Singe (Tank)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ralphinator

08-24-2009

I just started playing Singe, and this guide has been really helpful for item and skill builds, but I don't really know what runes to use. For the three major runes I have movement speed, but right now I just have mana regen for blue hp regen for yellow and a handful of random secondary placeholders for red.

Mace

08-28-2009

I hear alot of talk about the items, but any one have any ideas on Runes?

Byny

08-28-2009

Well, depending on your team stuns realiability, I guess you need to consider getting one point in goo before mid/late game.

Almitt

Adjudicator

08-28-2009

with enough movespeed you wont ever need goo

Byny

08-28-2009

Well, many times where I had BoS + ult and opponents were still running faster/at the same speed.

Almitt

Adjudicator

08-28-2009

get a *FoN should enough. if it isnt you are prob against teemo. but get goo if the other team has alot of high speeds

Snuffleupagus

09-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necodamus View Post
I've been going Philosophers, Sprint Boots, RoD, then Rylai's.... The AP from those last two makes your poison do 160ish dmg per tick, which is just nasty. And since you get the health and the mana health from both, you end up with a whole lot of health.
I use the same strat but have been opting to go regrowth first instead of philosophers stone, but both seem to have their advantages. But i would recomend this build to Singed players, the AP boost can make him very effective as a support, farmer, and carry.

Buddha Belly

10-09-2009

I find that level 1 goo at level 4-7 really helps facilitate ganking once your team gets ults. Not getting at least 1 rank early is a gross oversight in my opinion, especially if you can get a toss on an enemy into your tower. I also think that prioritizing poison give you a lot of harass and an excellent early farming mechanic as well as a lot of ae damage when you start helping your team gank.

I prefer sorc boots because I use movement Quints

After the regrowth pendant and boots I sprint the rod. This will give you enough ap to start clearing creep waves quickly. After this ill go warmogs if my team is good at assisting so I can initiate. If they suck at group kills ill just start stacking ap items with int (at least I get some health from his passive) and lol at people chasing me through poison clouds.

For skill order I typically use:
Poison
Toss
Poison
Goo
Poison
Insanity
etc

Redskizzers

10-09-2009

I get Philosophers first, then I make boots next always always, a Tear of the Goddess after that (which I turn into ArchAngle staff) After that I feel out the game a little bit. Rod of ages if it looks like it's going to be a long one. If not, and we need to make some pushes, I get wardens mail (perfect for if you get stunned in a no-win situation. Hit ghost as soon as stun is up, and then book it. The slow will make sure the enemies wont catch you but they're going to try, wading in your poison while chasing you.) Or banshee if there's a ryze. If that seems to be enough tank-ness I get Zhonyas ring and start building my AP.

I think there are better full tanks in the game. But nobody wants to chase down a Rammus like they want to chase down a Singed.

Redskizzers

10-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace View Post
I hear alot of talk about the items, but any one have any ideas on Runes?
I stack mp/5@18. Honestly the bonus for straight mp/5 is overshadowed by mp/5@18 at like level 7. Untill then the mana you get from philosophers stone is more then enough. Move speed in my quint slots, and magic resist. You don't need to fear melee as much early game because not many of them will be able to pin you down. It might take some testing but by level 11 you should have enough mp/5 to keep poison on forever (without casting anything else.) and then you can focus on buying items that help in other ways.

The only other runes I could see being useful would be ap, to help with poison and tosses, you get more then enough armor and health through items, and you don't auto attack at all