@Riot Games Warmogs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AstaorthX

10-23-2012

So....hows that Dominion Equivalent of Warmogs coming along....I remember quite some time ago that you pulled warmogs out of dominion cause it was "OP" and you would "soon" released an equivalent of it.

0shi

10-24-2012

I seem to remember reading a decision that it was not going to happen some time ago

Ha11uc1n0g3n

10-24-2012

New items are definitely on the way. RiotNome was tasked with revamping TT and Dominion. TT revamp is in beta on the PBE and I expect when that rolls out we'll get some word on what Nome and the team decided to do with Dominion.

tl:dr Warmogs for Dominion could be just around the corner.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ha11uc1n0g3n View Post

tl:dr Warmogs for Dominion could be just around the corner.
No ty, as a player i'm really excited for the Item overhaul and the attention they are paying to the other gamemodes but the last thing i want to see is something that makes Wukong, Darius, Pantheon, Jax and a Ton of other guys even more powerful. massive Hp bossts have long since been easily abusable during the story of Online games (when i played ultima online the only thing that i needed to WIn a Duel was morpphing into a toad when i was Low and Man it was enough and Op as hell ), that's why you don't See any gear that gives+maxhp on most the newer games.
or if they give they give it to you as a cappable stats (ie: Endurance gives+4maxhp/lvl per point but Endurance caps at 100).
Hp as it is is an Op stat because it multiplies the effectiveness of the other stats (as redundant as it seems).

Tempestphile

10-24-2012

RIOT has officially forgotten about Dominion

Hamm3rhand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
No ty, as a player i'm really excited for the Item overhaul and the attention they are popaying to the other gamemodes but the last thing i want to see is something that makes Wukong, Darius, Pantheon, Jax and a Ton of other guys even more powerful. massive Hp bossts have long since been easily abusable during the story of Online games (when i played ultima online the only thing that i needed to WIn a Duel was morpphing into a toad when i was Low and Man it was enough and Op as hell ), that's why you don't See any gear that gives+maxhp on most the newer games.
or if they give they give it to you as a cappable stats (ie: Endurance gives+4maxhp/lvl per point but Endurance caps at 100).
Hp as it is is an Op stat because it multiplies the effectiveness of the other stats.
I found it very interesting reading this just observing the random capitalizations.

OP, they would have to nerf warmogs so hard that it would be unusable to let it in dominion, as it is just such a good item for this style of gameplay. Want to see why? go play some ARAM, and just stack warmogs. you will become nigh unkillable, even if you walk into their entire team. its just so easy to get full stacks and the health bonus is so high that it would be a must buy for EVERY champion.

Infirc

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamm3rhand View Post
I found it very interesting reading this just observing the random capitalizations.

OP, they would have to nerf warmogs so hard that it would be unusable to let it in dominion, as it is just such a good item for this style of gameplay. Want to see why? go play some ARAM, and just stack warmogs. you will become nigh unkillable, even if you walk into their entire team. its just so easy to get full stacks and the health bonus is so high that it would be a must buy for EVERY champion.

i'll fix them.. someday, pretty much the thing i hate the most about Arams is those champions with inbuilt free stats stacking warmogs, as hammerhand says, they get to ridicolous levels. Warmogs Heimer, Warmogs Soraka and even Warmogs Gangplank were pretty much assured victories when Dominion came out just look for an old post about Warmogs heimer or check this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YppILvDztk8

they didn't remove Warmogs from Dominion and the new treeline for no apparent reason they had reasons, good reasons.

SlasherBag

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstaorthX View Post
So....hows that Dominion Equivalent of Warmogs coming along....I remember quite some time ago that you pulled warmogs out of dominion cause it was "OP" and you would "soon" released an equivalent of it.
Some time ago there was a discussion with nome about it and I believe it got axed as bruisers were already too prevalent.

Lumara

10-24-2012

basically dominion is still dead as almost all the items for the new TT should be dominion items, instead it seems TT is the new map mode they want to promote and probably want to shut down dominion as a result.

Alpha Q23

10-24-2012

Don't worry when Riot revamps dominion they will probably screw it up like the new TT.