A public appeal should be made.

Yes. 17 20.00%
No. 50 58.82%
I don't care. 18 21.18%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Why did I get a 14 day ban because of this?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vrykonik

12-12-2012

As has been said many times in the forums, the rules are clear. You don't have to break the summoner's code in all the games. Lyte said 1 is enough to punish. Be more mindful or don't... Either way the community will judge accordingly. Ultimately, it doesn't matter if you accept responsibility or not. If you don't, we'll see you next week too.

H Bergeron

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrykonik View Post
As has been said many times in the forums, the rules are clear. You don't have to break the summoner's code in all the games. Lyte said 1 is enough to punish. Be more mindful or don't... Either way the community will judge accordingly. Ultimately, it doesn't matter if you accept responsibility or not. If you don't, we'll see you next week too.

Well said

Tearhisfaces

12-12-2012

a 14 day ban isnt made for a first time offense. There has clearly been some issues regarding this account prior to this series of reporting.

What people like you need to take into account is that this game and online gaming in general (even offline multiplayer games) is not meant for YOU. It is everyone's game. To get frustrated at things like the summoner spells people choose or the build they choose or the lane they choose is none of your business to be honest. If it gets to the point where these people are purposely trolling and ruining your fun by feeding or purposely having you killed (ie, singed flips full health shaco over his shoulders onto you at 5%hp then he runs away) then the best bet is to stay cool, keep your mouth shut (obviously an issue with you) and after game throw a report their way.

Multiplayer gaming is not meant to cater to YOU. It's for US. Once you accept that fact, and grow up, maybe you'll enjoy your time here.

Until then, go play minesweeper.

Phantaztick

12-12-2012

You were fine in game 1, but after that, WELL deserved ban. Don't be one of those guys who behaves like a tool then gets confused as to why toolish behaviour is unacceptable. And stop spamming Zzzzz all the time. It conveys no useful information and is just there to agrivate.

WindowsVista

12-12-2012

I would punish off of game 3 and game 4. These games were NOT the only reason why you were banned. You have to have a pretty high report frequency to be in the tribunal. If you are looking to change, now is really your last chance before the permaban.

Riley Blackwolf

12-12-2012

The Tribunal shows you a sample of the games you were reported in. Roughly 98% of players in NA never make it to Tribunal. Also, if you're getting a 14 day ban, than that means you were given a warning, a 1 day ban, a 3 day ban, a 7 day ban and now a 14 day ban IN A NORMAL CASE. If Riot decided to bump you past any of these steps than that means you were incredibly toxic and received an average of reports per 20 or 100 games that was much higher than not only the average player, but the average punished player.

swan2swan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

Are you back?

There was a word in the third game that I would have hit "punish" for, and you were quite rude in the fourth. The first two were fine, though. Perk up the attitude, hit the fields again, and keep a civil tongue! ^_^

iatre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swan2swan View Post
The first two were fine, though.
They most certainly were not! He started harassing and threatening to report his support because he didn't like one of his summoner spells. This is NOT acceptable behavior, and I'm really confused as to why you would think it's ok.

I main support, and if my adc was abusing me like that before minions even spawn, I'd ignore him at a minimum, and if it was bad enough (and in a normal game), I'd be tempted to just disconnect rather than face 30+ minutes of harassment.

AlexDnD2

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearhisfaces View Post
a 14 day ban isnt made for a first time offense. There has clearly been some issues regarding this account prior to this series of reporting.

What people like you need to take into account is that this game and online gaming in general (even offline multiplayer games) is not meant for YOU. It is everyone's game. To get frustrated at things like the summoner spells people choose or the build they choose or the lane they choose is none of your business to be honest. If it gets to the point where these people are purposely trolling and ruining your fun by feeding or purposely having you killed (ie, singed flips full health shaco over his shoulders onto you at 5%hp then he runs away) then the best bet is to stay cool, keep your mouth shut (obviously an issue with you) and after game throw a report their way.

Multiplayer gaming is not meant to cater to YOU. It's for US. Once you accept that fact, and grow up, maybe you'll enjoy your time here.

Until then, go play minesweeper.
Crying care bear cries.

Disgruntler

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDnD2 View Post
Crying care bear cries.

A bleeding heart is better than bleeding rage tears of sadness and failure, and doesn't get their toys taken away for being unworthy of human interaction.

@OP:

As noted previously: Your first game is pretty good. You spent time actually trying to mitigate the rage and frankly, that's a great thing to do, however I see signs of a habit that tends to erupt in other games.

Game 2, you start by ripping into your support. Now, don't get me wrong, that support built horribad. But you can't lay into him the entire match like you did. And you can't threaten people with reports to make them obey you--that IS a form of harassment, and Riot has said multiple times it's hella bannable.

Games 3 and 4 I won't discuss, it's been covered already, but what I see in your games is a disturbing trend, and this is why you're in the position you're in.

You have this habit of being very antagonistic towards your team if something doesn't go your way. Even game 1 has moments where you're looking to blame others. You spend a lot of time trying to determine who is responsible for the nexus falling--before it's even fallen. You give up on your team way too early, and you are WAY too eager to see people get tribunalled for it. You don't recognize that your own negativity and inability to suck-it-up and win anyways is what contributes to these losses.

You DO try to use reports to bully other players, and it's not an effective way of delivering criticism. Instead of saying 'Report Taric for going ignite/gp10' recognize that won't teach him a damn thing anyways. Maybe he doesn't understand -why- supports go 0cs. Maybe he doesn't grok the role, and is inexperienced with it.

People can take criticism, but they don't have to take you being a jerk about it. And 'I'm delivering criticism' is NOT an excuse to be a jerk. You can deliver criticism in more civil ways, and you need to learn how to do that, or you need to just stfu and win your game. Ward yourself if you have to. Make up for his shortcomings. You can't badger ANYONE into playing better, so don't even try to do that. Be more diplomatic. Learn how to communicate effectively.

The chat is for communication. Venting is NOT communication.