Arch-rivalry affecting matches.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

I know I will get a down vote for this, but I disagree.

I don't want a team to be forced to play a character so that they can get a buff. A secret passive is ok, but something to the scale of Rengar and Khazix makes me feel as if Riot wants to force people to pick Rengar to go against Khazix, and this could even lead to someone not picking a champion they enjoy so that they don't risk giving the other team a massive buff. I think a character based miniquest will wreck the team comps. I would love some Lore based gameplay, but I think its best to limit it to maps or special event games.

Noggin Punch

10-26-2012

Why not, geo? I see where you're coming from, but people at the moment already do that exact thing, play characters they don't want to to counter enemies.

Zyorhist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geokhan View Post

I don't want a team to be forced to play a character so that they can get a buff. A secret passive is ok, but something to the scale of Rengar and Khazix makes me feel as if Riot wants to force people to pick Rengar to go against Khazix, and this could even lead to someone not picking a champion they enjoy so that they don't risk giving the other team a massive buff. I think a character based miniquest will wreck the team comps. I would love some Lore based gameplay, but I think its best to limit it to maps or special event games.

Not to call you out on the carpet or anything but I want t o know how this is any different than your standard counterpicking. When your enemy team has soraka and cait, you know that the obvious counter pick is blitz. So what is wrong with having a counter for rengar/kha...etc etc...

Summoner Abyss

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geokhan View Post

Also these things would only work in normal or custom games, ranks games are not effected by easter egg or lore buffs

TheNarvalOfDeath

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeganaut64 View Post
No see the point is to NOT change what isnt broken. Exact same Summoners Rift, but different themes. Winter, Harrowing, Noxus, Demacia, Bilgewater (Baron with a pirate hat?!?), Ionia, Zaun etc etc. I think that would be the best way to go about it.

Treat it like football fields. Each "team" has their own but they are all basically the same layout.
This would be great but i dont see this coming because each version of the summoners rift is too heavy or something like that, that is why they removed the winter version in the first place (there was a massive poll to pick between the Winter version and the Spooky harrowing version i think), But anyways, they said that many versions of the same map would make the download of the game muuuch bigger or something like that

Wade Wils0n

10-28-2012

How has Swain vs. Jarven not been mentioned yet?

Falcodile

10-29-2012

I want a Warwick VS Soraka!, maybe that if he kills her after a number of lvls, he gets a buff that gives him her heart or something >

BEERS FOR FEARS

10-31-2012

Swain vs J4 would be awesome
Idk I think that would make games a lot more fun, and would open up opportunities for custom games too

TheNarvalOfDeath

11-01-2012

Probably would be better if this interactions would only take place on a special type of match, a new "lore match mode" or something like that would be awesome actually

Killchrono

11-01-2012

I'm all for this, but it'd have to be something 'minor', like the +10 gold if Zilean or Volibear kill each other, or the Kha'zix/Rengar interaction; something fun that gives you a nice buff, but nothing absolutely game breaking or that would force you to go out of the way for rivals to kill one another.

That said, I'm definitely more for cosmetic interactions like Voli's taunts and TF paying out Graves. I love those little rival interactions and vocal cues.