Clever Girl: Jungling as Akali

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haruhiist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2010

Does this still work with the weaker ArPen marks? Cause I'm just barely dying because that Greater Wraith lasts one more hit.

Montegomery

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by My bear Tibbers View Post
Hey, thanks, I've been looking for a good akali guide. I prefer laning with her (love the laning phase) but I needed a guide where I could kill dragon.

This is fantastic.

A question: I'm a very cautious player, is there any way to do this with ghost instead of ignite?
Grab 2 AD marks and replace your AD quint with a T3 AP Quint, and use flat AP Glyphs as well. This will activate both your passives with a Doran's blade and Brute Force. Golems should die faster, but Wraiths will die slower due to the lack of Ignite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruhiist View Post
Does this still work with the weaker ArPen marks? Cause I'm just barely dying because that Greater Wraith lasts one more hit.
It still works, but it is harder. It's actually easier now, and cheaper, to just run full AD Marks. You lose a bit of late game damage if you use Lich Bane extensively, but if you can't jungle in the first place without them there isn't much point in that.

Montegomery

12-01-2010

I've updated the guide to reflect the change to Doran's Blade and shifts in my philosophy toward jungling.

To summarize the new philosophy: "Be the fastest, most secure and versatile jungler you can be, and let the end-game sort itself out." Being anything else is simply asking for opposing junglers to harass you and take control of the game.

With the new setup of AD Marks, flat AP Quints/Glyphs and Ghost instead of Ignite, jungling is far more secure, ganks are no longer as rough before level 6, and very few enemy junglers can harass you. In fact, once you have shroud you're in a very strong position to go harass them instead. It's well worth the later game sacrifices to start you and your team off on the right foot.

reborn

12-04-2010

Why is it now that I'm having to recall after wolves? I'm 21/0/9 with ad reds, armor yellows, ap quints and blues,dorans blade + a pot, running with smite/ghost. I kill mini golems, wraiths then wolves, and I end up having to blow my pot on the wraiths which leaves me with less than half hp and no pot for blue golem? Don't understand.

Xailion

Recruiter

12-04-2010

Hey, just noticed you recommend Smite and Ghost as spells, but take masteries for Smite and Ignite, dropping 1 in GHs instead of Imp Ghost.

?

Montegomery

12-09-2010

Good catch, I forgot to update my masteries when I updated the guide. I'll fix it right away.

phoot

12-15-2010

First -- thank you for your guide. I really enjoy jungle Akali.
Now , the infamous patch .107 nerfed the HP gain on levelup. I'm still using your old rune setup (ap per level blue, arpen red, 2 flat ap quints etc.) and find myself struggling a lot.

How is your take on this particular change? Is your new rune setup viable in this new environment?

I tried mpen reds for lategame purposes but oh man, do I get torn up in jungle.

lmaonade200

12-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoot View Post
First -- thank you for your guide. I really enjoy jungle Akali.
Now , the infamous patch .107 nerfed the HP gain on levelup. I'm still using your old rune setup (ap per level blue, arpen red, 2 flat ap quints etc.) and find myself struggling a lot.

How is your take on this particular change? Is your new rune setup viable in this new environment?

I tried mpen reds for lategame purposes but oh man, do I get torn up in jungle.
what do you mean getting torn up in the jungle? you can't handle the mobs well enough? or ganks getting to you?

and this is just imo, but build your runes a little more early game friendly, since akali is generally an early-mid game champion and needs the early boost to farm well early to do well late.

phoot

12-16-2010

I was referring to having a very slow jungling speed due to lots of porting back for heals.

Ganks are commonly less of a problem.

lmaonade200

12-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoot View Post
I was referring to having a very slow jungling speed due to lots of porting back for heals.

Ganks are commonly less of a problem.
yeah im getting a very slow jungle also, but then again my rune page isn't up to par yet, currently using half and half AD and Mpen, i think you should stick to AD for your marks since it'll give you a faster jungling speed.

I also see a lot of people saying that they can't seem to finish off ancient golem in the first run, once I get my rune page filled I'll try it out and see how it goes.