Ask the Madman of Zaun

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Madman

10-22-2012

An ugly, purple Yordle he is, laughing like mad as he's much shorter than he was previously. The change is noticeable in his voice as well, his tiny tongue slurping.

Mundo feel... small. Is different!

His clothes are incredibly loose on his body now. He doesn't dare move, lest he lose all of his garments.

How long Mundo stay like this?

Ask the Herald

10-22-2012

Greetings, Doctor. How are you feeling today?

- Viktor, the Machine Herald

Ask the Madman

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald View Post
Greetings, Doctor. How are you feeling today?

- Viktor, the Machine Herald
Viktor! Mundo always happy to see you. Mundo fine today. Can't complain. Mundo not blamed for any murders in three days!

And poof. He's back to his normal... er... self. Looking to Viktor, he grins, looking accomplished. Apparently, not being accused of a crime was a good day for Mundo.

Blitzcrank came by Mundo's laboratory today. Thought he should tell you. You come to take him back from Mundo?

Ask the Herald

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Madman View Post
Viktor! Mundo always happy to see you. Mundo fine today. Can't complain. Mundo not blamed for any murders in three days!

And poof. He's back to his normal... er... self. Looking to Viktor, he grins, looking accomplished. Apparently, not being accused of a crime was a good day for Mundo.

Blitzcrank came by Mundo's laboratory today. Thought he should tell you. You come to take him back from Mundo?
Viktor's attention wasn't on the good doctor, no. Instead the mechanized man was looking around at Dr. Mundo's laboratory as if comparing it to his own. "You have quite a bit of mildew, Doctor." But it wasn't a concern, for the Herald knew that Mundo wouldn't be ended by mere decay of that miniscule level.

Viktor finally looks to Mundo as the larger man brings up his creation.
"No, I'm not. What Blitzcrank does in his own time is his business, and I have no interest in meddling. I simply came to visit you to see how you were doing....And sure enough, you're quite well." If his mask wasn't hiding his face, a small smile would be visible to Dr. Mundo. "So, what have you been working on here?"

{{ I dunno if you know, but the former Mundo and I were Science-bro's. Not sure if you're okay with that, but at the very least I'd like for us to have a similar relationship - that is, on benevolent, if scientific, terms. }}

Ask the Madman

10-23-2012

Quote:
Viktor's attention wasn't on the good doctor, no. Instead the mechanized man was looking around at Dr. Mundo's laboratory as if comparing it to his own. "You have quite a bit of mildew, Doctor." But it wasn't a concern, for the Herald knew that Mundo wouldn't be ended by mere decay of that miniscule level.

Viktor finally looks to Mundo as the larger man brings up his creation.
"No, I'm not. What Blitzcrank does in his own time is his business, and I have no interest in meddling. I simply came to visit you to see how you were doing....And sure enough, you're quite well." If his mask wasn't hiding his face, a small smile would be visible to Dr. Mundo. "So, what have you been working on here?"

{{ I dunno if you know, but the former Mundo and I were Science-bro's. Not sure if you're okay with that, but at the very least I'd like for us to have a similar relationship - that is, on benevolent, if scientific, terms. }}
Mundo not have time to clean, sadly. It not bother Mundo too much. Have gotten used to the smell! Not too much of a hazard, either.

Of course, for those with a nose not used to the smells of death and decay, it'd likely be a problem. This had never proven to be much of a problem for Mundo, considering his line of work. Once Viktor inquires about his work, Mundo seems to light up.

Mundo glad you asked. Come with Mundo!

Beckoning for Viktor to follow him down a tiny set of stairs, he walks down them first. Strapped to a table is an unconscious man with a great deal of machines hooked up to him; IV's mostly to keep him from getting malnourished, though there are a few wires attached to a few suction-like pads on the man's forehead. These are connected to another machine which seems to be making a lot of beeping noises.

Mundo reading his brain waves. Making him ignore pain. He like Mundo! ... Almost. But not quite there. Mundo think he need more 'supplements' before he not feel pain like Mundo!

