To Dodge or Not to Dodge

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grollm

10-25-2012

So, my elo has gotten so low that I do not know what to do. You know those games where you know at champ select you are just gonna lose? Like for example you have a Teemo top, Veigar mid, Fiddle Jungle, Soraka and Tristana bot. I used to play those games. Not anymore, if my team has a ****ty composition or if I'm stuck supporting a terrible adc I will not queue, I am just going to dodge. The problem is none of my friends will duo with me because my elo is so low, so I am forced to solo queue. I know servers reset soon, but it's a soft reset so I will still be playing with the same baddies when the elo resets. Any advice? I know that I need to play a carry role in order to dig myself out of this hole and only go bot (either adc or support) if I know that my lane partner is good. The only thing I can think to do is be very selective of the games I play and play a carry role and only support if I know that my adc is good. Anything you guys can give would be much appreciated.

t0ad5

10-25-2012

Dodge > playing a clear loss.

Hope they improve the mechanics soon as they tend to punish the wrong people.

O Pumpkin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

You say the same baddies but you are also in that que

Shivannah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

I say Dodge...... Some people like LOL, and because they are level 30 they want to try ranked, but they don't understand how the game/characters work. So they will never pick the right champs for that peticular team. JUST DODGE. I wish there was a ranked training center or a better way of learning who to pick for your team (you know... better that getting yelled at or harassed by your own teammates) LOL_(Lot's Of Love)

Energetic

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grollm View Post
So, my elo has gotten so low that I do not know what to do. You know those games where you know at champ select you are just gonna lose? Like for example you have a Teemo top, Veigar mid, Fiddle Jungle, Soraka and Tristana bot. I used to play those games. Not anymore, if my team has a ****ty composition or if I'm stuck supporting a terrible adc I will not queue, I am just going to dodge. The problem is none of my friends will duo with me because my elo is so low, so I am forced to solo queue. I know servers reset soon, but it's a soft reset so I will still be playing with the same baddies when the elo resets. Any advice? I know that I need to play a carry role in order to dig myself out of this hole and only go bot (either adc or support) if I know that my lane partner is good. The only thing I can think to do is be very selective of the games I play and play a carry role and only support if I know that my adc is good. Anything you guys can give would be much appreciated.

This is exactly why you deserve to be in that Elo range. How can one determine ones skill level by merely predicting it? You can't. I can tell you're the type of person that blames your entire team when you lose. This is why you deserve to be in this "elo hell".

You cannot determine out comes of matches simply by determining it through team comp , because you have no idea what the skill level of the other team really is. Do you determine your enemies skill in a champion select? I bet not, you only focus on your team.

'I know servers reset soon, but it's a soft reset so I will still be playing with the same baddies when the elo resets". By saying this you're saying that everyone you play with is below you in skill level. (If this is so true then you wouldn't be at your current elo.) That attitude is what loses games. If you go into a game expecting to lose it's more likely you will.

I can bet you your entire team will say the exact same thing about you in their heads too. Which is exactly why everyone at that Elo is destined to stay there. When you dodge a game just because you THINK your team sucks, just shows us that you're never leaving this Elo. Hint: If you're so pro, you wouldn't call a support a "carry role". What I did to get my Elo up was played Jungle, or Mid. Because (in my opinion) those roles determine out comes of games DEPENDING ON if you know what you're doing.

Overall the way you are making it seem and/or the way you are talking about every team you get, truly is what is wrong with the lower elo.

Grollm

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaming Sunlight View Post
This is exactly why you deserve to be in that Elo range. How can one determine ones skill level by merely predicting it? You can't. I can tell you're the type of person that blames your entire team when you lose. This is why you deserve to be in this "elo hell".

You cannot determine out comes of matches simply by determining it through team comp , because you have no idea what the skill level of the other team really is. Do you determine your enemies skill in a champion select? I bet not, you only focus on your team.

'I know servers reset soon, but it's a soft reset so I will still be playing with the same baddies when the elo resets". By saying this you're saying that everyone you play with is below you in skill level. (If this is so true then you wouldn't be at your current elo.) That attitude is what loses games. If you go into a game expecting to lose it's more likely you will.

I can bet you your entire team will say the exact same thing about you in their heads too. Which is exactly why everyone at that Elo is destined to stay there. When you dodge a game just because you THINK your team sucks, just shows us that you're never leaving this Elo. Hint: If you're so pro, you wouldn't call a support a "carry role". What I did to get my Elo up was played Jungle, or Mid. Because (in my opinion) those roles determine out comes of games DEPENDING ON if you know what you're doing.

Overall the way you are making it seem and/or the way you are talking about every team you get, truly is what is wrong with the lower elo.
At no point did I say I was "pro" Also learn how to read. I didn't call support a carry role, I said that I was going to play a carry role ie, solo top, mid, jungle. The reason I am at the current elo I am is for 2 reasons. One I started ranked way too early before I was ready. I am a much better player, but I solo queued as a support and unless your team is good you aren't going to have much an impact on the game.

Grollm

10-25-2012

Also, talking about "pro"your elo is 1151 and you're bragging like you're in a good position. You are mediocre bro. Yeah I'm in a bad spot elo-wise but don't talk to me like you're so much better when in fact my girlfriend who just made 30 a few weeks ago has the same elo as you.

Energetic

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grollm View Post
Also, talking about "pro"your elo is 1151 and you're bragging like you're in a good position. You are mediocre bro. Yeah I'm in a bad spot elo-wise but don't talk to me like you're so much better when in fact my girlfriend who just made 30 a few weeks ago has the same elo as you.

This doesn't explain anything? My elo was 700 2 weeks ago because I had that same attitude you have, once I changed it I won over 45/60 games. Not once did I say I had a "pro elo" either, now did I?

Erfroren

10-25-2012

Grollm,

Ignore Beam. People who never had to deal with Elo hell don't understand it. Honestly, playing a support solo queue is silly. But grats for trying it. I agree that you should dodge when your team is four adc and you as Soraka, no matter what Beam says.

That's because Ranked can be summarized as "The Pursuit of Perfection". You want to nail every skillshot, use every cc skill at exactly the right time, be Maknoon, or someone. There is a very good reason why an _easily_ definable pattern has emerged in pro play with, at its basest level, a Solo top Bruiser/Offtank/Tank, Mid Ap Carry, Jungle doom-sandwich, and bot adc/supp. This is what you can expect from an enemy team in ranked, no matter the Elo. Sometimes you get lucky, but most often not.

So dodge. Avoid the obvious losses where your team has no Idea what they're doing and win some games with Fiddle or lolcakes Udyr.

Hell, just hit me up sometime and I'll duo with you for a game or two. I got nothing to lose with the resets and how I only play ranked for funsies usually, trying retarded strategies once a week with a few friends. (MId/High Elo Ranked Players have an even harder time than usual wrapping their head around Heimer/Zyra/Nunu/Sona/Rammus trundling down mid in a silly starcraft seige push.)

Best of Luck. =D

Grollm

10-25-2012

I would love to Erforen. We also have a 5s ranked team that's like 1200. it's not great, but it's better than my solo/duo queue haha. Ill add you when I get home.