Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why do people think that AP mids are viable in 3v3 ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mmike

10-23-2012

The three's "Standard" (ish) meta right now is AP bottom Bruiser top, bruiser juggler, and between the two bruisers one being tankier.

Granted 3's is far more flexible than 5's so other strategies are completely viable, but I'd say that's normal.

AP mids are a necessary component to have magic damage on your team, otherwise armor stack too strong.
*although on a side note a large number of ap mids are pretty bad.. But the mobile aoe one's do better. (Rumble Gragas Kat)

Smcl

10-23-2012

Mix mix swirl~

Thorthedark

10-23-2012

Also any AP who can effectively use Hourglass.
When only fighting three people at a time a well timed Morgana, Kennen or Fiddlesticks ult into hourglass is all too effective.

Unicorn of Doom

10-23-2012

Have people forgotten about Vlad? He's very viable in 3s and is clearly an AP champion.

Wickedsoul14

10-23-2012

Vald is clearly way tankier then your typical AP champ with heals Kop

I've played around 150 games on the new TT have not once seen an AP go positive both in normals ranked solo que and premades they end up getting dominated and losing it for their team thats why I call them AP mids cause Mid lane SR is where they belong

The new TT has changed the meta slightly to make the occaisonal ADC slightly viable but really only works with a well organized premade against solo ques or just really really bad players TT has been and still is Off tank/brusier land and people who don't follow that end up costing their team games that vast majority of the time

*Edit Vald can build purely health defense items and his passive gives him his AP which is why he is so good in 3's

RedDevilCG

10-23-2012

150 games on the new TT? Wasn't it only recently put up on PBE?

Purgex

10-23-2012

I believe it's been out for less than a week. It's possible, but that just means he plays on it a lot.

Wickedsoul14

10-23-2012

Quote:
RedDevilCG:
150 games on the new TT? Wasn't it only recently put up on PBE?

Been out for like a week and a day I think today and yes TT is all I been playing minus a few warm up bot games for win of the day. I love my 3v3 but stupid ppl can really be a buzzkill

Sam

10-23-2012

Quote:
Vesh:
Saying "AP Mids are not viable in 3s" isn't entirely accurate.

Kat, Rumble, Morgana, and some others are extremely powerful picks on TT. A large part of winning the "pick war" of TT is understanding synergies between champions and trying to get champions that actually work together and not ones that are simply considered "OP."

Morgana is good, but not "extremely powerful" sir. She lacks armor and easily burst ed down.

infinite azure

10-23-2012

I main anivia on TT through mana solutions, and am almost diamond playing to her strengths,

Of the mages not listed many can benefit from the small corridors alone such as brand and his guarenteed 5 bounce ult when they contest dragon, or xerath's trololol AP->AR passive and ability to nuke people from where they can't hope to reach you.

I think people are just less creative than they could be when applying APs. You just have to play to the AP's unique strengths, and often you'll catch people by suprise.

Quote:
Såm:
Morgana is good, but not "extremely powerful" sir. She lacks armor and easily burst ed down.

Lacks armor? The best possible build for her she rushes armor, what is this I don't even.