Soooooooo many trolls in tribunal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TriFlank

12-06-2013

I just started doing cases and out of the 4 I did, two were different from my view. I know some people can have different opinions, but this is seriously crazy that already in 4 cases 2 of them are obviously troll pardons.

case 1: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/6666935/

Quote:
Trundle [All] [00:27:17] gg noob rivenTrundle
Trundle [All] [00:27:18] feeding top
Jax [All] [00:20:46] gg baddies
Fizz [All] [00:10:55] lmfao noob
Fizz [All] [00:11:04] run back into me why wont ya
Fizz [All] [00:12:25] lol you're just bad
Fizz [All] [00:12:29] and you have anger issues
Fizz [All] [00:20:13] gg noobs
Fizz [All] [00:20:16] reporting nas
I mean..

case 2:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../6665833/#nogo

Quote:
Jax [00:00:17] plz report this yi after game for trollpick and bad player
Jax [00:00:19] ty
Jax [00:16:55] ashe afk now we can report her
Sivir [00:01:46] gg noobs
Sivir [00:21:29] omg nooobs

Tribunal seems to be full of trolls spamming pardon...

Decendt

12-06-2013

Compare to what I've seen some say... those quotes are really mild in comparison.

TriFlank

12-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decendt View Post
Compare to what I've seen some say... those quotes are really mild in comparison.
I can see some cases being borderline and I vote pardon. I thought I was actually more on the pardon side that most people, because I felt that shelzin and such were too tempted to punish compared to me.

However I cannot believe that anyone would ever pardon the above cases, it seems to me that it is a flagrant and blatant abuse. Would you honestly play with someone who calls people noob in every single game they play? Or someone who spams the chat and calls for reports while calling them noob?

The only logical reasoning I can see is that it was random troll spamming pardon. If not, then I have lose some faith in people in general :l.

PenguinKillBear

12-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriFlank View Post
I can see some cases being borderline and I vote pardon. I thought I was actually more on the pardon side that most people, because I felt that shelzin and such were too tempted to punish compared to me.

However I cannot believe that anyone would ever pardon the above cases, it seems to me that it is a flagrant and blatant abuse. Would you honestly play with someone who calls people noob in every single game they play? Or someone who spams the chat and calls for reports while calling them noob?

The only logical reasoning I can see is that it was random troll spamming pardon. If not, then I have lose some faith in people in general :l.
The system is set up to favor the possibility of a false pardon over a false punishment. That being said, I would have punished these games, but I am not surprised some didnt.

The tribunal is suppose to encompass players of all opinions in terms of the tribunal. There is no right or wrong. If you felt it deserved punishment and voted that way, Kudos! If someone thought that case didnt deserve punishment, and they voted to pardon, then they did their job too.

Naelarstrasz

12-06-2013

We do have some pardon spammers, but not enough of them to make a huge difference frequently.

Bear in mind there are lenient judges out there like myself who, at times, will excuse a game of bad behavior if it's frustration.

Also, bear in mind several judges, including myself, do not like to punish for rudeness. We punish toxicity strictly.

Edit: I'd also like to add, this is all a learning process with the Tribunal. It'll take you a good couple weeks to learn how everything happens and why they do. Always ask questions about what baffles you.

Say in my previous threads, I ask why would someone vote the other way. This is to help me understand so that I can apply it later. It's through this, I learned that punishing for rudeness has a degree of toxicity in itself and not what Riot intended. (This is my view on it. If yours is difference, that is a measure of natural "balance".)

Akado Bayushi

12-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naelarstrasz View Post
We do have some pardon spammers, but not enough of them to make a huge difference frequently.

Bear in mind there are lenient judges out there like myself who, at times, will excuse a game of bad behavior if it's frustration.

Also, bear in mind several judges, including myself, do not like to punish for rudeness. We punish toxicity strictly.

Edit: I'd also like to add, this is all a learning process with the Tribunal. It'll take you a good couple weeks to learn how everything happens and why they do. Always ask questions about what baffles you.

Say in my previous threads, I ask why would someone vote the other way. This is to help me understand so that I can apply it later. It's through this, I learned that punishing for rudeness has a degree of toxicity in itself and not what Riot intended. (This is my view on it. If yours is difference, that is a measure of natural "balance".)
I'm "That Guy" that balances out Naeler...something. Anyway, I automagically find out how he voted on a case, and then I go vote the other way. I'm trying to build up enough of a portfolio to apply for Ionian citizenship.

Random tangents aside, the guideline I use when voting is "Would I want to play with this person?" Keep in mind that the displayed cases are usually the person's worst days. It doesn't mean they run their mouth every single game, but there are times that I feel their worst days cross the line, and so I vote Punish.

There are times when I say "Well, I wouldn't like to see this in chat, but it wouldn't really make me mad" and I vote Pardon.

As long as each person thinks about the case and votes the way they feel (without blindly clicking one button over and over), then that's cool. That is what the Tribunal was intended to do.

Everyone has their own opinions, and that's why the system works.