@Riot: Native support for text macros/mia ping?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tutskii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

More bump.

ApackofSquid

02-11-2013

Not sure why this idea hasn't recieved more attention. In a game that for some reason STILL doesn't have voice communication ( you know, like every other game since 2002) this sounds like a suitable replacement to do that and bridge the language barrier that is a problem daily. The prospect of an MIA ping also sounds fantastic, especially the part where it still tells you in chat that they are MIA. Riot please take a look at this, it would allow much better coordination in solo queue.

Resolute Riven

02-11-2013

……………………._„„„--~""""""~-,
.………………„-~";;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;\
.…………„-~";;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;\
.…….„~";;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;; ;\
.…,-";;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;; ;\
.../;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;\
.…\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;; ;;;;;;;;\
.…..\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;\
.…….\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;; ;;;;;;;;;\,
.………\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;; ;;;;;;;;;"-,………………~"")
.………..\,;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;"-,……….,-~";;;;;/
.……….…\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;\…..,~";;;;;;;,-'.…_,-~""~-,
.……….…..\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;",-";;;;;;__„-~":::,-~~-,_::::"-„
.……….……\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;; ;;;;;;;;„~";;;;„~"::::::::::::::":::::::::::::::: ::\
.……….…….\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;; ;;,-~"__„„„-"::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"~-,
.……….……..\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;,-~"-~"::,-'::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::"~-,
.……….………\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;„~":: __„-~"::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::: :::::::::::::"-,
.……….……….\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;_„-~"::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::: :::::::::::::_„„-~,~~~~--,:|
.………_„„„----~~\.……;;;;;,„-~"„„--~-,::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: _,-~":'\'-,:\:|:\|::\|\:|:\:|
...,-~";;;;;;;;;;;;;;;"-;_„„-~"::::::,-'::::_:::::::::\:\:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::,~':\'-,::',"-\::'':"::::::::\|:|/
..."-,_;;;;;;;_„„--~~""_,-'"~----":|::/,~""-::|::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,~"::\'-,:\;;'-';;;;;;;;;;;,-'::\::|/
.……..………,-':::::::::::::::\'-\~"_/:::/::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,-',::\'-,:|::";;;;;;;;;;;;,-':\:'-,::\
.……….…………|::::::::::::::::::\:'~'::::,-'::,':::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,-':\'-,:\'-,';;';;;;;;;;;;;;;,-':\:::'\-,|''
.……….………...|::,-~"::::::::::::/"~-~"::,-'::::::::::::::::::::::::_,-~':\'-,|:"'";;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'::'-,:',\|
.……….………../::/::::::::::::::::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::_,„-~"\:\'-,|;''-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'--,::\-:\:\|
.……….………/::::|::::::::::::::::|::::::::::::::::::::::::,-';;'-';;;;',/;\/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-.,|:::\-,:|\|..\|
.……….……./:::::::\:::::::::::::::|:::::::::::::::::::::,-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-~'''("-.,\:::|\:|::''
.……….…...,':::::::,':::::::::::::::|:::::::::: :::: ::::,-'/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,--'::::::/"~'
.……….…..,'::::::::|:::::::::::::::|::::::::::: :::, „-~"::|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'::::::::,'::::/
.……….…./:::::::::|:::::::::::::„-|--~~""::',:::::,';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,':::::::|_ ,-'
.………...,'::::::::::::",:,-~"::::|::::"-,::::::::::|:::/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,':::::::|::::,'
.………../:::::::::::::::|::::::::::::|:::::::"-,:::::::\:::|"""~-,~,_/:::::,':::/-----------riot pls
.……..,-"::::::::::::::::|::::::::::::|::::::::::"~-,_::|::\: : : : : : |: : \::::::::/:/
.…..,-":::::::::::::::::::|::::::::::::|::",:::::::: :::: :"-':::\: : : : : :|: : :\::::::|::|
...,-"::::::::::::::::::::::\::::::::::::|::::",::: :::: :::::::::::\: : : : : :\: : :|:::::|::|;;\
.-":::::::::::::::::::::::::::"-,::::::::|:::::::",:::::::::::::::/|\ ,: : : : : : : |::::,'/|::::|
.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"-,:::::|::::::::::"-,_::::::::::\|:/|,: : : : : : :|:::|'-,/|:::|
.:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"~-,|_::::::::::::::"~-,_:::"-,/|/\:::::::::::\:::\"-/|::|
.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|:::"~-,_::::::::::::',"-,:::"_|/\:|\: : : : \::\":/|\|
.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|:::::::: :::"~-,_:::::\:::\:::"~/_:|:|\: : : '-,\::"::,'\
.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|:::::::: ::::::::::"-,_:'-,::\:::::::"-,|:||\,-, : '-,\:::|-'-„
.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|:::::::: :::::::::::::::,-,'"-:"~,:::::"/_/::|-/\--';;\:::/:||\-,
.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|:::::::: ::::::::::::::/...'-,::::::"~„::::"-,/_:|:/\:/|/|/|_/:|
.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|:::::::: :::::::::::::|……"-,::::::::"~-:::::""~~~":::|
.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|:::::::: :::::::::::::|………"-,_::::::::::::::::::::::::::/

