My Thoughts on Changes to the New TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phracture

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

I was a very active player of TT before this change, my team got to gold and stayed there. We knew how the game worked and enjoyed it even more than SR and Dom. I understand that to many of you this means nothing, I just want to state that I'm not chiming in without prior knowledge of TT and that I understand why many of the changes were made.

First off i would like to say that I don't think that new TT is bad unlike many people who used to play TT, I just think it is different and people feel the need to hate change.

I actually don't mind the capture points in TT, it brings an idea that was used in Dom but I don't believe that Riot is trying to make TT into a mini-Dom or trying to Dominionize TT. It merely adds more strategies to the gameplay and quickens the pace of the game. I also don't believe that the team that captures the points will win by snowballing because they are fairly easy to recapture, or at least capture 1 for your team and reduce the buff they get as a team.

The only changes that I believe need to be made to the new map are:

- Slightly nerf Vilemaw. - As a full build Yorick at 25 min I ulted and couldn't solo it. That's the equivalent of 2 Tanky DPS trying to take Vilemaw (2/3 of the team) and being unable. It typically requires an ace to know there is no opposition (which make you lose time to push during the short respawns) or 2 tanky DPS with a decent amount of lifesteal.

- Replace Speed Shrine with Red Buff - The speed shrine is near useless as there is no brush to try to juke using that temporary increase in speed like there is in Dom. Red buff however was the only way to make AD carries viable in TT as they could build damage and no FM or phage and still be able to kite opponents. Without red buff we are reducing the diversity of the Team Comps that could happen in TT. On another note this also reduces the jungler's presence as their ganks will be weaker with the lack of red buff.
-Alternatively - brush could be added near the tops and bottoms of the speed shrine to increase the usefulness and utility that the shrine has to offer.

Those are all my thoughts for now. If I have more I may come back and add an EDIT to the bottom to say my thoughts. If you agree or disagree with my thoughts or want to add something feel free to say so below, I'm open to discussion about TT and I may be wrong. But before ranting about my statements at least give me clear reasons so I can understand your point.

EDIT: Also I think that if they made wards that lasted maybe 60 or 120 seconds instead of the typical 180 seconds could be a good thing. There also seems to be a lack of walls that can be hopped over, which I understand was to reduce the need for blink champions. When compared SR map, the ratio of walls that can be hopped over is far more than the new TT. Doesn't this make the Twisted Treeline lose its 'twistedness'?

killamandude

10-22-2012

Remove shrines/alters, it makes tt seem like a joke. I want it to be taken more seriously not less. I also believe that by having alters spawn every 90 seconds and them being in the jungle it will force teams to build high aoe thus reducing diversity. Champions with high mobility will still be op since in a small map they will be able to gank often and quickly, especially with a speed shrine. replace speed with red add bushes and replaces alters with some other slightly less rewarding buff (white, green, anything) this will require them to be aware of the buff but not require a full jungle 3v3 fight every 90 seconds.(having that also removes the farming aspect of the game which is a key factor in lol, removing that removes skill required for it resulting in less respect for tt players.) it's looked down upon enough already, why make it worse?

Phracture

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

I wouldn't mind if the two alters were turned into green buff actually but i do understand that they were trying to create other smaller objectives in the map to control. I just feel that this was the wrong way to go about doing it. It takes away from the laning and tower pressure.

KoopaBlizzard

10-25-2012

After two games of it, I'm already sick of the new TT. It feels ruined to me, all of my fights happened mid, and the enemy teams(both mine and the enemy's) were just waiting for an ace to push the towers. I feel like it's changed from a lane game, to a middle, jungle, Dominion game. That's just wrong.

Brycearoni

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phracture View Post
I was a very active player of TT before this change, my team got to gold and stayed there. We knew how the game worked and enjoyed it even more than SR and Dom. I understand that to many of you this means nothing, I just want to state that I'm not chiming in without prior knowledge of TT and that I understand why many of the changes were made.

First off i would like to say that I don't think that new TT is bad unlike many people who used to play TT, I just think it is different and people feel the need to hate change.

I actually don't mind the capture points in TT, it brings an idea that was used in Dom but I don't believe that Riot is trying to make TT into a mini-Dom or trying to Dominionize TT. It merely adds more strategies to the gameplay and quickens the pace of the game. I also don't believe that the team that captures the points will win by snowballing because they are fairly easy to recapture, or at least capture 1 for your team and reduce the buff they get as a team.

The only changes that I believe need to be made to the new map are:

- Slightly nerf Vilemaw. - As a full build Yorick at 25 min I ulted and couldn't solo it. That's the equivalent of 2 Tanky DPS trying to take Vilemaw (2/3 of the team) and being unable. It typically requires an ace to know there is no opposition (which make you lose time to push during the short respawns) or 2 tanky DPS with a decent amount of lifesteal.

- Replace Speed Shrine with Red Buff - The speed shrine is near useless as there is no brush to try to juke using that temporary increase in speed like there is in Dom. Red buff however was the only way to make AD carries viable in TT as they could build damage and no FM or phage and still be able to kite opponents. Without red buff we are reducing the diversity of the Team Comps that could happen in TT. On another note this also reduces the jungler's presence as their ganks will be weaker with the lack of red buff.
-Alternatively - brush could be added near the tops and bottoms of the speed shrine to increase the usefulness and utility that the shrine has to offer.

Those are all my thoughts for now. If I have more I may come back and add an EDIT to the bottom to say my thoughts. If you agree or disagree with my thoughts or want to add something feel free to say so below, I'm open to discussion about TT and I may be wrong. But before ranting about my statements at least give me clear reasons so I can understand your point.

EDIT: Also I think that if they made wards that lasted maybe 60 or 120 seconds instead of the typical 180 seconds could be a good thing. There also seems to be a lack of walls that can be hopped over, which I understand was to reduce the need for blink champions. When compared SR map, the ratio of walls that can be hopped over is far more than the new TT. Doesn't this make the Twisted Treeline lose its 'twistedness'?
You aren't supposed to be able to solo Vilemaw, it's like the equivalent of Baron in 5v5s. They did it on purpose to promote teamfights at Vilemaw