Ryze

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sco0oby

Adjudicator

08-11-2009

Ryze is very strong early, if it comes to harassing, this requires him to have a laning partner, if you manage to combo your skills in a decent fasion (and mb get potency quints) you can have a nice fb, later you want to use your passive, to do so, you need regen, which either means go back alot (which is a good thing if you keep money coming) but puts you back in xp, so if you have gold early, my tip wouldbe to get a stinger and a pot, ap boots should be in there and spend the rest on health pots or mb even a philosopher. this way you can skip soulstealer (which is the item to go if you get 3 kills in a row at the start), right after these lich bane is the item you need, i act like to get only 1 Q and max W second, together with some crit runes i hit for 1k, if im lucky twice in a row, which takes out a carry, and still leaving my ultimate for teamfights. Thats the point the game is over, if i was able to carry :P

LesPaulLover

08-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threads View Post
going with the trend of gold items = epic gimp

philosophers stons, AP boots, 3x lucky pick, soulstealer, lich, zonya, then start working down the list of epic AP items selling +gold items as you go.

thats a massive list of items...and i think sorc shoes are the obvious best choice for second item (after your starting item)

guimaraes

09-01-2009

tried most of those lists, for my kinda of play i still prefer:

1- pick (more offensive) or philosopher stone (more defensive) Advise: see enemy setup to check if u are confortable to kill enemy heroes or not

2- sorcerer boots

3- Mejai's Soulstealer or Rod of ages depeding on how many heroes you think you can kill at this moment
if many- go for mejai
less-go for Rod of ages, normally i stick with this to get hp/mana boost

4- glacier shield - get it to (7)frozen later after 2 next items

5- Lich

6- Zonya

That gold farming gear its kinda funny as well eheh but i still get better results with these ones.

Anyway just my opinion, thanks for all previous post about ryze. loving this hero so far.
Keep the good work Riot.

CriticalRA

01-10-2010

I am playing rze as my main right now and I noticed that even without getting ap items, all my skills still do an enormous amount of damage. Made me think why not go a AP/AS build. So I tested it out in a few games and it did extremly well. I usually go Zerk Boots, Malady. 2x Pham Dancer, Infinity, then w/e else I think I need. With anyone I fight I always take them WELL below me at first then I noticed that once thats done I never could finish the job before they killed me. Thats why I started going with these items. Go in get them well below me and I am able to AA raped them no questions asked. Usually by late game I am at about 190 ap w/ Infin and 120 w/o, 1.8 AS and can chase anyone down. It may not be as much burst damage as a straight AP build but it's different and I really enjoy that aspect. Let me know what yall think.

Xate

01-10-2010

CriticalRA if you look at the post date on this thread you'll see it was originally put here back in July.

Ryze was a totally different character then, this guide is not accurate now.

Also, If your are playing Ryze as an Attack Speed/AP build you have some kind of mental imbalance.

You should NEVER have Zerk Boots, Malady, Pham Dancer, Infinity or anything remotely similar to those items.

The reason you probably died before was because you just let your burst out and stood there and took it.
You need to get in, burst and get out with Ryze. It won't always kill them, but it will always make them think twice about how close they get. From there you need to take advantage of them when they overcommit, learn the range on your Prism so you can always hit them into it, Lane with a Blitz for a Pull + Prism and Knockup for double stun, things like that.

You can't just stack Attack dmg / speed on caster and hope for the best, its like building Veigar into a Tank - It just doesn't fly.

Im gonna go hit my face off a wall now.
Bye

ZGBudai

01-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriticalRA View Post
I am playing rze as my main right now and I noticed that even without getting ap items, all my skills still do an enormous amount of damage. Made me think why not go a AP/AS build. So I tested it out in a few games and it did extremly well. I usually go Zerk Boots, Malady. 2x Pham Dancer, Infinity, then w/e else I think I need. With anyone I fight I always take them WELL below me at first then I noticed that once thats done I never could finish the job before they killed me. Thats why I started going with these items. Go in get them well below me and I am able to AA raped them no questions asked. Usually by late game I am at about 190 ap w/ Infin and 120 w/o, 1.8 AS and can chase anyone down. It may not be as much burst damage as a straight AP build but it's different and I really enjoy that aspect. Let me know what yall think.
EPIC NECRO.

Read the title date please.

AP Stacking is now useless on Ryze.

CriticalRA

01-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xate View Post
CriticalRA if you look at the post date on this thread you'll see it was originally put here back in July.

Ryze was a totally different character then, this guide is not accurate now.

Also, If your are playing Ryze as an Attack Speed/AP build you have some kind of mental imbalance.

You should NEVER have Zerk Boots, Malady, Pham Dancer, Infinity or anything remotely similar to those items.

The reason you probably died before was because you just let your burst out and stood there and took it.
You need to get in, burst and get out with Ryze. It won't always kill them, but it will always make them think twice about how close they get. From there you need to take advantage of them when they overcommit, learn the range on your Prism so you can always hit them into it, Lane with a Blitz for a Pull + Prism and Knockup for double stun, things like that.

You can't just stack Attack dmg / speed on caster and hope for the best, its like building Veigar into a Tank - It just doesn't fly.

Im gonna go hit my face off a wall now.
Bye
I am sure most people won't agree with how I am playing Ryze but to be honest with you no hero is pigeon hole into one set play style. Its just something I wanted to try out. I thank you for your input but I have played both and still play with both type of item builds and they both work. Just because you don't think its right does not mean it doesn't work. Stop being close minded.

And yes I can stack AP/AS on Ryze and yes I still do just as good as stacking ap. And yes, it does fly. Don't bang your head to hard buddy.

CriticalRA

01-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGBudai View Post
EPIC NECRO.

Read the title date please.

AP Stacking is now useless on Ryze.
Dont give a **** about a date, I still can't find an updated Ryze guide so I just up and posted.

ZGBudai

01-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriticalRA View Post
Dont give a **** about a date, I still can't find an updated Ryze guide so I just up and posted.
If you can't find an updated Ryze guide, go ahead and start testing and make one.

Physical DPS Ryze used to be good until he had the skill that converted his damage into magical damage removed. Now it's just not too great.

All to you for creative thinking, but that would be like me going all Ability Power on twitch.

CriticalRA

01-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGBudai View Post
If you can't find an updated Ryze guide, go ahead and start testing and make one.

Physical DPS Ryze used to be good until he had the skill that converted his damage into magical damage removed. Now it's just not too great.

All to you for creative thinking, but that would be like me going all Ability Power on twitch.
ya your right, I just figured id try something new and it works to an extent. And if ap is useless I guess the next route is magic pen.