Map Update: More Twisted for Your Treeline

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cl2aze

10-25-2012

Riot this is the hard truth and take it raw, this new twisted treeline f***** sucks! We were looking for uniqueness not a "on remove this, take this out, add vilemaw, more removal....." You guys completely destroy what was made successful and turn it into a cheap new map with different jungle mobs. It didn't matter if the old map took a little long to finish a match due to it's landscape being bigger, it was more fun jungling for sure.

I know it's still in beta, but please please please make it more unique than simple. I lost interest the moment I played the new map.

System Rejected

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Just had a game, with an AP teemo and no oracles made the mushroom forest extremely frustrating, we would win our teamfights but cant push cause we would just die to mushrooms when we move pass the jungle. forcing us to eventually give up trying to take any of the altars or vilemaw and just push lanes after minions pop mushrooms

I feel wards and oracles should be returned and add in a bigger jungle in the top simular to previous version. allowing deeper play then just laning cause this I can teemo shroom ward everywhere but you can't stop it or do the same cause you can't even buy wards allowing them free map control just for picking teemo.

gotsgreens

10-25-2012

ABSOLUTE GARBAGE!
just played my first match and it was utter garbage.!!! JUST HORRIBLE we won by a landslide in 19 minutes. it was an overall Nightmare, no control no laning just everyone running around doing their own thing. Those 2 capture pads took away from the game completely! Then to top it off the new Vielmaw creature or what ever.... Really riot a Corpser? how original, just get done playing some Gears of war did you? ...... PLEASE RETURN TWISTED TREELINE!!! (you can keep this map for the noob players that dont understand how a real match works out, just make it a different mode/map)

P.S. When making a game, do not destroy options! players hate that, create more variety so EVERYONE WINS! but instead you changed something many loved into this monstrosity of garbage.... MORE VARIETY! not less

MeowAndNyanQt

10-25-2012

To be honest the games aren't that much shorter. Still doing 20/30min games lol. But yeah great job on the remake it is extremely impressive *To all you League players play heimer* Solo bot OP. Haven't lost it yet(: And yeah good job to Riot.

System Rejected

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2imaster View Post
Riot this is the hard truth and take it raw, this new twisted treeline f***** sucks! We were looking for uniqueness not a "on remove this, take this out, add vilemaw, more removal....." You guys completely destroy what was made successful and turn it into a cheap new map with different jungle mobs. It didn't matter if the old map took a little long to finish a match due to it's landscape being bigger, it was more fun jungling for sure.

I know it's still in beta, but please please please make it more unique than simple. I lost interest the moment I played the new map.

Agree with you totally I started playing this game in TT, I have over 1000 games on the old map easy so I understand that it wasn't perfect but it was alot more fun then this current version simply cause by fixing some imbalances you formed others, and

things I agree with is the new vilemaw is pretty bad ass, and having him being such an epic hard to kill making him more valuble and harder to contest.

but in the few new TT games I've played it's been about camping the brush near speed buff shrine , being defensively farming and taking advantage of stragglers going for our sides altar. which in my opinion is kinda boring way to play and even more boring then turte strat from the old version. (which was one of the big concerns you hoped to address)

xDragunov

10-26-2012

I believe that gotsgreens and System Rejected are accurate in their comments. I do have more 2000 games played in LOL, Since almost the launch of the game and like everyone then i started playing at TT.
They changed a bit tt i remember, changing some bushes and changing other stuffs and places, and it was fine, you felt the differences in that moment.

I do understand that the map was turtle, that it needed a fresh change. but in what moment this concerned issue became of the idea to make a solution will be a total wipe out of tt to a totally new map not just in style but in gameplay. this is not classic TT, this is a dominion style gameplay. lets just call for what it is.

Strategy-newMAP = none, just follow the carrier like a brainless and kill anyone that appears on the sight. No offense but its is just that, pick an op champ follow your team up and down, no differences on the lane even so .. forget the lanes leave it to the minions or just farm it like you were jungling, just focus on picking the other buffs and killing, chasing and chasing kill chase die respawn do the same over again and go on for 15 20 min, and there you have it. same turtle stuff just for the difference that you kill more or die as well .. more. Just That. theres no strategy. at the difference of the classic TT, where you can chat with your team and planning taking a a boss, or planning a gank. jungling means something as well as lanning.

I actually i have a big issue with this. Dont call it remake, dont call it improve and dont dare calling it better, it is not. You cant even compare new tt with the classic one because is not the same not in gameplay and not in the map layout. Classic is the classic and new is dominion 3 vs 3 wit a boss and thats all.

BUT WHY, please why you kill any option to a player like others can choose between playing CLASSIC TWISTED TREE and NEW DOMINION TWISTED TREE.

PS: RIOT you are destroying options, just release this new map and keep old one. just like you were doing with dominion. you dont destroy a champ to release a new one, same with items, you change maybe a skill or a passive/active value, CLASSIC is a CLASSIC.

SirWittOfGreen

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeZero1 View Post
This new TT is more like Dominion now. No wards is really bad. The altar mechanic only promotes bloodbath with no real strategies. Laning phase is non-existant and not enough camps to jungle properly.

Only good thing is Vilemaw, total badass and awesome look. The wall to prevent turtle strat is also welcome.
Agreed!

Neji hyuga07

10-26-2012

i dont like the new map , like a million more players y love the old twisted

Keono

10-26-2012

I want the old map back leave this as a new map by its self. Basically if this stays I am done 3 vs 3 which was my favorite.

CyberKai

10-26-2012

Riot, I have played a few games on this new "Twisted Treeline" map of yours, and I have developed my own, educated, well thought out opinion of it, and as follows:

This new map sucks more than a black hole, and black holes suck so bad that not even light can escape them. What does that say about this map?

What were you guys thinking? Altars? Is this supposed to be the retarded baby mode of the Classic and Dominion game modes? Whoever has both altars locks down the game and traps the enemy team in their base (which they now can't even flash out of to TRY to retake an altar), leading to inevitable defeat. Also, no one I know has even bothered to even go look at the new epic monster (because they're trapped in their base, or trapping the enemies in their base). What's the point of having a monster on the map if the fight has already been decided by the altars?
All in all Riot, you done goofed.