Comparing Replacing the new TT, or just adding it as a new map.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xMistressAthenax

10-22-2012

This is just a 2 cents post to Riot, who I hope looks at this. Comparing and weighing in the factors of replacing the new map, or just adding it as a new choice.

Lets Compare.

You have a new map, one which is vastly different from the original counterpart. On average, when things drastically differ, you'll get alot of people who love it, and alot who hate it. This is very important when deciding to greatly alter anything. So much so you may lose more than you gain in the long run.

Lets consider the players who havnt even played LoL yet, now there is no way to know these statistics, but I'll bet if you replace TT with the new map, there will be players who dont like LoL and stop playing, as compared to if you still had TT..

My basis? Off of the strong feelings I myself have, and others when faced with this new map. I love 3v3, its what I play 95% of the time, if I end up hating this new map, I am gone.. period.

But those are smaller scale %'s, so lets talk about a more mass majority.

Choice:

Choices make a difference, Not everyone is the same, and I'm sure both sides can argue till their blue why the new map should or should not replace the new TT, however, as a business stand point, it would be logical, and wise to simply add the new map as an alternate choice.

The reason for this is because its so vastly different, for all I know it may grow on me, perhaps.. But I'll always still want the old TT, simply because of the difference in how it plays. The new map is more hybrid Dominion/3v3, and while cool, and alot of neat changes, its vastly different. Choices matter, and when players feel they have good choices (god only knows you have more than enough mass choices of champion selections), the happier the players are generally.

Business Sense 101:

Keeping in line with the business sense, it would also make sense to keep ahead of the game, now most moba games have what? 2 maps? If even that. Some only have 1. However, you could have 3, and you could capitalize on that when promoting your game.

"League of Legends a tactical and strategic based moba game, which has over 50 champions to choose from, and 3 game mods, with 3 maps.

3v3, 5v5, and Dominion, Twisted Treeline, Summoner's Rift, and even a hybrid map of Dominion and 3v3, [Map Name Here] "

By expanding on your maps, and allowing all 3 to exist, your gaining much more and losing nothing.

fiddlesticksssss

10-22-2012

Map name so far is shadow isle. Honestly there isn't a real reason to not keep old TT as a normal and make shadow isle a normal/ranked. No one argues against it other than "it will split up the community", but it won't split up rank where it really matters. So as far as i see there is no reason to not keep it.

Desocupado

10-23-2012

And proving ground, so it should have 5 maps.

SaveTheMaids

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticksssss View Post
Map name so far is shadow isle. Honestly there isn't a real reason to not keep old TT as a normal and make shadow isle a normal/ranked. No one argues against it other than "it will split up the community", but it won't split up rank where it really matters. So as far as i see there is no reason to not keep it.
It would be really nice if they did this.

The new map seems interesting, but I don't think it should replace TT.

fiddlesticksssss

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveTheMaids View Post
It would be really nice if they did this.

The new map seems interesting, but I don't think it should replace TT.
If Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill stand by what they said in a interview honestly it should happen. Its that or they are hypocrites and don't give 2 ****s about the community.

Venova

10-23-2012

old TT should stay as a custom game option, new TT for matchmaking

Srocchi

10-30-2012

The old TT should still have it's normal/ranked queues, and the new one should just be added as a normal queue, then, ranked, in the near future.

Replacing is a VERY BAD IDEA!

YeahBabyGetSome

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmistressathenax View Post
this is just a 2 cents post to riot, who i hope looks at this. Comparing and weighing in the factors of replacing the new map, or just adding it as a new choice.

Lets compare.

You have a new map, one which is vastly different from the original counterpart. On average, when things drastically differ, you'll get alot of people who love it, and alot who hate it. This is very important when deciding to greatly alter anything. So much so you may lose more than you gain in the long run.

Lets consider the players who havnt even played lol yet, now there is no way to know these statistics, but i'll bet if you replace tt with the new map, there will be players who dont like lol and stop playing, as compared to if you still had tt..

My basis? Off of the strong feelings i myself have, and others when faced with this new map. I love 3v3, its what i play 95% of the time, if i end up hating this new map, i am gone.. Period.

But those are smaller scale %'s, so lets talk about a more mass majority.

Choice:

Choices make a difference, not everyone is the same, and i'm sure both sides can argue till their blue why the new map should or should not replace the new tt, however, as a business stand point, it would be logical, and wise to simply add the new map as an alternate choice.

The reason for this is because its so vastly different, for all i know it may grow on me, perhaps.. But i'll always still want the old tt, simply because of the difference in how it plays. The new map is more hybrid dominion/3v3, and while cool, and alot of neat changes, its vastly different. Choices matter, and when players feel they have good choices (god only knows you have more than enough mass choices of champion selections), the happier the players are generally.

Business sense 101:

Keeping in line with the business sense, it would also make sense to keep ahead of the game, now most moba games have what? 2 maps? If even that. Some only have 1. However, you could have 3, and you could capitalize on that when promoting your game.

"league of legends a tactical and strategic based moba game, which has over 50 champions to choose from, and 3 game mods, with 3 maps.

3v3, 5v5, and dominion, twisted treeline, summoner's rift, and even a hybrid map of dominion and 3v3, [map name here] "

by expanding on your maps, and allowing all 3 to exist, your gaining much more and losing nothing.

new tt sucks! Old tt ftw! Give it back to us riot! B/C of this new change you made I have lost a lot of my 3v3 buddies! They quit and moved on to a new game b/c of this! and myself....GG