Thinking about Quiting this game after playing for 4 years.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ToHiToListen

10-23-2012

Have to say that I really enjoy playing this game and I have enjoyed it ever since I first picked it up over four years ago. My favorite matches were the Twisted Tree Line, 3v3 map, and it is the only type of game i like playing, but with the new "Improvements" they intend to do to it I don't think all the money and time I've spent will be enough for me to want to play this game anymore.

"removing some of the heavier tank items intended for use in 5v5 matchups. These new items should make beefier champions easier to take down with a team of three and help beef up their more fragile counterparts. "

So your going to make tanks, not tanky, and your going to make the squishy glass cannons into "beefer" mini-tanks? How at all does it make sense to make the champions who put out far more damage than tanks, who barely do any damage alone, into a Nuke and a Tough Champ. Its already hard enough when every single game I would play ends up with the other two playing immediately picking two damage role champions leaving me to tank..... every....... single..... game.

"we removed Sight and Vision Wards from the item shop and created more openings from the jungle into the two lanes to promote aggressive ambushing – no more warding the middle and laning gank-free at bot!"

I do not know how often Riot Game Employees play games with random players, but there are not a great number of exceptional player that EVEN if mid did happen to be warded would still die from ganks because they lack mini-map awareness. Not to mention when i would play ranked games we wouldn't just limit out wards to the very middle of the map, so to think that players only ward the red buff is stupid statement. We warded EVERYWHERE.

Not to mention that your freaking releasing ward skins same damn time your releasing the new map and for players like me who actually buy your skins, something like this really pisses me off. What is the point in only having those skins for 5v5? And who the hell buys wards for dominion? And what about players like me who only play 3v3's, do we just get **** on and get told ,"deal with it."?

"We then moved the Summoner Platform further back into the base and placed a wall around it to keep the laser beams off the minions. This should shave some time off your next victory on Twisted Treeline by helping you kick in the door on a team that’s turtling in their base."

So, you move the platform FARTHER back and you put a WALL around it thus making it take more time to get from the platform to the lanes to actually fight and you say this shaves time off and make the game quicker? You do this to prevent player from dragging super minions into the laser? Hey guess what. Smart players don't push the inhibitor because if we aren't trying to push and finish right then and there, the other team will just start to get easy money right inside of there base. So in instances that people like me don't push inhibs till the very last and final push, this is just going to waste time and irritate people like me.

Good to know that the senior players who have never had a problem with the twisted tree line are getting the ****ty end of the stick just because of the many bad players who blame the game for them being bad at it and not themselves for not being able to adapt to what really works.

Sincerely,
Senior players.

3v3 Hero

10-23-2012

Hey dude, I didn't read much of your actual post. I just laughed when I saw that you said you had been playing for more than four years. I find that funny because the game isn't actually 4 years old.

Luego

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2012

Regarding wards, yes wards gave you a "get out of gank free card". In low elo pub games. In ranked, they only remained there if both teams chose to let them be there. Otherwise oracles and/or pinks would sweep them. Again, this was an OPTION for the players to take, to make the game play as they wanted. Riot's removing options with new TT, to force play to go the way they think it should go.

RainbowFire

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKG Hellsfire View Post
Hey dude, I didn't read much of your actual post. I just laughed when I saw that you said you had been playing for more than four years. I find that funny because the game isn't actually 4 years old.
I was laughing too. I knew something was wrong with that post.

awesomejak

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowFire View Post
I was laughing too. I knew something was wrong with that post.
Now thinking about it... When did this game come out? just 3 yrs ago? I say 3 cuz we are starting S3

16b

10-23-2012

If you've been playing since beta then you're only a handful of months off of the 4 year mark.

FistOfChuckNoris

10-23-2012

Most of your post is just whiney whine. Many of the changes are needed, desperately so.

Tanks
They are removing items that let champs like Malphite and Maokai and others jump into 5 enemy players and survive long enough to have their entire team get into position. If the enemy team wins the fight, they can kill malphite, as there are a lot more AOEs that hit him during the fight and more than three team members may be alive to hit him after the fight is over. There is also more room to maneuver and avoid your whole team being ultied on by him

A Malphite is near impossible to kill for three champions as he can eat all 12 abilities and survive with a good chunk of health. This lets him do as he pleases as his team gets in position, even without his ult, and if his ult is up, you usually have to run from the team fight if you cant spread out and stay that way. Current meta is 2 tanks and 1 ranged damage (Malphite / Galio / MF is the "we win after level 6" team for instance)

Also you say that damage dealers get beefyer? how? they are limiting 5v5 tank items, not adding super phages.

Wards
I will admit, I think no wards is a mistake, but it could make things very interesting. minimap awareness is even more important (you have to see when they duck into the jungle and where), and there is no warding Dragon/Spider (which may be an issue for PUGs).

I am pretty bummed that this happens as the ward skins come out, as I intend to buy them. I hope for a middle ground, as limiting wards (2 on the ground per team?) could add to the strategy factor.

Fricken walls with fricken lazer beams attached to their fricken heads!
This was very needed. The wall wont prevent your character moving out, as you are running to the top or bottom to get in lane anyway. And the extra second and a half it takes you to get to lane is nothing compared to how long almost any team can turtle at their own tower, so yes, it WILL make games shorter without that stupid option. It was the biggest detractor for me, a game clearly won/lost can go for an hour because you cant deal the final blow.

TLDR
Stop whining, you havent even tested the changes. If its THAT bad for everyone Riot will address it, and if only YOU hate it, you can quit or whatever or learn the new 3v3 meta. Which looks to have much more options and flexibility in terms of team comp, and much less focus on turtle turtle turtle.

ToHiToListen

10-25-2012

[QUOTE=FistOfChuckNoris;30564096]Most of your post is just whiney whine. Many of the changes are needed, desperately so.

Tanks
They are removing items that let champs like Malphite and Maokai and others jump into 5 enemy players and survive long enough to have their entire team get into position. If the enemy team wins the fight, they can kill malphite, as there are a lot more AOEs that hit him during the fight and more than three team members may be alive to hit him after the fight is over. There is also more room to maneuver and avoid your whole team being ultied on by him

Okay guy how are tanks in 3v3, where they are taking away the tank items, running into groups of 5 enemies and surviving? This puzzles me. : /

Thomas500

10-25-2012

Agree full heartedly, this map sucks. Bring back the old TT. I only left Dota to come play Lol because they had a 3v3 map they kept the same gameplay. Now with the new TT I think I'll just go back to Dota.

RaineR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomejak View Post
Now thinking about it... When did this game come out? just 3 yrs ago? I say 3 cuz we are starting S3
Im pretty sure they released Surprise Party Fiddle Sticks for their second birthday. And that was in October/November of 2011. So yea about 3 years.