Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot Feedback on Kha'Zix. Changes he needs.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Promyvion

10-25-2012

Quote:
ReluctantFantasy:
Giving him more room to use ultimate would serve a better purpose too, decreasing cooldown I mean because right now it doesnt really do that much if you think about it compared to vayne ultimate, now I'm not going to bring up rengar because he gets a leap but at the same time I wish would do much more like increase his movement speed by a base or 40% so he can catch up use q and get out.

If you're trying to say that Kha'zix's ult should give him bonus movement speed.. it already does give him a 40% bonus. Seems odd that you would use 40% as a number so either that was a good random idea or you just worded this very poorly.

Its a me Luigi

10-25-2012

Quote:
Volty:
Wow thank you for all the attention and thought you put into this post. I can't reply to each point you're making so I just have a couple of quick updates.

We are pretty happy with his current performance right now, and with large changes coming up soon in season 3 we're more likely to wait and see how the dust settles there before making significant changes. That said, the nerfs to several other strong champions that went into the last patch will probably open up more space for Kha'Zix (and others) immediately.

I am also pushing to get an increase to the healing radius of W into the next patch, purely for useability reasons, so that you can't both be in melee range of a target but then not get the healing from a W detonating against that target. This change is already in and just awaits signoff.

Q is strong. Yes! I balance champions not abilities. To a lesser extent I try to balance rank up incentives. I like Q hitting hard and being awesome. If it wasn't strange, I would have Q cost zero mana vs. champions. There really isn't a situation where I want the player to be like "hey, I could Q that guy but I won't because I'm saving mana for something else." That's not really the choice I am trying to present. Q is specifically undercosted mana wise so that players use it without having to be too careful about the mana they're spending.

Contrast to W which has huge mana costs, especially when ranked up. This is because I'm invoking gameplay around the choice of "should I use this skill or save my mana?"

Using a window of time on Void Assault helps to contain a frustrating skill to a specific place in time. It helps to create counterplay where you can observe that Kha'Zix has ulted recently and so you know he can't again. That's not as easy when the skill gains ammo at unpredictable intervals or is difficult for an opponent to track.

I agree though, that if we want to buff Kha'Zix, it could very well be that his ultimate is a place to buff. Something as simple as increasing the stealth duration by 0.25 or 0.5 seconds would have a huge impact. (We know because we tested it.) I don't think this is good thing to do right now though, because I don't think Kha'Zix needs that kind of a buff. But if we did...

Awesome to hear that you're playing him mid lane! Thanks again for the commentary and see you on the fields of justice.

you do realize you are giving him buffs to a champion who is fine or overpowered

Estred Shantile

10-25-2012

In response to Volty which I would like to also thank Riot for seeing that many are still discussing Kha'zix.
His ult is definitely the place to implement minor tweaks directly increasing damage or decreasing mana has the potential to imbalance him. I have made a few posts on this thread regarding my thoughts I really feel if he is to go to the top lane that evolved W being able to heal on all 3 shots is the best way without directly buffing his survivability because most tops are innately able to survive more.

Have you tried building Tear early to get a Manamune later? It really solves his mana issue and then a Malmortus helps his vulnerability to AP burst and both give him damage in return.

Defenitly have the potential for a very fun champion though his niche is very underplayed in current Meta with pretty much the meta being "everyone beefy or die" which leaves most of the less sustainable or escaping champions to be left behind this is especially apparent in TT even the new Shadow Isles version.

m1lk

10-26-2012

Quote:
Volty:
I played pok'Zix in ARAM the other day, it was brutal. I think this could work on SR in the right comp. Also having mana be a little easier to acquire or more worthwhile would help...

Volty why did you come into the NESL game I was casting today and trash talk me :'(

I expect an item named after me to rectify this grievous injustice.

Estred Shantile

10-26-2012

@gotm1lk
I seriously doubt any Rioter would trash talk you or anyone for that matter. Either you are just trying to guilt for free stuff or you encountered a Riot Imposter. Either way you are posting something entirely unrelated in a thread regarding Kha'zix.
Please to be removing yourself from this and let us properly discuss a champion.

That taken care of I look forward to the Season 3 changes to see what happens.

keymash

10-26-2012

Just seems to me like someone is asking for a buff on an already over powered champion. Seriously guys? I don't care about dislikes, but Kha'Zix is screaming for a nerf. Literally any idiot can carry hard with him with no issues. Look at the free week. He was in every match and was impossible to lane against after he hit lvl 3. He has way too much burst damage and he is hard to get away from. To top it all off, it's hard to do any real damage to him. He has a lot of potential to be a fun champion, but he practically garuntees wins, especially in 3's. He also snowballs a little too far compared to how easy it is to do. I agree his passive needs a slight buff into late game and his ult is a hit or miss with usefulness, but come on. There are plenty of other champions that need a buff. This one screams for a nerf -_-

CiT0

10-26-2012

you surely are kidding that khazix is op. He is so incredibly squishy in the jungle its not even funny. As far as 3's i cant say much but i didnt think patches were really balace toward 3's and from what ive read alot of champs are op in 3's

Ruruku

10-26-2012

Awesome idea for his ultimate. While I do love Kha Zix in his current state he does need some work. Mid lane also a great lane for him. Assassins add so much more pressure to jungle, bot and top if they can go and snowball off of mid lane and ganks.

ReluctantFantasy

10-26-2012

Quote:
Promyvion:
If you're trying to say that Kha'zix's ult should give him bonus movement speed.. it already does give him a 40% bonus. Seems odd that you would use 40% as a number so either that was a good random idea or you just worded this very poorly.

I am not very articulate man, is it really 40% already? it seems like its 20% or maybe its the duration that makes it awkward, if his ultimate is intended to help him chase or escape it does not do that, I dont play 100% by theory sometimes I just feel out the champion to see how it fares to others. Maybe I got confused because the duration was so low it was unnoticeable. Maybe its the fact that I play vayne a lot it feels really unsatisfying to use. Not to mention he is melee he should not be able to be CC'd during the duration.

Least Pro Lee NA

10-27-2012

If riot insists on limiting his ult to a 10 sec period could you make it so that he gets the bonus move speed for the entire 10 sec while being able to stealth and ignore unit collision for 1 sec 2-3 times during it( first cast is speed, second is first stealth, third is second stealth, and if evolved 4 would be third stealth) as it is right now it really doesn't help him navigate team-fights or chase unless hes already on top of the enemy and needs the slow from his passive.