Clever Girl: Jungling as Akali

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

Senior Member

01-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTG Nerd View Post
Any word on the effects of the recent patches have made it better for her?
Most likely far worse, to an already bad jungle.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Montegomery

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-20-2012

Actually Spell Vamp Quints are amazing for Jungle Akali. Combined with AD Marks you can start Amplifying Tome + Potion and clear without a leash. With a leash you'll stay at full health throughout the jungle, rather than at half.

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBNt-ODMozs


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eledhan

Senior Member

01-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montegomery View Post
Actually Spell Vamp Quints are amazing for Jungle Akali. Combined with AD Marks you can start Amplifying Tome + Potion and clear without a leash. With a leash you'll stay at full health throughout the jungle, rather than at half.

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBNt-ODMozs
Ignore Carados.

He's a troll of epic proportions.

Apparently, he finds it fun to trash everyone else' opinions about things with "it's bad"...and not much else. I think in the last month, he's posted a total of 1 correctly supported post other than "the pro's don't do it, why should you?".

I have always had a thing for jungle Akali, and I wanna try it again now that I've seen you updated the guide for the new jungle!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eledhan

Senior Member

01-20-2012

Just an FYI, Montegomery...

Your masteries are not linked properly. Both mastery links show the 21-9-0 build instead of the Alternative build showing the 3-11-16 build.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

Senior Member

01-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eledhan View Post
Ignore Carados.

He's a troll of epic proportions.
You're the one trolling.

Akali requires a bunch of farm to be useful, and with the new jungle, you can't farm the jungle.

If you can't chain gank, you aren't a good jungler currently.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Montegomery

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eledhan View Post
Just an FYI, Montegomery...

Your masteries are not linked properly. Both mastery links show the 21-9-0 build instead of the Alternative build showing the 3-11-16 build.
Thanks for the heads up. It should be fixed now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
You're the one trolling.

Akali requires a bunch of farm to be useful, and with the new jungle, you can't farm the jungle.

If you can't chain gank, you aren't a good jungler currently.
Actually if you straight up farm the new jungle you can yield 72% the value of a lane which last-hits perfectly. That's not exactly what you'd do as Akali though.

Jungle Akali is a slightly different style from other junglers as her best ganking tool isn't available until level 6. You goal is really to hit 6 as quickly as possible while still supporting your lanes if they're pressure (by covering or ganking). Once you're six you pretty much gank forever.

The level 6 gank timing is powerful because if you farm the jungle until then you'll have enough gold for either boots 2 or boots + revolver. Having boots 2 for ganks is very, very strong.

I wouldn't call her an ideal jungler, but she's really no worse than a Singed or a Karthus early on.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

Senior Member

01-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montegomery View Post
Jungle Akali is a slightly different style from other junglers as her best ganking tool isn't available until level 6. You goal is really to hit 6 as quickly as possible while still supporting your lanes if they're pressure (by covering or ganking). Once you're six you pretty much gank forever.

The level 6 gank timing is powerful because if you farm the jungle until then you'll have enough gold for either boots 2 or boots + revolver. Having boots 2 for ganks is very, very strong.

I wouldn't call her an ideal jungler, but she's really no worse than a Singed or a Karthus early on.
Here's the thing: This is exactly what WW does.

Akali can't do it as well as WW.

WW isn't a good jungler currently.

Yes, this is a great guide on how to play badly.

The novetly is lost because currently every single champion can jungle.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Montegomery

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Here's the thing: This is exactly what WW does.

Akali can't do it as well as WW.

WW isn't a good jungler currently.

Yes, this is a great guide on how to play badly.

The novetly is lost because currently every single champion can jungle.
Akali clears faster than Warwick and her ult doesn't have a 90 second cooldown. Her pre-6 ganks are also stronger than his due to higher damage and a weak slow (which is better than none at all).

Every single champion can jungle, but if you have to start Cloth + 5 potions to do it you're not even worth considering. The novelty of this guide is that you can start Amplifying Tome without significant difficulty.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

Senior Member

01-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montegomery View Post
Akali clears faster
Stopped right here.

You missed the jungle remake. You don't "clear" anymore. That's not a useful metric. Again, "sustain jungling" is dead.

Your team is going to fall behind if you clear the jungle while their skarner/udyr/maokai is just actively ganking every time he has cooldowns.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Montegomery

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Stopped right here.

You missed the jungle remake. You don't "clear" anymore. That's not a useful metric. Again, "sustain jungling" is dead.

Your team is going to fall behind if you clear the jungle while their skarner/udyr/maokai is just actively ganking every time he has cooldowns.
Clearspeed is important because it lowers the opportunity cost of ganking/covering. There's a reason almost all of the popular junglers today have strong AoE, including those you listed.

I explicitly said that while your goal is to hit level 6 as fast as possible you shouldn't wait that long to support your lanes. I'm not sure why you assumed I was suggesting an afk farm jungle style.