Clever Girl: Jungling as Akali

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Montegomery

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2011

Your runes are fairly solid, but your masteries could use improvement.

Ardor is still a fairly weak mastery as you need 500 AP for it to give you as much AP as an Amplifying Tome. The only time it's really worth getting is either when you're going for Tenacity or to make some of the specialized rune setups discussed a few pages back work. Nimbleness is fairly useless without dodge runes. The 2.0% dodge from Evasion isn't enough to make it a worthy investment.

As such I would recommend you drop all points in Ardor and Nimbleness and use those to go 14/16/0 instead, taking 2/3 Sunder and 2/3 Brute Force. This gives you enough AD to drop your AD quint and take another hp/5 quint instead.

Strength of Spirit doesn't increase Akali's regeneration because she has no mana. It was a silly question, and you could have easily tested this without having to ask and look silly.

RezErrection

02-15-2011

Is there an effective route starting at your enemies' golems IF you're sure the other jungler isn't starting there and keep the minion wave from spotting you out?

Montegomery

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2011

You could go Enemy Golems -> Enemy Wraiths -> Wolves -> Blue and then either continue on as you would with the basic route or try something fancier. Starting at their golems is very dangerous and I wouldn't do it unless I was absolutely certain that the enemy was starting at blue and that their team wasn't going to bump into me on accident.

Wraith stealing is a heck of a lot safer as you can hide out in the bushes at river as though you were protecting your own blue, and then just dart over to the camp once minions spawn.

Ayag

02-15-2011

Thank Montegomery for the answers.
Still, could you describe a bit more the defense tree ?
I would go like 3/3 armor and mr ; 2 points in dodge ; 2/2 defensive mastery (i found out minions hurt me a lot ..) ; 2/3 harden skin and 4/4 hp ?

Yeah I was kinda sure for strenght of spirit but I gotta ask since I am pretty sure I saw that on a stream, and the guy was playing Shen ..

Edit : for the masteries, what about a 10/6/13 with the usual for offensive, just the 3/3 armor and mr for the defensive, and for utility i'll grab 4/4 xp+, 1 in greed and 1 point left for where i want ?

Interceptor402

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayag View Post
So first question, what do you think about my masteries/runes ?
Personally I would try to activate both of your passives via runes/masteries. You have one extra Quint and no need to go into the Utility tree since you're not jungling, plus you're already getting your AD passive from what you own as it is, so that should be doable easily.

The benefit for you will be that you can take Boots + 3 pots as your starting loadout. That's better than Tome + 1 pot imo, because you have ~400 more HP in your pocket from healing, and you're cruising at 375 movespeed (makes it easier to harass your lane opponent, plus escape gank attempts). Boots are an item you'd buy anyway, so it's no great net loss over the tome.

That is what I do when I can't jungle as Akali (like if we have a Nunu on the team.. no way am I going to take jungle over someone like him)... I slightly adjust my masteries to get Ignite/Cleanse/Ghost/whatever in place of Smite, and just Boots my way towards my lane assignment, be it a solo or a duo lane.

Ayag

02-15-2011

So, 9 glyph flat AP + 2 quint AP ? And for the masteries with it ? I'll grab 9 flat ad red with 14 in offensive to activate the two bonuses ?

Montegomery

02-15-2011

I personally think activating the AP passive early is a matter of preference. The damage isn't insignificant, but you're going to grab an AP item on your first return trip either way. It's a question as to whether 4 damage per auto attack is worth the late game sacrifice. There isn't a simple answer.

I just use my jungle page because it's convenient.

Interceptor402

02-15-2011

Yeah, I agree that it's a matter of preference for the AP passive, since it's not as immediately useful as the AD passive, and you'll be getting it soon anyway. But it's more than just the passive, it's also +20 AP simultaneously with the other stuff, which is why I like it in the lane. When I have Boots and a ~600 HP buffer beyond my normal regen and spell vamp, I can hang out and farm up for quite some time, with low risk. My philosophy is that runes and such should be for earlygame, to give you an advantage that you can cascade into mid-to-lategame.

@Ayag: there are a bunch of ways to do it. My preference is 9/21/0, since that gets me Tenacity and my choice of either 15% magic pen or the Ignite synergy (I usually prefer the %pen since I never get flat pen... which maximizes the effect that I get from the mastery). Montegomery's 14/16 suggestion is a good one for your scenario too. I would not recommend any points in Utility, in any case.

Omnissions

02-26-2011

This is a jungling question in general, but I am curious to also see how it pertains to Akali. After you have hit level 6, and there are no ganks, what are you supposed to do? I find that if I remain in the jungle (assuming the enemy team has a jungler as well, ruling out their jungle), I begin to lose my level advantage. Should I join a lane and push it? Or should I just stick with it, and give my solo lane more time to farm/level. Usually on the junglers I play (amumu, Udyr) the level advantage doesn't really help me too much, but If I plan to try to carry with akali, I want to make sure I have all the advantages I can have.

BTW Great guide, really helped me. Jungle Akali seems so awesome, can't wait to try her out in a actual game (assuming my team doesnt insta-lock carries -_-).

Ebonclaw

02-26-2011

As this is more of a general jungle tactics question, I'll lend a hand. When all of your jungle mobs are dead:

1) Look for a good gank
2) Hunt enemy jungler
3) Help push down a tower

Bottom lane is always nice, because if you find the enemy jungle, or decide to take down dragon, you can generally call in ample support for your mission. It's always frustrating to hit 4 a few moments before the solo lanes, then 5 minutes later see that you are 6 and they are 8..... So you just have to be proactive, think "what could I do that's useful". Bottom lane gives you manpower to get things done, top lane will almost never complain at having a partner to push for the tower - as long as you DO push for the tower, and don't just push their minions out and then leave. :P Middle is rarely a stalemate, as well. Either your mid is suffering and could really use a hand, or they are winning the lane, and the tower can likely be pushed down without great risk, by this point in the game.

<3