Constructive Criticism towards ban

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valera

12-12-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../6034572/#nogo

To start, I have been banned before for harassment of which i will admit I was wrong and was raging/harassing other players. But from these cases I really cannot discern a suitable reason for a ban. Game 2 was a legitimate report because I had also played the with the guy before and he did not like how I played and therefore took it against me personally. I am trying to improve my behavior, even after reporting/ignoring there are only so many steps you can take to avoid reports. If you never talk you get reported for harassment, if you make a single mistake your entire team yells and rages and then they report YOU because they believe it is your fault. Most of these reports are from someone who had an argument with me and kept it as a personal grudge. I am really looking for constructive help as to avoid this because this is a week ban and I cannot seem to get away from the people who yell and rage.

tl:dr Ignore them, reported for not communcating, report for harass, its my fault in the first place, make a mistake, intentional feeder. Please help

Valera

12-12-2012

Also in the first game as Diana, the other team's Vayne was being reported by everyone as she was feeding and in the 3rd last line, calling people obscene names, and I was then reported by her for reporting her. How is that a fair report?

Great Pyrenees

12-12-2012

Hi there, I took some time and did you a favor in reviewing your case for you.
In Game 1 Innocent.
In Game 2 "Hes useless, feeding everywhere, this regar trying to make other team win, /all report rengar, F*** Off, gg report rengar, f***ing stupid, not gg, report rengar, ur a moron, you guys are smart morons, stfu, " The funny thing is Rengar didnt have that bad of a score.
Because you did these things and broke the summoner’s code you do deserve this punishment. LoL is a free game and we have to sign a EULA saying we will follow the summoner’s code in order to play. If you have any questions on how the tribunal works please take a look at my guide in the guides section.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2852824
After a punishment like you received a player does not need to worry about previous reports. You now have a clean slate! However I recommend relaxing a bit and play some beginner bots. Who knows you may make some new friends and help people learn the game. I believe in you and know you can return to us a more positive member of the community. Take care and good luck my friend =)

Getsuei

12-12-2012

Game 2, telling someone you are going to report them holds no purpose and just tends to make the game a cespool for future talk. Now, you said you was going to report Rengar 6 times. That is a tad bit excessive. You also tried to garner reports from the enemy team to report him. Feeding is apparently 4 kills in an entire game. Add in negativity, cursing at the enemy in a negative way. You realized that you was going to get in trouble by your words, agreed with Karthus on it, and wonder why someone hit punish on your case? Don't forget to add in bad sportsmanship with the "no gg" and the contanst harrasment against Rengar.

Game 3: Saying you were going to report people 7 times. You also harrassed this game.

Edit: That is why I would have punished you.

Getsuei

12-12-2012

Great Pyre, you really should refrain from telling individuals to play beginner bots. I understand it is meant in a nice way but it comes across as a degrading comment. It may add in a little bit of time played to lower a ban but overall people have to learn and improve on why they have been banned, not just add in some bot games for more play time.

Just trying to be friendly, no offence meant =)

Valera

12-12-2012

Even still, with just a single of the 5 games being actually reportable, and even still by 1 person. Is an entire ban for a single game really necessary, why not use that ONE game in the case and wait for more cases to pop up? I feel that one game in the group of the rest which are innocent makes that one anomaly slightly invalid or rare.

Also in game 3, yes at the beginning me saying the moronic line was wrong, but the entire rest of the game was me attempting to control the rage and anger of the other 3 people on our team... with Elise raging telling us all we suck it was compounding worse, TF saying hes going to afk and leave, in an attempt to control rage and help the team actually play, I am accused of harassing. I just dont see the logic in the game 3 report.

Game 2 as i said above was a worthy report.

Edit: Also its hard to play relaxed when everyone gets so angry at a simple mistake or a simple move made by another player, a simple move can make an entire team compound into an anger fueled argument which spirals into leaving/afking/reporting, how can anyone expect to win or enjoy games when this happens

Great Pyrenees

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getsuei View Post
Great Pyre, you really should refrain from telling individuals to play beginner bots. I understand it is meant in a nice way but it comes across as a degrading comment. It may add in a little bit of time played to lower a ban but overall people have to learn and improve on why they have been banned, not just add in some bot games for more play time.

Just trying to be friendly, no offence meant =)
No offense taken friend. Well if people really feel this way then I will stop. I mean I almost have 1700 beg bot wins so as you can tell I love beg bots. Its more of a thing I love so I reccomend you know? Still I dont want to be offensive you really think I should change?

Getsuei

12-12-2012

I love playing against bots also, it is a place I get to recommended on peoples builds without them taking offence. I have around 1100ish wins against them. I don't believe you should change, you give alot of helpful advice. But since it is in your personal guide already there is no reason to state it twice. So with that I would remove it from peoples individual reform comments and just leave it in your guide.

Great Pyrenees

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkStroganoff View Post
Even still, with just a single of the 5 games being actually reportable, and even still by 1 person. Is an entire ban for a single game really necessary, why not use that ONE game in the case and wait for more cases to pop up? I feel that one game in the group of the rest which are innocent makes that one anomaly slightly invalid or rare.

Also in game 3, yes at the beginning me saying the moronic line was wrong, but the entire rest of the game was me attempting to control the rage and anger of the other 3 people on our team... with Elise raging telling us all we suck it was compounding worse, TF saying hes going to afk and leave, in an attempt to control rage and help the team actually play, I am accused of harassing. I just dont see the logic in the game 3 report.

Game 2 as i said above was a worthy report.

Edit: Also its hard to play relaxed when everyone gets so angry at a simple mistake or a simple move made by another player, a simple move can make an entire team compound into an anger fueled argument which spirals into leaving/afking/reporting, how can anyone expect to win or enjoy games when this happens
Hey man i know exactly how you feel. But 1 bad game and 1 report are all it takes. I know seems a little harsh. Well I mean this is the 1 bad game we saw, because it actually takes many reports to face the tribunal. But you know what I am saying. At least you will have a fresh start now!

Valera

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pyrenees View Post
Hey man i know exactly how you feel. But 1 bad game and 1 report are all it takes. I know seems a little harsh. Well I mean this is the 1 bad game we saw, because it actually takes many reports to face the tribunal. But you know what I am saying. At least you will have a fresh start now!
But even still, I still run into the problem of coming across these people and I have no way of facing them. Ignoring them makes me seem like I'm refusing to help, they can yell at you and if you make any remarks back it is an immediate report, there is no way you can logically avoid these trolls or incredibly angry people without coming out negatively or with a report. If they are in a bad mood or you lose, there just isn't anyway to avoid it. It's not so much the fresh start I am worried about, because I know just like game 1 or game 5, I will reported for innocence, and talking to friends and polling as many people as I could ( college campus with massive league of legends population ), MOST people just go onto the tribunal, click ban, and max out their cases for the IP, and really don't care too much about whoever it is. I am losing faith in the tribunal and with RIOT's ability to control it, I have seen cases get banned where it is an absolute atrocity being committed by other players, but they report the guy who did nothing and he is banned. I am slowly succumbing to the fact that from 1600 ELO and below, there are so many negative people and trolls, the community is in "troll hell".