KCIV4

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutskii View Post
Hey guys!

Typing is hard. It is hard, and annoying, and I think I type pretty fast (300 or so wpm), the thing is that the game is fast paced, and sometimes, I put my fingers back in the wrong spot, or forget enter was pressed and wonder for a second why my champ doesn't do anything till I press enter to say WTF and instead I see QWEWRWQWEQRRRRRRRRF shortly after "You have been slain".

Sometimes, I'm in the middle of frenzied battles where getting distracted would get me killed, dodging skillshots, making my own, managing health and minions, last hitting, and so on. Sometimes its against the wrong guy (say, their jungle is mid) and by the time I get a chance to realize their jungle is mid is because their Kat is raping everything bot, its cause there is some unfunny ****** putting on his glasses and making a quip about knives to their memory.

Sometimes, I realize I should type something, and don't know when. Its the right time to dive, but the time it takes to write dive will make it not so anymore and the team doesn't know if I'll go for it or not. Or maybe its time to GTFO and my team confuses my attempt to cover their escape for an initiation, with terrible consequences.

And sometimes, I speak English and they speak taggalog and everything more elaborate that SS or mia will be misunderstood/fall flat, victim to a language wall I cannot breach.

"But Tutskii, those are all problems, what can Riot do about this that would make their game better, enhance team communication, and make League more awesome?"

Glad you asked, two things:

-In client, pre determined messages that are seen in the language of the client:

So I will say, press numpad 1 and my client will say "Lets go for a dive!", and i quickly ping the target area. My spanish friends will see "Vamos a echarnos un clavado!", my japanese ones "ishouni kyuukoukabakugekiru deshyo!" and so on. Suddenly, regardless of your language, we are performing beautiful synchronized dives!

-The much requested "Mia" ping.

Now this one is a bit harder cause you can do this with yellow pings already, the problem is that yellow pings mean different things to different people, and I end up spending more time explaining what I meant when I pinged a little yellow path from mid to say bot, than getting anything meaningful from it. The yellow ping is a bit ambiguous and most people have taken it to mean either "retreat" or "I'm having a panic attack" and having its own purpose, and no way to make it universally understood, perhaps we could have another one.

Say a blue one. Say it says in chat "Tutskii is warning that (closest lane to ping) is MIA!" or some such in the local language client. There, no ambivalence and no complex pinging patters.

"We shouldn't dragon guys they all mia and probably in their way to do horrible things to us!" could be just a couple pings on the towers!.

Well, what do you think?
they are already making alot of new pings for this....

ApackofSquid

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCIV4 View Post
they are already making alot of new pings for this....
Really? I haven't heard of this. That is good news at least... Then again, years ago they said there would be achievements implemented but we never saw that either :P