Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Should Riot, Tweak The Items Before Introducing them?

No 6 26.09%
Yes, way OP, Don't nerf characters because of Items. 12 52.17%
I don't care, whatever 3 13.04%
Maybe, 4 17.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters 23 .

New Exclusive Items make 4 Champions OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaita Shouhen

10-23-2012

If you scroll down in this link about 75% you can see a bit of new exclusive items to Treeline, now before you comment on me calling me a noob or whatever, Take a look at these items...

Link - Here if you would like to check the new stuff, http://www.surrenderat20.net/2012/10/10-17-pbe-update-shadow-isles-patch.html

Kog'maw

Brand

Teemo

Elise

All of these champions do exceptional damage over time and in HP% with selective ability's and passives, with the new Items these champions are going to be WAY beyond any normal limit of OP, Don't get me wrong there very squishy but I dread any team comp that has 3 of them.

Blackfire Torch: +50 Ability Power +300 Health +350 Mana UNIQUE Passive: Your spells burn for an additional 5% of the target's maximum Health in magic damage over 3 seconds (effect halved for AoE). Cost: 3188. Recipe: Kage's Lucky Pick + Catalyst.

Blade of the Ruined King: +40 Attack Damage +10% Life Steal
UNIQUE Passive: Your attacks deal 4% of the target's current health in magic damage and heals you for half the amount (120 max vs. minions).
UNIQUE Active: Drains target champion, dealing 150 physical damage plus 50% of your attack damage and healing you by the same amount. Additionally, you steal 30% of their movement speed for 2 seconds - 60 second cooldown. Cost: 3153. Builds out of
Bilgewater Cutlass

Ichor of Illumination: Click to Consume: Grants 30-64 Ability Power based on champion level, 15% Cooldown Reduction, and a huge boost to mana and energy regeneration for 4 minutes. Cost: 2048

Ichor of Rage: Click to Consume: Grants 20-42 Attack Damage (based on champion level), 20-42% Attack Speed (based on champion level), and 15% increased damage to Turrets for 4 minutes. Cost: 2040

Lord Van Damm's Pillager: +40 Attack Damage +350 Health UNIQUE Passive: +10% Cooldown Reduction UNIQUE Passive: +25 Armor Penetration UNIQUE Passive: +15% Spell Vamp Cost: 3104. Recipe: Heart of Gold + Brutilzer

Overlord's Bloodmail: +850 Health UNIQUE Passive: On kill or assist, gain 200 HP over 5 seconds. Cost: 3084. Recipe: Giants Belt + Ruby Crystal

Soulsight Lantern: +23 Attack Damage +30 Armor +12% Life Steal UNIQUE Passive: Your basic attacks against minions and monsters have a 20% chance to deal 425 bonus magic damage. UNIQUE Active: A stealth-detecting mist grants vision in the target area for 10 seconds (1 minute cooldown). Cost: 3159. Recipe: Vamp Scepter + Madred's Razors

Wicked Hatchet: +20 Attack Damage +18% Critical Strike Chance UNIQUE Passive: Your basic attacks inflict Grievous Wounds on enemy champions, causing 50% reduced healing and regeneration for 1.5 seconds. Cost: 3122. Cloak of Agility + Long Sword

Wooglet's Witchcap: +80 Ability Power UNIQUE Passive: +10% Movement Speed UNIQUE Passive: Increases Ability Power by 25% Cost: 3090. Builds out of a Needlessly Large Rod.

Anyone of these items would make all most any champion over powered but I would consider reducing the

Riot nerfs because champions are OP, MY MAIN CONCERN IS WILL THEY NERF THEM BECAUSE OF THE NEW ITEMS MAKE THEM BEYOND OP!?!?! Ahh well lets hope not but this is riot. expect nerfs or tweaks. buy zombie brand

fiddlesticksssss

10-23-2012

Riot doesn't base champ nerfs on maps outside of summoners rift. However Nome said that blackfire and van dam do need something, but he doesn't know what exactly to do yet.

Kaita Shouhen

10-23-2012

Quote:
fiddlesticksssss:
Riot doesn't base champ nerfs on maps outside of summoners rift. However Nome said that blackfire and van dam do need something, but he doesn't know what exactly to do yet.
I think they need to down scale "ALL" the items at the current rate every match would last no more than 20minutes.

If you ended up getting the correct build from being fed earlier game which will be nuts. I understood they wanted shorter matches but with this I think they broke the barrier. I'm okay with the new map but I like all the changes just don't think the items are ready with some minor tweaks. either way I can't wait for this map to be released.

trex5005

10-25-2012

These aren't op, riot is just adding these items to shift the TT meta of only bruisers and tanks. And honestly some items like Lord Van Damm's pillager actually give me hope for ad casters and assassins. I like them

Strixie

10-25-2012

Quote:
Riot doesn't base champ nerfs on maps outside of summoners rift.

Quite true. Riot only cares about SR, its where the championships are and the serious PvP. They've just made TT a fun little game to tinker around on like Dominion. I wouldn't worry about them nerfing champions based on TT items, just like they don't nerf them based off of dominion items.