Then, the worst case scenario occurs; the beeps stop and settle on a flatline... In a panic, the Doctor grabs a pair of defibs and rubs them together, putting them on the man's shirt. He repeats this a few times to no avail, only seeing a slight jolt in the body, but no real effect is had on the man. The doctor pauses for a second, shaking, staring helplessly at the deceased cadaver. He throws a bit of a tantrum at this realization. Well, that is, after he throws the IV out one of the low cellar windows, likely scaring a stray cat or two out of the alley that resided there. A cleaver cracks the screen of the device he'd been using to monitor the man's brain waves, left to just stay right there as Mundo seethes. He didn't feel remorse for the man he'd killed just now; he just saw him as another failed experiment.. During all of this, he managed to avoid bowling Viktor over somehow. Once the dust settles, Mundo is breathing heavily, speaking in a somber tone.

Mundo... sorry you had to see that. Was Mundo's work since last Harrowing. Mundo need lie down, maybe. Mundo didn't want to kill him. Mundo wanted to make him stronger. Like you, Viktor! But Mundo fail! Mundo always fail!

The large, purple entity sits down, cradling himself with his arms about his legs. He's obviously torn up about the whole thing, left in more or less a fetal position at this point.

Mundo thought this one different! But they all the same.

((I'm new to the roleplay forum, so I wasn't aware of that, but I assumed since they're both centered around Zaun and that there's no mention of the two hating each other in lore that they'd be on good terms. I'd be more than happy to continue the relationship the two had while the other Mundo was around, as best I can.

Also, that escalated quickly.))

Ask the Herald

10-23-2012

Quote:
Mundo not have time to clean, sadly. It not bother Mundo too much. Have gotten used to the smell! Not too much of a hazard, either.

Of course, for those with a nose not used to the smells of death and decay, it'd likely be a problem. This had never proven to be much of a problem for Mundo, considering his line of work. Once Viktor inquires about his work, Mundo seems to light up.

Mundo glad you asked. Come with Mundo!

Beckoning for Viktor to follow him down a tiny set of stairs, he walks down them first. Strapped to a table is an unconscious man with a great deal of machines hooked up to him; IV's mostly to keep him from getting malnourished, though there are a few wires attached to a few suction-like pads on the man's forehead. These are connected to another machine which seems to be making a lot of beeping noises.

Mundo reading his brain waves. Making him ignore pain. He like Mundo! ... Almost. But not quite there. Mundo think he need more 'supplements' before he not feel pain like Mundo!

Then, the worst case scenario occurs; the beeps stop and settle on a flatline... In a panic, the Doctor grabs a pair of defibs and rubs them together, putting them on the man's shirt. He repeats this a few times to no avail, only seeing a slight jolt in the body, but no real effect is had on the man. The doctor pauses for a second, shaking, staring helplessly at the deceased cadaver. He throws a bit of a tantrum at this realization. Well, that is, after he throws the IV out one of the low cellar windows, likely scaring a stray cat or two out of the alley that resided there. A cleaver cracks the screen of the device he'd been using to monitor the man's brain waves, left to just stay right there as Mundo seethes. He didn't feel remorse for the man he'd killed just now; he just saw him as another failed experiment.. During all of this, he managed to avoid bowling Viktor over somehow. Once the dust settles, Mundo is breathing heavily, speaking in a somber tone.

Mundo... sorry you had to see that. Was Mundo's work since last Harrowing. Mundo need lie down, maybe. Mundo didn't want to kill him. Mundo wanted to make him stronger. Like you, Viktor! But Mundo fail! Mundo always fail!

The large, purple entity sits down, cradling himself with his arms about his legs. He's obviously torn up about the whole thing, left in more or less a fetal position at this point.

Mundo thought this one different! But they all the same.

((I'm new to the roleplay forum, so I wasn't aware of that, but I assumed since they're both centered around Zaun and that there's no mention of the two hating each other in lore that they'd be on good terms. I'd be more than happy to continue the relationship the two had while the other Mundo was around, as best I can.

Also, that escalated quickly.))
After all was said and done, Viktor watched as the hulking doctor seemed to sulk at the failure of his latest experiment. The augmented man could understand how Mundo felt now, having been no stranger to failures himself. However, if anything, Viktor possessed a lesson that he could bestow upon the biologically enhanced behemoth before him. "Failure is but a stepping stone for greater success, Doctor. Though you may see many experiments yield less than desirable results, it is the very nature of science and progress to require many attempts before you see something feasible."

