Rinoa's WCG Grand Finals Day 1 Wrapup

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rinoa

eSports Coordinator

09-30-2010
1 of 5 Riot Posts

Hey everyone! I just got back from a very long and exciting day. I already touched base on the beginning of the day so I'll jump right into the second half! Today was more of a casual day after the initial setup and opening ceremonies.

We had several League of Legends fans show up at the booth today to play some games and hang out. The Lima Beans vs. Guinsoo grudge match went down tonight but unfortunately I don't know the result because I wasn't there to see it.

I watched a professional Warcraft 3 match with the USA team --- Counter-Logic Gaming. Ted, a famous player from China was playing against Russian player Happy. It was undead mirror, I expected Ted to win but Happy played almost flawlessly and took the map. After that I did a couple of mini video interviews, first of the SEA team Another Story followed by CLG.

Then came the time to bring all of the WCG LoL competitors over to the Riot office in Culver City. I had the pleasure of driving HotshotGG and Elementz of team CLG in my car, hotshot just fell asleep and Elementz bugged me the whole way (as usual!) The teams got to take a tour around the office to get a feel of the environment as well as take part in discussions with some of the designers: Morello, Zileas and David.

After everyone worked their brains for an hour or so it was dinner time! We took everyone to a Mexican restaurant in Santa Monica called El Locho. It was tasty, so tasty that everyone fell into food coma short after. We drove all the players back safely to their hotels and now I'm back in my humble abode awaiting tomorrow's antics. Stay tuned for more coverage everyone!

Attached is just a couple of random pictures I took. First is me stylin' in my new Riot Games polo and the second is SleepshotGG...err HotshotGG (he's going to kill me) Stay tuned for more photos taken by Nikasaur at the venue!

háani

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2010

Wish I could be there. Almost made it, but school got in the way x[

C00LST0RYBR0

09-30-2010

Powernap.

Nhat Nguyen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2010

day 2 write up needs to come sooner!

edit: "I can't wait for the day 2 write up. I wish it would come sooner (even though day 2 has not happened yet - this means you are doing a great job and I would like to see more of this good stuff)."

Frozt

The Council

09-30-2010

Nice coverage. Anything from the other three teams? O.o

Rinoa

eSports Coordinator

09-30-2010
2 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Corgan View Post
what? it hasn't even happened yet ._.

Frozt

The Council

09-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Corgan View Post
Smart man.. :P

looney

09-30-2010

So are the group matches supposed to start after 7-8 hours?
And are they going to be streamed somewhere and where?

Also give more photos

Udyr

eCommerce Manager

Follow Udyr on Twitter

09-30-2010
3 of 5 Riot Posts

El Locho...lolz.

You haven't been in LA long enough Rinoa

Nhat Nguyen

09-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
what? it hasn't even happened yet ._.
anticipation T_T