Tanks and Bruisers in Team Fights

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jooge

10-23-2012

After playing so many games I have a good understanding of what AP and AD carries should do in team fights (stay in the back, stay alive, dish out damage).

But what is [generally] more optimal for tanks and bruisers to do? Go after the enemy carries, or peel and protect for their own carries? Does it depend on the hero? Compare what Riven or Amumu should do in a team fight, after initiation has happened. The answer probably depends on the team situation, but in general what do you guys think?

UgmoDuck

10-23-2012

go after the adc, dissrupt them. Support usually stays and protects the adc from the enemies tank/brusier.

adc

10-23-2012

It depends. If the enemy team has no heroes that can walk through your team and stomp your AD carry (say, Jax), you can freely do disrupt their carries. But the tank's main job is to take damage and keep the carry alive. A hero like Soraka as a support won't be able to peel for your AD, so you're going to need to help with that - though the entire team should be helping with that.

Energetic

10-23-2012

When ever I play Amumu I make sure to ult when the ADC is in range, because they instantly die. LOL. Other than that if I am playing Riven, I ult, Q in for the CC then W for more CC then normally aim my ult towards the adc. By that time the ADC is trying to flee, which means disrupting the adc gives you more of a chance at winning the fight (depending on the feeds).

If I am playing the ADC I always have a habit of aiming their adc which is on the other side of the team fight which leads me to die almost instantly because I am right in the middle of the fight trying to get in range on their adc, So I quit playing them

EDIT: As a tank I normally just try and CC the entire enemy team. Could of just said that :P

Jooge

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UgmoDuck View Post
go after the adc, dissrupt them. Support usually stays and protects the adc from the enemies tank/brusier.
Supports can only do so much. If there are two enemies on your friendly Ashe, and you're Taric, what do you do after you stun one of them? If no one else on your team is peeling for her, then Ashe is probably dead

mnun

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jooge View Post
Supports can only do so much. If there are two enemies on your friendly Ashe, and you're Taric, what do you do after you stun one of them? If no one else on your team is peeling for her, then Ashe is probably dead
One is stunned, then taric and ashe change focus to the other bruisers. Taric uses shatter and that bruiser is dead, then you turn on the other. Simple as that, and this comes from a support main

adc

10-23-2012

So what you're saying is that Ashe and Taric can focus down a bruiser like Jax running after you in the 1.5 seconds that the Riven is stunned? I don't think it quite works that way, mnun. And if it does, I want to play at whatever level you're at.

mnun

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
So what you're saying is that Ashe and Taric can focus down a bruiser like Jax running after you in the 1.5 seconds that the Riven is stunned? I don't think it quite works that way, mnun. And if it does, I want to play at whatever level you're at.
Forgot to mention I usually run a dfg on Taric for just such an occasion
And I'd never stun a riven if Mr Jax wants to play

Jooge

10-23-2012

I think 99% of the time dfg is an inefficient use of your precious support gold. DFG doesn't help peel anyway..

When you guys play a bruiser like riven or renekton, what do you normally do in teamfights (with success)?

Tanathalis

10-23-2012

Tanks with cc peel anything that tries to get at there carries ex. Ali rammus leona ect
Bruisers usually go for the carries , but in games what usually happens is each team focuses specific champions in a cearten order