Having issues with Xin Zhao

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dakka Downpour

06-15-2014

I've been playing Xin Zhao in top lane, and so far I've been losing more than winning, by a fair margin. Either I get paired with an opponent that XZ has difficulties fighting, or in the rare events that he does well the other lanes perform poorly.

Nevermind the performance of the other lanes, but I would like some suggestions for XZ top. Thinking back on the last several games, I find that I tend to not start fights and prefer to explode all over the weaker enemies. Is this a sign that I should probably consider playing him in jungle as an assassin instead?

I do build him as a bruiser with some defense in top; the issue is less about itemization and more about style/laning. Usually a bot laner with MF (she's a beast).

ReportThisShaco

06-15-2014

When you have q up you can outtrade most opponents, assuming they're melee. If you eqw someone at lvl 3 you take at least 70% of their health. If you are ahead, get a botrk+triforce and you literally 2-hit people. Also make sure to cs well, that's a huge factor in you winning or losing a lane. If your enemy uses an ability or two in lane, engaging right away will likely win you the trade heavily. If you are against a ranged champion, like an adc, do your full combo on them whenever its up. You will likely get a kill on the second combo if you have ignite.

Xin is the strongest lvl 3 duelist, take advantage of that.

Toge

06-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReportThisShaco View Post
When you have q up you can outtrade most opponents, assuming they're melee. If you eqw someone at lvl 3 you take at least 70% of their health. If you are ahead, get a botrk+triforce and you literally 2-hit people. Also make sure to cs well, that's a huge factor in you winning or losing a lane. If your enemy uses an ability or two in lane, engaging right away will likely win you the trade heavily. If you are against a ranged champion, like an adc, do your full combo on them whenever its up. You will likely get a kill on the second combo if you have ignite.

Xin is the strongest lvl 3 duelist, take advantage of that.
The only problem with this is that you shouldn't be EQW people but EWQ them since Q lowers all his coold downs by 1 second. Also, your ultimate is not an execute. Use the skills in this order ERWQ to max out your dps and utility.