Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why do people think that AP mids are viable in 3v3 ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Canibalistik

10-23-2012

I honestly play a lot of AP champs on TT, and do quite well, it depends mostly on the composition of your team, and the skill of the players. Some of my favorites are Gragas, Malzahar, Lux, Morgana, Annie, and Ziggs. Sounds to me like you're having more of an unskilled players issue versus placing blame on champion choice?

Canibalistik

10-23-2012

I honestly play a lot of AP champs on TT and do quite well. Some of my faves to use are Gragas, Ziggs, Malzahar, Morgana, and Annie. I think you've been experiencing more of an unskilled players issue versus a champion selection issue.

Ninesixfive

10-23-2012

Quote:
cherubs23:
There is a difference between a bad pick and a bad player
APchamps can work quite well as long as they synergise with their team

example: Akali, Kat, Rumbe

i think the main thing about AP on TT is picking one with sustain

mana hungry AP champs get eaten alive in my experience

eh i've actually done very well as Anivia in the past. Though usually my play stile is stall until full build.

Yoga Pants OP

10-23-2012

ahri

Wickedsoul14

10-23-2012

Quote:
Yoga Pants OP:
ahri

No just No

Thundarianjunk

10-23-2012

Oriana was definatly good on the old tt, and it is unlikely she won't do well on the new.

Para

10-23-2012

Quote:
Thundarianjunk:
Oriana was definatly good on the old tt, and it is unlikely she won't do well on the new.

I disagree... she is probably even more viable in the new one than the old.

Her ball gives vision. She has a lot of utility that helps a team get around in the map. Increased mana regeneration at her disposal.

Wickedsoul14

10-23-2012

Quote:
Para:
I disagree... she is probably even more viable in the new one than the old.

Her ball gives vision. She has a lot of utility that helps a team get around in the map. Increased mana regeneration at her disposal.

until she runs into anyone who knows anything about TT running a off tank and facerolls your cause your a squishy AP

Jimyd

10-23-2012

Let me guess, OP has experienced Grim Reaper Karthuses last night.

fiddlesticksssss

10-23-2012

If you are going to pick a ap mid champ, make sure you have a good wall of defense. Cassio/karthus/kat will melt if you are all squishy champs that do high damage. If you have renekton protect the ap mid champ and a high melee damage go in for kill you can easily win team fights 24/7. Its not that they are not viable, but you do need actual teamwork, which is far and few on the solo queue of TT.