He boldly approached the doctor and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Experimentation would not be so alluring if you could so easily produce results, don't you think? Never falter, continue your efforts, and one day you will have the achievement you desire."

Ask the Madman

10-23-2012

Quote:
After all was said and done, Viktor watched as the hulking doctor seemed to sulk at the failure of his latest experiment. The augmented man could understand how Mundo felt now, having been no stranger to failures himself. However, if anything, Viktor possessed a lesson that he could bestow upon the biologically enhanced behemoth before him. "Failure is but a stepping stone for greater success, Doctor. Though you may see many experiments yield less than desirable results, it is the very nature of science and progress to require many attempts before you see something feasible."

He boldly approached the doctor and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Experimentation would not be so alluring if you could so easily produce results, don't you think? Never falter, continue your efforts, and one day you will have the achievement you desire."
The Doctor lets the Herald speak before he pulls himself off of the ground, standing to once again tower over Viktor, as he did most folks. Though, contrary to most of those he'd met, Viktor was one of the few he felt could relate to him, being a man of Science as well. There was a certain kinship between the two.

Mundo try again. All he can do. Will start looking for new specimen tomorrow morning. Tonight too hard for Mundo.

He sighs, looking to Viktor once again, feeling the need to change the subject.

Mundo wondering how your Revolution is going, though. Hopefully better than Mundo's latest failure.

Ask the Herald

10-23-2012

Quote:
The Doctor lets the Herald speak before he pulls himself off of the ground, standing to once again tower over Viktor, as he did most folks. Though, contrary to most of those he'd met, Viktor was one of the few he felt could relate to him, being a man of Science as well. There was a certain kinship between the two.

Mundo try again. All he can do. Will start looking for new specimen tomorrow morning. Tonight too hard for Mundo.

He sighs, looking to Viktor once again, feeling the need to change the subject.

Mundo wondering how your Revolution is going, though. Hopefully better than Mundo's latest failure.
Viktor casts a meaningful glare to the ground at the inquiry.

"Not too well, I'm afraid. So few people are willing to join after hearing of what happened between Jayce and I. Though there are a rare dedicated few, many are frightened at the prospect of being severely injured by the brash and reckless Defender of Tomorrow..."

He clenches his left hand into a fist, crackling with energy.

"But I will not yield. Not so long as I am still functional. I will continue to appeal to others of the Glorious Evolution, and not allow the opposing views of the skeptics hinder me in any way."

Ask the Madman

10-23-2012

Quote:
Viktor casts a meaningful glare to the ground at the inquiry.

"Not too well, I'm afraid. So few people are willing to join after hearing of what happened between Jayce and I. Though there are a rare dedicated few, many are frightened at the prospect of being severely injured by the brash and reckless Defender of Tomorrow..."

He clenches his left hand into a fist, crackling with energy.

"But I will not yield. Not so long as I am still functional. I will continue to appeal to others of the Glorious Evolution, and not allow the opposing views of the skeptics hinder me in any way."

Maybe Mundo help.

The Doctor becomes almost contemplative in that moment, stroking his large chin with his plump fingers. Walking over to his latest failure, he sweeps his giant hand over the man's eyes, closing them.

Mundo killed him... but your inventions maybe bring him back! Maybe Mundo not such a failure after all. Specimen's organs and brain in-tact. Just a little more dead than when Mundo first found him. Sion brought back from dead. Why Viktor not do the same for Specimen?

Optimism; something Mundo didn't really sport much, though it gave him a shred of hope. After all, if the two of them could work together on this, maybe it would turn out favorably for the two Scientists. And the Revolution.

What you say, Viktor? Mundo help Revolution?

((You're such a good Viktor. It's intimidating, lolol. Makes it difficult for me to compete with my Mundo. XD That and this is my first time using a canon.))

TwoWeirdYordles

10-23-2012

Quote:
An ugly, purple Yordle he is, laughing like mad as he's much shorter than he was previously. The change is noticeable in his voice as well, his tiny tongue slurping.

Mundo feel... small. Is different!

His clothes are incredibly loose on his body now. He doesn't dare move, lest he lose all of his garments.

How long Mundo stay like this?
"one day or less... at least according to my calculations"