Helping Friend understand the Tribunal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Excrempus

12-13-2012

I have a friend who got banned yesterday and after looking at his Reform card and explaining why he was banned for raging at team mates at least 1 leave and a few racial slurs he still doesn't understand why he was banned can you guys give reasons as well so I can show him this thread.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/6037104/

LawGiver500

12-13-2012

To help your friend understand ask him a few simple questions

1) if the rolls were reversed and he were doing poorly would he want someone treating him in that fashion, or if he were face to face with someone that could easily win in a fight with him would he still be so colorful with his insults?

Reets

12-13-2012

From what I see, your friend is very negative in every game they play. They also tend to accuse players of cheating most likely because they didn't understand what happened in the situation. Adding bad language to the mix really doesn't help their case either.

I think that your friend would be able to enjoy playing more if they were to look at games with LoL Replay to understand what happened in the situations they didn't understand. Of course they should hold off on calling players hackers until they actually have something to back up their argument first.

I presume that everyone knows how much an argument affects the turnout of games as well as game experience. I always make an effort to prevent or stop arguments from emerging within the games I play because I'd like to have a better chance at winning and be able to enjoy playing whether I win or lose.

Excrempus

12-13-2012

Thanks for the advice so far hopefully seeing other people advice will help him out. When I've played with him he limits his rating to over skype. So when it gets to much I just mute Skype and play normally.

LawGiver500

12-13-2012

Excrempus I find that people that rage tend to have dehumanize the people they play with. By dehumanizing I am talking about a social disconnect. For example your friend limits his raging with you on skype because he has a social connection with you. This is not the case with people he is in game with. Getting him to understand that his actions are hurtful and come with consequences is the key to him reforming.

Some tools for helping him connect with others in game is to start each game with a joke or something non LoL related. Some of my friends ask who are....My little pony fans, some ask about sports and so on. Finding a commonality allows for a person to create a quick connection and humanize people they play with.

Reets

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excrempus View Post
Thanks for the advice so far hopefully seeing other people advice will help him out. When I've played with him he limits his rating to over skype. So when it gets to much I just mute Skype and play normally.
I understand how it is and It's better to help the person out other than ignoring them all together.

I had some trouble keeping my cool a while ago and I've found that turning the "All Chat" off in game really helps. After I turned that feature off I found myself enjoying the game much more and therefore winning more games. After a while of having it off and you see a change in the attitude while in game, you can try having it on again to see how much progress has been made. I did all of that and now I play every game with the chat on and I am able to enjoy any game I play that doesn't have a Teemo in it haha.

Excrempus

12-13-2012

Yeah I understand that thanks a lot for helping LawGiver500.

LawGiver500

12-13-2012

np

Disgruntler

12-13-2012

'They ban you for being an ******. See these racial slurs and such? That's you. Being an ******. No, don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about. Don't be That Guy.'

LawGiver500

12-13-2012

Disgruntler He like everyone else has the right to Anonymity we have no proof whether it is him or not acting that way however we can give advice based on what he has given us. In the end does it matter whether the person in the case file is him or not as long as the offender learns why their actions warranted punishment?