Nostrilla the Bogey Shaman (Tags: Ugly, Female, Support, Monster)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3mptylord

10-22-2012

For a fully formatted version, with artwork, quotes and ability details, see: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...e_Bogey_Shaman.

Nostrilla, the Bogey Shaman

• Attributes: Melee, Support and Mage.
  • Ratings: 3/10 Damage, 6/10 Health, 8/10 Spells, 7/10 Difficulty
  • Key Stats: 175 range, 340 movement speed

Quote:
Attachment 681588Creeping Frost
INNATE: Damaging an enemy with an ability or basic attack reduces their attack damage by 15% for 5 seconds and movement speed by 7.5% for 2.5 seconds. The movement speed slow decays over the duration and will stack up to 45%.
Quote:
Attachment 681590Q: Soul Drain
ACTIVE: Nostrilla smashes her target, dealing her total attack damage as physical damage and briefly silencing them for 0.5 seconds. This will apply on-hit effects.
This attack forms a tether with her target for 5 seconds. While the tether persists, Nostrilla deals magic damage to her target every second and gains an aura that replenishes the mana of nearby allied champions. Each instance of damage will trigger Creeping Frost.
While tethered to her target, Nostrilla cannot autoattack and her movement speed is slowed by 20%.
  • RANGE: 225
  • COOLDOWN: 10 / 9 / 8 / 7 / 6
  • COST: 60 mana
  • MAGIC DAMAGE: 60 / 90 / 120 / 150 / 180 (+40% AP) per second
  • MANA REPLENISH: 24 / 36 / 48 / 60 / 72 per second
  • LEASH RANGE: 850
  • AREA RADIUS: 325
Quote:
Attachment 681591W: Avalanche
ACTIVE: Nostrilla draws an arch with her scepter, rupturing the ground in a wave that travels outward. The wave of churning ice briefly knocks-up and damages enemies caught in its path. Upon reaching the target range, the wave forms an curved wall of impassible terrain that remains for 5 seconds.
  • RANGE: 1000 (varying)
  • COOLDOWN: 23 / 20 / 17 / 14 / 11
  • MAGIC DAMAGE: 60 / 105 / 150 / 195 / 240 (+65% AP)
  • MAX WIDTH: 400 / 500 / 600 / 700 / 800
Quote:
Attachment 681592E: Circle of the Ancestors
ACTIVE: Nostrilla calls upon the spirits to ravage a target location for 8 seconds, slowing enemy movement speed by 20% and reducing their armour and magic resist. Additionally, Nostrilla replenishes health whenever an enemy or neutral monster dies within the spiritual mist.
  • RANGE: 900
  • COOLDOWN: 15
  • SHRED: 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35
  • HEAL: 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 / 120 (+25% AP)
  • DIAMETER OF AREA: 1000
Quote:
Attachment 681593R: Frostbane
ACTIVE: Nostrilla places a curse on all enemies in a target area for 7 seconds. When allied champions deal non-periodic damage to a cursed enemy, they will trigger the curse to deal additional magic damage and trigger Creeping Frost. This additional damage is counted as the ally's damage and it will benefit from their magic penetration. Nostrilla can trigger the additional damage herself. Triggering the curse does not consume it.
  • RANGE: 700
  • COOLDOWN: 145 / 120 / 95
  • COST: 120 mana
  • MAGIC DAMAGE: 30 / 70 / 100 (+ 35% AP)
  • DIAMETER OF AOE: 700
Hope her frosty makeover is good!

Icons courtesy of Guild Wars 2. ^_^

Back when she was a Troll of the Ruhgosk Tribe:
  • Enfeeble (INNATE): Nostrilla's attacks and damaging abilities apply a non-stacking debuff that reduces her target's attack damage by 15% (+5% per 100 AP) for 5 seconds.
  • Q: Soul Drain (ACTIVE): Nostrilla smashes her target, dealing her total attack damage as physical damage and briefly silencing them for 0.5 seconds. This will apply on-hit effects. This attack forms a tether with her target for 5 seconds. While the tether persists, Nostrilla deals magic damage to her target every second and gains an aura that replenishes the mana of nearby allied champions. While tethered to her target, Nostrilla cannot autoattack and her movement speed is slowed by 20%.
  • W: Landslide (ACTIVE): Nostrilla draws an arch with her scepter, rupturing the ground in a wave that travels outward. The wave of churning soil briefly knocks-up and damages enemies caught in its path. Upon reaching the target range, the wave forms an curved wall of impassible terrain that remains for 5 seconds.
  • E: Circle of the Ancestors (ACTIVE): Nostrilla calls upon the spirits to ravage a target location for 8 seconds, slowing enemy movement speed by 20% and reducing their armour and magic resist. Additionally, Nostrilla replenishes health whenever an enemy or neutral monster dies within the spiritual mist.
  • R: Crippling Penance (ACTIVE): Nostrilla places a voodoo curse on all enemies in a target area for 7 seconds, causing them to take magic damage each time they deal damage with a non-periodic ability or use basic attack.

