back.

Problem with current TT is that games drag because of closeness of fountain to the nexus turret, just put that turret to the outward side and make wall impassable, another problem is too many small walls but that is also easily fixed.

What this map does is fundamentally change the way 3v3 works and is played without making `more team comps viable` which is your basic premise. Map control/spammable escape champions will be dominant and that is not hard to figure out.

Datsa

10-23-2012

aaaaand thats why the new TT is in Beta. Their going to hopefully figure out all these problems and adjust in some way before the release into the pvp client.

fiddlesticksssss

10-23-2012

Hecarim sure did come from a piece of **** island.

Al Shabab

10-24-2012

I hope they are not too proud to change the layout of the map, where the structures are and WHAT they are... if they are willing to do that than I am optimistic but from my knowledge of corporate culture... their own confidence in their `teams` does not allow for too big of outside influence and since they trust that their team did a good job all community can do is a small influence on the outcome.

we are not a simple client to understand and l2p kids who read `will allow for more viable team comps` and see how nice it LOOKS than asap go say ZOMG RIOT I L0V3 YOU!!1 only make things worse.

casatore

10-24-2012

knowing riot they are not changing much they just want to change something to keep ppl playing and buying rp that is why they made Dominion and are changing this. on the other hand i do like some changes to the map, and hate some as well. the graphic update is just beautiful and the new spider monster is just a beast. on the other had the removal of ward is just going to make the game last longer because both teams are going to tower hug for the hole game, and the job of the jungle is going to be reduce to taking the turret so that other team mate get the kill.
the removal of the buff is just retarded, i have help my team come back using those buff, specially red, now that they are gone is going to make my job much ( as a jungle ) much harder and almost impossible.
the capture point in the jungle make it look like a spin off of Domion. if they want to have this kind of map what about make it a dominion 3v3??? and give tt some changes and graphics update like they did on 5v5 map.
the map is going to be the opposite of what they are trying to acomplish and because of this they may loose some player.
all of this is my personal opinion and i have play sense the game was on beta with multiple other accounts that i have hope that riot makes some changes that the map is balance and enjoyable.

ZeroV0

10-24-2012

Personally I like what they tired to do but I think they missed the point. based off the streamers Ive watched its seems like a giant gank fest, and as a result control the alters. I dont mind fasted paced games but the laning/farming phase is pretty much gone and I think this will severely cut down on viable team comps because now instead of looking for good synergy you are looking for which champs have the best early game potential to secure those early ganks. I also believe that the jungle paths could use some work too like the actually paths between the lanes along with the entrances/exits like stated by the OP

all in all good post and i would have to agree with majority of what was said

Al Shabab

10-24-2012

Thanks for support guys!

I would like it if our opinions reach those responsible for making decisions and they say `ok team you have read some great advice, lets implement those most called for THIS INSTANT˙

but ofc that flexibility and reaction are far from stale corporate culture `we have our team of dedicated professionals bla blaaaah` -.-
and `it went good so far` mentality

Meshly

10-24-2012

Great reasons, honestly on the old TT I found that there was many ways to make a comeback which is why I played it for it had lots of balance like that. (Like farming spawn, grabbing the buffs, ganking the lane that is in trouble with ease, ect.) The new map doesn't have a getaway route like the top jungle making chasing to easy, looks like it is really easy to snowball, and lacks a lot of buffs and stuff like that. That and they focused so much on making ganking easy with stuff like "no wards" and "speed platform" that everyone will play so passive that the game will actually take slower. Unless they run in there blindy and vastly speed up the game by allowing the enemy to team to snowball so quickly.

Al Shabab

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meshly View Post
Great reasons, honestly on the old TT I found that there was many ways to make a comeback which is why I played it for it had lots of balance like that. (Like farming spawn, grabbing the buffs, ganking the lane that is in trouble with ease, ect.) The new map doesn't have a getaway route like the top jungle making chasing to easy, looks like it is really easy to snowball, and lacks a lot of buffs and stuff like that. That and they focused so much on making ganking easy with stuff like "no wards" and "speed platform" that everyone will play so passive that the game will actually take slower. Unless they run in there blindy and vastly speed up the game by allowing the enemy to team to snowball so quickly.
yes those comebacks were one of the main reasons I played it too... because that is what makes a game fun... that you can DO CRAZY STUFF and probably get away with it.

It makes more risky situations a viable decisions... it allows you to go for high-risk high-reward tactics... but now, this is a high-risk high-reward MAP and I see everyone turtling and passive

HmoobMamba24

10-26-2012

champs with a gapcloser and dominating early game will most likely be OP in the new 3v3