A public appeal should be made.

Yes. 17 20.00%
No. 50 58.82%
I don't care. 18 21.18%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Why did I get a 14 day ban because of this?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChrisPardave

10-23-2012

If you can't handle strong criticism which is what I was giving my teammates because I felt like it was the motivation they needed to step their game up then why are you playing any sort of competitive game in the first place?

ChrisPardave

10-23-2012

If you can't handle strong criticism which is what I was giving my teammates because I felt like it was the motivation they needed to step their game up then why are you playing any sort of competitive game in the first place?

Mouse Crouse

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPardave View Post
Check game 4, this is a perfect example of how adults should not treat each other. It's not constructive and doesn't help anyone improve.

Triska

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPardave View Post
Once I had a random guy tell me I should build Nashor's Tooth on Warwick. I don't take advice from people ingame because I'd prefer to get my advice from reputable sources like my higher ELO friends, my ranked team, pro players, etc, rather than some random guy.

C000kiemonstar

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnfnrf View Post
Game 1: You were victim of a failcomp, and handled it reasonably. I would have given up on the discussion earlier, but you kept it civil. Nothing punishable.

Game 2: You threaten to report Taric at less than a minute in for choosing different Summoner Spells than you would. Things gradually go downhill from there. Not necessarily a punish on its own, but I'm paying more attention now.

Game 3: You did say you were throwing the game, and also started blatantly insulting your teammates around the same time, including in allchat. I'm about ready to click punish now.

Game 4: Another report threat in the first minutes of the game for build quality. In the Tribunal, I would stop right here (if I didn't hit punish at the end of game 3) but I'll keep going for purposes of the thread. And look, more insults and general crabbiness.

So, why were you punished? If I were voting, it would be because you insulted your teammates in games 3 and 4, and threatened to report your teammates because they didn't build the way you wanted them to in games 2 and 4.

Game 4 makes sense for the punish

nennx

10-23-2012

you're pretty annoying but honestly you shouldn't be banned for being annoying

lose game = get reported. best bet is to just not talk when you're losing a game (and having a bad game) and hopefully the people looking at tribunal will notice you basically said nothing and will hit the pardon button

ChrisPardave

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nennx View Post
you're pretty annoying but honestly you shouldn't be banned for being annoying

lose game = get reported. best bet is to just not talk when you're losing a game (and having a bad game) and hopefully the people looking at tribunal will notice you basically said nothing and will hit the pardon button
yeah, thats what i've been trying to do man.

AscKevinDaBeast

10-23-2012

still? dude you deserved it being annoying and insulting your team mates. stop trying to act like you're 100% innocent, just admit it and move along i'm sorry but stop being so indenial about it.

ChrisPardave

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AscKevinDaBeast View Post
still? dude you deserved it being annoying and insulting your team mates. stop trying to act like you're 100% innocent, just admit it and move along i'm sorry but stop being so indenial about it.

Being in denial about what? The only case I agree with was case 4. I was having a bad day, and took it out on my team which i shouldn't have, and I know it was wrong. But the other 3 cases I do not believe I should've been punished for.

PickleJuice88

10-23-2012

if you basically dont say anything you can be reported still for not communicating with the team though..

the tribunal/ban **** is in the way and is broken.. theres no way you can tell me yours OR mine makes sense

i go 26-3 katarina.. stil get reported. and banned