Sinopion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2012

I think they ability ideas are unique and interesting but I think the ranges are bit high and there should not be any damage on landslide. It's an impassible terrain which means when placed right it is very powerful Anivia wall, trundle pillar are the 2 terrain types but even if you just take team stun/slows like veigar, victor, karthus, these large area effect stun/slow/impassibles don't do dmg.

3mptylord

10-23-2012

I only gave Landslide damage because I didn't give her AoE ability any damage (Circle of the Ancestors), and if neither have damage than she doesn't really have any direct damaging abilities. Also, which ranges in particular? I made most of them the same or lower than their most comparable skill.

TheHat27

10-24-2012

I like it, but I agree that both Landslide and Circle of the Ancestors shouldn't do damage as that Q is just broken strong in a team fight, the tether in particular. As it is her Q, E,W combo is going to be amazing and in a team fight with her R they will essentially be forced to run away.

Area's that her R is useful: Stopping ganks, ganking, destroying in team fights, running away from teamfights.

As she is I would say she is barley balanced as her Q and R are super strong. If anything I would like her W's wall to last a tad longer. Or, maybe make it like 10 seconds long, but destroyable with fairly low health (like 700) that way by itself it isn't that big of a deal for most champs, but with her R active it is scary.

So yeah, I like her.

Please check out my champion idea too!:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2715649

3mptylord

10-24-2012

I just thought a support with one, melee-range damaging ability would just be too weak... but I'll remove the damage on her wall and increase the duration a tad (although I'd prefer a shorter duration, indestructible wall). Compared to other cc-supports, like Taric, Leona, Alistar, Blitzcrank and the occasional Amumu and Galio, her damage output is just so low now?

TheHat27

10-24-2012

It's your champ, can't force you to change anything! It just seems that she would be built either AP or AD mid (as the Q seems to work with both) and then be super strong. As a support, she doesn't have much going for her early game, so I'm honestly not sure. She is a great champion so far though.

Oh also, I thought that it said she slowed her enemy, not herself, with her Q. She definitely shouldn't slow herself.

3mptylord

10-24-2012

I honestly don't see how she'd make a strong mid. Her Q disables auto-attacks, and is primarily for the mana replenishment aura (given her costs are fairly low; she doesn't need it herself).The self-slow is to give the skill a feel similar to Varus' Piercing Shot; it's thematic, rather than necessary. A shaman that's draining your live force shouldn't be running around, she should be steadied and concentrating (it was the alternative to rooting her, like Fiddlesticks). Her ultimate is an anti-initiation, perfect for skirmishes bottom lane. Better than an exhaust: it causes the enemy to take damage every time they attack your carry. I personally see her as entirely a support.

I'll tone down the damage she originally had on W, but I definitely need to give her damage on either W or E. I think I chose W initially because otherwise her E is a rip-off of Nasus' Spirit Fire (and a better rip-off at that).

EDIT: Done. I've taken 5 base damage off each level, so 240 at rank-5 down from 260.

TheHat27

10-24-2012

Well, I can just see her burst combo being strong if you build her AP and have someone else there attacking with you. Though you are right, I'm not sure what I was thinking when I said she would be good mid. I would like a little more to her ult though. Perhaps at the end of the 5 seconds enemies are silenced. Maybe make it a bit longer, like 7 seconds.

3mptylord

10-24-2012

7 seconds seems fair. It was actually balanced around Rammus' Tremors, since it is basically a glorified damage over time and Tremors lasts for 8 seconds and hits towers... however, since there's the psychological mechanic of being afraid to attack, I think 7 seconds sounds good.

P.S. The burst isn't that high. It's comparable to Annie's Q and W, Fiddlestick's Q and W, Zyra's Q and E, etc... but they all have ultimate's that do burst (Nostrilla's doesn't do anything unless they choose to damage you)... and most of them have a third damaging non-ultimate too. She has some nice harass, which is essential for a support, but I wouldn't call it burst.

TheHat27

10-24-2012

Glad you agree, for a while after my first or second post I thought I remembered it as just "For 5 seconds enemies can't attack" which also would be interesting, but would be pretty much an AoE of Kayle's ult that would last 5 times longer and actually be amazing and broken hahaha.